Estar Day1!

Nolimitz

I'm glad I was off for the launch. Talked to a couple of CCR's on my way home from the cabin. Heard it was a total Cluster. Generated 20 routes that had no staffing or trucks. Reg pups on routes nowhere to be found in the Leo. the gal on my route had 2 of 10 regular pups as of 1100. My shuttle normally has 3 route splits today was 8 route assignments. Bet she got a lot of window time on my 275-mile trip with no work?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
FedEx must enjoy losing money with crap like E-star.

Conceived by someone trying to impress the Memphis brass but had no idea what he was doing. Oh well, just another nail in the FedEx coffin the way I see it.

shartpost

Lmao Estar routing is so bad it doesn't even factor in what size truck you would need on a given day. EStar will have some poor souls in a station running bulk stops out of a Sprinter and also getting 20 plus pickups assigned to them in a huge industrial district. The last 5 or 6 pickups can't fit? Oh well, Estar is to blame. Conversely, a handful of Reach trucks will go out on road with 2 buckets of docs and only 2 shelves full of freight. Their pickups will take up even less space on the way back. And that's only counting the pickups that even show up correctly on the LEO. Most on calls don't get sequenced so they get missed.

Right now some stations using Estar are trying to have it both ways. What I mean by this is that they are instructing their couriers to ignore the Estar generated sequence to make P1 service. This in itself defeats the whole purpose of Estar. It's an issue only Fedex can create.

MAKAVELI

Lmao Estar routing is so bad it doesn't even factor in what size truck you would need on a given day. EStar will have some poor souls in a station running bulk stops out of a Sprinter and also getting 20 plus pickups assigned to them in a huge industrial district. The last 5 or 6 pickups can't fit? Oh well, Estar is to blame. Conversely, a handful of Reach trucks will go out on road with 2 buckets of docs and only 2 shelves full of freight. Their pickups will take up even less space on the way back. And that's only counting the pickups that even show up correctly on the LEO. Most on calls don't get sequenced so they get missed.

Right now some stations using Estar are trying to have it both ways. What I mean by this is that they are instructing their couriers to ignore the Estar generated sequence to make P1 service. This in itself defeats the whole purpose of Estar. It's an issue only Fedex can create.
Theses are issues local management is aware of but most have no balls to go against upper management. This whole company is a sh. It. Show. 😂

fatboy33

Yes. Now they are telling CRRs to break route to secure P1 service and bulk service. So why ESTAR? I was told by a manager it's so a customer can be able to get a estimate of when their delivery will arrive as in amazon. But really, all this for that one feature I doubt seriously more that 15 percent of customers even care about. I'd go on to say, "OUR CUSTOMERS" are more worried about consistency and normalcy. Businesses knowing everyday when to expect the courier is huge. We just had a courier tell us ESTAR had him deliver to a business at nearly closing time and to person receiving the packages literally threw them all over his shoulder flying about 5 feet until they hit the ground. We're telling customers to expect a different courier everyday and, unless p1, expect at any time of the day as well.

whenIgetthere

Yes. Now they are telling CRRs to break route to secure P1 service and bulk service. So why ESTAR? I was told by a manager it's so a customer can be able to get a estimate of when their delivery will arrive as in amazon. But really, all this for that one feature I doubt seriously more that 15 percent of customers even care about. I'd go on to say, "OUR CUSTOMERS" are more worried about consistency and normalcy. Businesses knowing everyday when to expect the courier is huge. We just had a courier tell us ESTAR had him deliver to a business at nearly closing time and to person receiving the packages literally threw them all over his shoulder flying about 5 feet until they hit the ground. We're telling customers to expect a different courier everyday and, unless p1, expect at any time of the day as well.
I ran in to an old customer recently. She told me they miss knowing approx what time I would be there for their delivery every day. They have P1 every day, but she said many days a courier shows up with the P1 while making the pickup at 1700.

Star B

White Lightening
I was told by a manager it's so a customer can be able to get a estimate of when their delivery will arrive as in amazon.
Well, they are right about wanting to be amazon, AI cameras to babysit the new, dumb, low paid CRRs so they don't run into the school bus full of kids while staring at their LEOs because they don't know :censored2: about the area because e* throws them in a different area each day.

They have P1 every day, but she said many days a courier shows up with the P1 while making the pickup at 1700.

This is actually the norm with this pee stain of a program. A lot of stations can't get P1 stops correctly ordered at the start of a route so they tell everyone to break the generated sequence to make service. But then they're still stuck with crap routing after that initial P1 cycle they pulled out of their ass

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We just had a courier tell us ESTAR had him deliver to a business at nearly closing time and to person receiving the packages literally threw them all over his shoulder flying about 5 feet until they hit the ground. We're telling customers to expect a different courier everyday and, unless p1, expect at any time of the day as well.
The shipper is paying for the shipment in most cases. If the recipient doesn't like afternoon delivery of afternoon freight, they can take it up with the shipper. If the recipient is paying for afternoon delivery of afternoon freight, they don't really have room to complain as long as it's delivered by the commit time.

These aren't bus routes.

Fergus Mahoney

The shipper is paying for the shipment in most cases. If the recipient doesn't like afternoon delivery of afternoon freight, they can take it up with the shipper. If the recipient is paying for afternoon delivery of afternoon freight, they don't really have room to complain as long as it's delivered by the . commit time.

These aren't bus routes.
What :censored2:bag answer. You couldn't stroke out soon enough.

Is there a drop dead date for DRA and SRA? There has to be a date when this is going to be mandatory for everyone. Our station is only doing the Sat/Mon Estar right now but we did try it for a week and went back to Sat/Mon. The problem is communication to anyone that can fix or change anything about it. On Tuesday, we pretty much ignore what happened the day before and go back to DRA life as normal.......but this is going nationwide at some point and I'm curious when that will be.

MAKAVELI

Is there a drop dead date for DRA and SRA? There has to be a date when this is going to be mandatory for everyone. Our station is only doing the Sat/Mon Estar right now but we did try it for a week and went back to Sat/Mon. The problem is communication to anyone that can fix or change anything about it. On Tuesday, we pretty much ignore what happened the day before and go back to DRA life as normal.......but this is going nationwide at some point and I'm curious when that will be.
If it goes nationwide at some point, you'll see that stock drop like a stripper picking up a $C-Note.