EDN

iruhnman630

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those Apple signed releases only for packages directly form Apple? The op's package is coming from Verizon.

CaptainObvious

[/QUOTE] What ticks me off is when people have to sign for their phone case bought from apple.[/QUOTE]

This will change in the very near future.

U

uber

SDN will work. If it does not, call in a concern. It is complete BS that it 'depends on the driver.'

There is also a link on the shipping confirmation that was emailed to you. Click that link and print up the page. Sign it and tape it to your door or near where the UPS person leaves your stuff. Also indicate where you want the phone left. I have had many leave their front door unlocked and asked me to lock it after I left the phone inside.

The SDN didn't work. I know when I'm out there doing my thang that SDN won't do it for Apple products. Or maybe there is a way to override it I just don't know.

DS

Fenderbender
That only happens in Canada...not here in the states...lol
How do you know? Funny that some people think that where they are is the center of the universe.
You have a big country there ,and ups policy states that they can change it when and wherever they want.
The plan is...there is no plan...just make it work or face the consequences...
You laugh that we are so different from you,but,you are misguided,it's the same everywhere.
lol indeed.

U

uber

I agree but upstate has made the argument that we can only accept a signature that is for that specific tracking number for apple. U know the EDN that zags is talking about.

So I'm looking at my confirmation email and can't find where to print off this EDN BS.

U

uber

Well, tomorrow's day 3. I'll have to pick it up at will call.

Screwey system. Just give me my damn phone!

CFLBrown

FWIW. Packages that are signed for electronically show the "E" on the left hand side of the DIAD and you receieve a prompt when you scan the package that ask's if you want to leave it y/n and then you select a location.

U

uber

FWIW. Packages that are signed for electronically show the "E" on the left hand side of the DIAD and you receieve a prompt when you scan the package that ask's if you want to leave it y/n and then you select a location.

Yeah, I know. But, an EDN is an electronic delivery notice that is printed off the internet. I'm surprised this is so foreign to some drivers.

CFLBrown

Yeah, I know. But, an EDN is an electronic delivery notice that is printed off the internet. I'm surprised this is so foreign to some drivers.

It's not an Apple originated shipment. This is the reason you cannot print off an EDN. I'm surprised this is foreign to you.

The only way to get that packaged released to you without you putting your signature in the DIAD is to sign for it electronically through My Choice.

U

uber

It's not an Apple originated shipment. This is the reason you cannot print off an EDN. I'm surprised this is foreign to you.

The only way to get that packaged released to you without you putting your signature in the DIAD is to sign for it electronically through My Choice.

I signed up for my choice and they wanted me to pay $40. Meh, I'll pass on that. How late can I pick it up at will call?

DS

Fenderbender
What does SDN mean? I do some air driving, so I guess I wouldn't likely use it.
On the back of the info notice there is a place to sign,hence SDN signed delivery notice.
They could change the name,but that would be a SIN :sad-little:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

An SDN is not the same as an EDN and cannot be used for Apple shipments. Zags is waiting for his iPhone from Verizon which he will not be able to have released with an EDN or SDN. Best to put it on Will Call.

Indecisi0n

The SDN referred to in the DIAD for Apple deliveries is the EDN. You must compare the 1Z on the package to that on the EDN before DRing the package. How can you do this if you accept a SDN?

Read your DIAD instructions next time you make an Apple delivery and get back to me.