Employee survey cancelled

airbusfxr

Heard today that the company has axed the annual survey due to the cost. Lets look at the survey from BC posters. Start with Grade 20s, I think they are all ok with fat cat pay and bonus. Now Managers and sups are ok because they get paid no matter what and their jobs are safe because UPS will manage 20 employees with 1 sup or if need to they will manage 5 to 1 to keep them bossing. Next are all of us, the workers that make it happen and the company does not want to hear our thoughts or concerns.

Channahon

Log on to UPSers.com and there is information about the ERI. Although the survey will not encompass all the employees in the past who have participated.

And quite honestly, the threads regarding the ERI were generally negative, so this should be a positive.

tiegirl

tiegirl
You must be at the top. One of the 'management team' that would be included in the rate your manager part of the survey. Whats wrong can stand another year of being told you suck after you have been such a jerk all year long. What do you expect after you have treated the ones that makes the wheels go round all year long like they are worthless humans only employed by UPS because there was no one else better to hire at the time.

Thank God. What a farce that thing was in the first place. Best idea
they've had in years!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Originally Posted by airbusfxr
*** the workers that make it happen and the company does not want to hear our thoughts or concerns.

Originally Posted by Hoaxster
Your wrong ... it's just your's they don't want to hear. :wink2:

You must be at the top. One of the 'management team' that would be included in the rate your manager part of the survey. Whats wrong can stand another year of being told you suck after you have been such a jerk all year long. What do you expect after you have treated the ones that makes the wheels go round all year long like they are worthless humans only employed by UPS because there was no one else better to hire at the time.

OK, I was wrong ... they don't want to hear your's either. :wink2:

PS - Where you working these days?

fethrs

You must be at the top. One of the 'management team' that would be included in the rate your manager part of the survey. Whats wrong can stand another year of being told you suck after you have been such a jerk all year long. What do you expect after you have treated the ones that makes the wheels go round all year long like they are worthless humans only employed by UPS because there was no one
else better to hire at the time.

Just curious, please don't bite my head off, but why the personal attack against the poster? This is about the ERI that's all. Do you even know the member or what job he/she holds at UPS? Why so bitter?

Dustyroads

A few months ago I was messing around on the internet, and (I hardly believe this myself) I came across the results of the most recent ERI survey results for the District where I work, broken down into individual centers. Then those results from each center were broken down into work groups, drivers, feeders, loaders, management, etc. What was really amazing was the huge difference in the replies by management and hourly workers. You know, those questions like, "management treats all the workers with respect", and the managers all answered "AGREE THE MOST" 100%. The survey might have had some value if management had any idea how to use the results. I noticed that the business development department that demands sales leads all the time evoked about as much trust as a used car dealer. I tried to find that again on the net...and it's seemed to vanish. Hmmm..

some1else

Banned
i know my supervisor always acted like the ERI mattered. he would give a long PCM about it and about how he does the best he can etc...

i dont think he would bother if it didnt save him heartache or money...

the only part i really gave them hell on was when they asked how my 800 is treating me lol

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The ERI was a joke in the first place. It was a secret ballot that no one took seriously, on either side. It needs to be replaced with a survey that shows what each individual thought. If my name was on the survey, I would be more apt to respond truthfully to all questions. I did this anyways, but management felt most were lying so they gave it little credence.

AND what the hell made this thing cost so much ??????

If it was about paying us to take it, THEN DONT MAKE THE QUESTIONS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND !!! I have a college education and I still had to reread questions 3 times to figure out what they were asking me.

Dustyroads

the cost was entirely from paying hourlys to sit at the computer screen and take the survey. Strongly agree, Somewhat agree, don't know, Somewhat disagree, Strongly disagree. Those were the answer options on every question. If you were a driver planning on going into management, then you would choose Strongly Agree to every question. If your on car had chewed your butt for being 39 hundreths over yesterday, and you are going out today with an eleven hour day, and you are driving an old truck from across on the lot because yours was mistakenly spotted in the wrong place, then you will answer, Strongly Disagree to every question. So in a lot of ways, your answers told management about how their stratagies were working. We never got to see any of the results, question by question. It would really take about ten minutes to do the survey...I managed to think about it a lot and drag it out to thirty minutes of overtime...sitting in the bosses nice leather chair. :)

brownrodster

They have no desire to spend a lot of money to quantify how low our morale is. Our morale is a not an issue that matters to anyone in management.

brett636

I haven't taken the ERI in 3 years. Every year they have it I never get asked to take it. Doesn't really matter to me anyhow because they ignore our concerns as well as the results anyway.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I haven't taken the ERI in 3 years. Every year they have it I never get asked to take it. Doesn't really matter to me anyhow because they ignore our concerns as well as the results anyway.

Actually, they have changed the questions so the results are not as bad.
We are a company of numbers so if the answers are negative ... remove or change the question.
Numbers have been improving since we started this approach.