Economics priorities poll.

View attachment 434098 39 days left, and no more negotiating? Getting interesting.
8eRwk8BFWMnauLdPFF.gif

DVIR

I remember I saw one, just one 22.4 doing inside work in his browns in the short span I’ve been here. I told him he was like a unicorn, lol.
In my building about 20 22.4 were laid off for a few months this year. They bumped a big portion of preload for a while. About 16 rpcd are laid off on mondays and work the preload as well.

HyperBrn

I bet PVDs are staying, possibly with some language
PVDs at my center haven't taken away union work during peak for the most part. I mean that in the context that every union driver has had dispatches that meet or exceed 11hrs almost every day during peak over the two peaks I have worked. Granted that's not a lot of time served (haha prison terminology). And you can say, well they should hire more seasonal PC drivers. But they aren't really union employees either are they?

But long story longer, I agree with this assessment. I believe that PVD use is the ONE strike issue we might have to grin and bear this contract.

I would like to see the contract language strengthened ALOT on this. Somewhere along the lines of:,
<Start language>
No PVD will NOT be utilized unless/until all of the following conditions have been met:

1. All FT RPCDs have been dispatched to the point they will be on the clock for 12+hrs.
  2. All union air drivers have been offered additional hours to perform ground deliveries up to and including 12hrs of total on the clock work.
  3. All union inside employees have been offered additional work outside their normal work area to include but not limited to:
    1. Hours as a driver helper (to reduce driver workload)
    2. Hours as a temporary driver (if they have DOT and have previously passed integrad)
    3. Hours as a unionized PVD. (additional language regarding compensation for insurance claims should a vehicle incident occur may be necessary.
All seasonal RPCDs have been dispatched to the point they will be on the clock for 12+hrs.

It is the burden of the company to prove that all these conditions have been met. If a union member believes that a PVD has been used against these terms, their union steward may file a grievance on their behalf, leading to a minimum payout of (details I haven't thought out) to the grieving member.

<End language>

Granted this is just something I pulled out of my rear end in the span of a half hour or so. But at least it sets explicit rules on when they can be used.