Time for Changes

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No, please reconsider. Only make sure you have tissues, maybe a nice chardonnay. In bubble bath perhaps. You'll laugh, you'll cry. It will be life changing...
IMG_4640.gif

brownIEman

Oh, wait he didn’t mean to malign the Teamsters work ethic lol. He knows dozens and dozens of business agent and Stewards and they tell their members to slow down and be bad employees. Gtfo. I can assure you, some of my best ass chewings came from business agents.
I knew dozens of stewards, a few business agents. Already admitted that's hardly a full sample.
Based on my experience, I have to doubt a business agent chewed your ass about doing more to provide a fair days work to the company as the union has agreed to.
As I've said before though, I'm not too proud to admit if I'm wrong. Care to share any general details?

RangerMan06

I am in IE and im sure the hell aint going to defend it. After transformation the dept is complete trash. Corporate IE just sends down a bunch of inrealistic intitives. Also talking about forecasting....i used to be responsible for forecasting vol for one of the biggest hubs in the country. We were told just take the last 3 wk avg. Corp forecast they had was complete trash

This about sums it up!!!

Thebrownblob

I knew dozens of stewards, a few business agents. Already admitted that's hardly a full sample.
Based on my experience, I have to doubt a business agent chewed your ass about doing more to provide a fair days work to the company as the union has agreed to.
As I've said before though, I'm not too proud to admit if I'm wrong. Care to share any general details?
No, it’s none of your business, pay your dues and I’ll tell you over a beer one day.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
The strength of the unions is such that they adversely control our country. UPS and Yellow are obvious examples. It's time that certain measures are taken. The entire country should be RTW and curb their power. If one wants to join do so....If one doesn't want to join do so. Much of what the older unions fought for has been codified into law while economic issues dealt with basic supply and demand. I approve of unions as long as one has the choice. Otherwise it's UnAmerican and is communistic. Teamsters at UPS and Yellow have the potential power to cripple our country. Thats a monopoly. Either RTW or make UPS into smaller companies. Your thoughts. Americas future is at stake. There are distinct differences between guilds and unions.
That's just a stupid statement. The country has a 9%-13% union rate for workers depending on who you believe and those low numbers indicate that majority is non-union and therefore controlling. That Right to work crap is a race to the bottom and if it was implemented, would guarantee that the general public fight for pennies their whole lives. If not for the unions, the rate would be even lower for competing companies that are non-union. Fedex would make dollars less an hour, construction companies through prevailing wage jobs, etc.
The last strike at UPS was 1997 and this contract (if passed) guarantees another 5 years of work. The math says that is over 32 years. If Yellow(really YRC) goes out, every other freight company will easily take their loads with no strain on the system. I hope it goes to our brothers in TForce or ABF to name a few. There are only about 13K YRC union employees. Freight companies go under every year (union and non) as big as YRC and the American market is barely aware. The goods still make it to their location on time. The scab owner/ operators are the reason the rates are down.
If not for the threat of a UNION strike, there would be no vacation, sick time, holidays, workplace safety, middle class, etc. In a time where company profits are soaring and wages are remaining stagnant, more Union presence is required instead of less.

UnionStrong

The strength of the unions is such that they adversely control our country. UPS and Yellow are obvious examples. It's time that certain measures are taken. The entire country should be RTW and curb their power. If one wants to join do so....If one doesn't want to join do so. Much of what the older unions fought for has been codified into law while economic issues dealt with basic supply and demand. I approve of unions as long as one has the choice. Otherwise it's UnAmerican and is communistic. Teamsters at UPS and Yellow have the potential power to cripple our country. Thats a monopoly. Either RTW or make UPS into smaller companies. Your thoughts. Americas future is at stake. There are distinct differences between guilds and unions.
IMG_4578.jpeg

UnionStrong

That's just a stupid statement. The country has a 9%-13% union rate for workers depending on who you believe and those low numbers indicate that majority is non-union and therefore controlling. That Right to work crap is a race to the bottom and if it was implemented, would guarantee that the general public fight for pennies their whole lives. If not for the unions, the rate would be even lower for competing companies that are non-union. Fedex would make dollars less an hour, construction companies through prevailing wage jobs, etc.
The last strike at UPS was 1997 and this contract (if passed) guarantees another 5 years of work. The math says that is over 32 years. If Yellow(really YRC) goes out, every other freight company will easily take their loads with no strain on the system. I hope it goes to our brothers in TForce or ABF to name a few. There are only about 13K YRC union employees. Freight companies go under every year (union and non) as big as YRC and the American market is barely aware. The goods still make it to their location on time. The scab owner/ operators are the reason the rates are down.
If not for the threat of a UNION strike, there would be no vacation, sick time, holidays, workplace safety, middle class, etc. In a time where company profits are soaring and wages are remaining stagnant, more Union presence is required instead of less.
He’s on drugs so….