Elections

moreluck

golden ticket member
What do you think about a proposed amendment to the Constitution that would make voting a Civil Right?

What do you think about skipping these mid-term elections?

What do you think about making voting day a national holiday?

What do you think about...

Never mind.
What do you think about the felon that voted ??

moreluck

golden ticket member
Foden_C20141028_450.jpg

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
What do you think about a proposed amendment to the Constitution that would make voting a Civil Right?

What do you think about skipping these mid-term elections?

What do you think about making voting day a national holiday?

What do you think about...

Never mind.
All stupid ideas. But you knew that.

island1fox

To my fellow American's -CONGRATULATIONS !!

I am expecting the following to happen immediately :

1. Immigration reform --because Obama cannot be trusted --two separate Bills -First to finally close the Border. -Second Work permits and a fair path to citizenship putting illegals at the end of the immigration line.
2. Keystone Pipeline along with a plan to make America energy Independent--all NRG technologies--sun,wind , fracking, oil, gas, clean coal technology etc etc etc.
3. Eliminate IRS -with complete Tax reform --eliminating all deductions for Corporations and individuals ---a simple fair tax --with nominal tax paid by people making under 25,000 per year--all will have skin in the game of life.
4. Tax reform to allow Corporations to bring back over two trillion dollars tax free to America -written into law that ALL the money must be used for investment in the U.S economy ---reward and incent Corporations for American Jobs and manufacturing. A huge jolt to the economy.

5. Government providing non Abortion Birth control to reign in the number of Abortions --particularly in the targeted Planned Parenthood Minority neighborhoods.
6. With all tax deductions eliminated --Federal Government turn over to the States the Question Of Gay Marriage and Gun rights--Let the people of each State decide.
7. Keep the good --Get rid of the bad concerning Obamacare. Obvious to all many changes are necessary !
8. A fair compromise on a gradual increase of the minimum wage along with giving Business a relief from crushing regulations .
9. A complete revamping of the "Welfare System" -Freeing the lazy and the drug addicted from a lost life. Jobs for the able bodied --Cures and treatment for the addicted --stop supporting the lazy and enabling the drug abusers.
10. Term Limits.
11. All laws passed by Congress on the American people ---The politicians are not exempt from the law !
12. ID'S provided to ALL American Citizens Similar to passports ---for travel, proof of age for alcohol and drug purchases --for welfare benefits and for voting -stop the BS--Proof of citizenship and age should not be debated.
13. Reduce the U.S military footprint around the world BUT develop new state of the art technologies to not just secure our defense but to swiftly deal with any real and present danger.
14. With a economy running on all cylinders ---a budget that is followed and a real plan to pay down the debt -along with logical solutions applied to Social Security and Medicare.

These basics would provide a good start --If Obama chooses to Veto and use his pen and Phone ---so be it --not just his Legacy at risk ---But Hillary would be finished.

If the Republican's do not compromise and work with Obama on the above basics ---they will get what they deserve in 2016.

America still has a slim chance of reversing the decline

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Mitch McConnell this morning said that TRADE DEALS were top of the list, and YOU should all know, that TRADE DEALS are a dog whistle for EXPORTING JOBS.

Always has been, always will be. Second, the individual mandate will be tried over and over for the next two years.

Americans will end up paying for this change, and those who celebrate today will be complaining tomorrow.

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Idiots!!!! I hope the students at Berkeley enjoy their $10 burgers from McDonalds.

O.C. voted like me and mine and the rest of the state are idiots!!

BrownBrokeDown

Idiots!!!! I hope the students at Berkeley enjoy their $10 burgers from McDonalds.

O.C. voted like me and mine and the rest of the state are idiots!!
Wrong...If the fast food companies maintain their profit's, not at a percentage but at the actual profits they are making, the typical fast food chain burger may go up 0.25 to 0.50. I am not going to go into the numbers again, did it in a thread after the Seattle change about how much they change will actually effect the cost, but it's not that big a deal unless the owners decide to keep their percentage of profits, in which they will be using the wage increase as an an excuse to increase their actuall profits. simplified eg...if they are making a 10% profit at 0.50 per burger, with increased cost do they maintain the 10% profit or the 0.50 profit as they raise their prices. (Hint, they will say that they have to keep the 10% profit, but this is not true...)

The wage will be split between all those burgers/pops/etc already being ordered, but the overhead will not change. Only the wages. The utility companies already pay more than minimum wage...the factories that make the burgers already pay more than minimum wage (don't believe me, go look at how much Pepsi pays).

Also, think of all the people that might have extra money to put into the economy now, whether it is buying a car, buying a TV, or going out and buying a burger which will help that business generate more money per hour thus increasing their profits...

BrownBrokeDown

Said i wasn't going to but here it is anyway. These numbers are approximates as fast food chain/customers per hour/prices are affected by location.

Lets assume an average of $8 per meal (a little low probably), $400 per hour average which would be 50 meals (depending on location and chain this is easily doable), and 5 employees to work a $400 hour (depending on chain is easily doable).

A $5 per hour per employee increase would amount to 0.50 per meal in that hour. For a family of 4 instead of paying $32 + tax, they would pay $34 + tax.

Now the employee making that extra $5 would bring home approximately $175 more per week and $9100 per year based on a 35 hour week. Fast food companies don't like OT for non-mangement. Lets assume about the worst tax bracket taking 25% out of it = $6825 take home more per year. Your talking huge money for someone or a family that was making minimum wage.

I personally think an extra 0.50 per meal is worth giving someone a different life, what about you?

moreluck

golden ticket member
When we had lunch at McDonalds (within the last 6 months) with their "underpaid" workers......our bill was was $24. For lunch, that's outrageous!!! I can get the biggest burger Carls has....on a BOGO free special every day of the week.

At that price, we will never go back to McDonalds and I'll do my own fish sandwiches at home. I make the best tartar sauce anyway. I'll just get it frozen.....I'll trust the Gorton's fisherman or Van de Kamps.

We hadn't been to McD's for like 10 years and we were craving their fish sandwiches. We never crave their burgers.
We each had 2 fish sandwiches and medium shake. Do the math.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Good luck with that bro. But you can dream as much as you want.
I remember when it was a dream that the Republicans take control of both houses of congress.
You got to hand it to Obama. He started out as a Republican nightmare, but now he is making all the conservative dreams come true.

MAKAVELI

Close enough Sherlock...

Berkeley (/ˈbɜrkliː/ BURK-lee) is a city on the east shore of San Francisco Bay in northern Alameda County, California
I know where it is but maybe you should look at a map next time. There is a body of water and a bridge between the two cities.;)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I remember when it was a dream that the Republicans take control of both houses of congress.
You got to hand it to Obama. He started out as a Republican nightmare, but now he is making all the conservative dreams come true.

I predict 2 more years of gridlock. The House is more significant than the Senate, and the GOP already had the House. Everybody said the right things today and pledged cooperation....umm, no.

The Democrats will be just as obstructionist as the Republicans...and they still have the Presidential veto.