Estar Day1!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I can see if it ever got to a 90% quit rate, Raj would be running around the streets of Memphis screaming “all is well, all is well !!!!!!!”

SmithBarney

We are a small station <100 we are getting 1-2 resignations a week for the past few months... we can't hire fast enough 20crrs down, and the 2 managers that transferred out have resigned or taken other positions.

Serf

We are a small station <100 we are getting 1-2 resignations a week for the past few months... we can't hire fast enough 20crrs down, and the 2 managers that transferred out have resigned or taken other positions.
Our region said it would pause the program until fixed. But the program doesn’t even understand which streets are 1 way. Efficiency means saving money, but first you have to bleed out and die on the battle field and come back reincarnated.

Guitarman01

I saved 30 miles last Saturday by running estar out of order. There's no way maintaining estar the way it is would make good business sense. They'd probably end up saving money dropping p1 res at this point, over running some of these crazy routes to make service. We heard a hybrid might be coming as well.

El Morado Diablo

I saved 30 miles last Saturday by running estar out of order. There's no way maintaining estar the way it is would make good business sense. They'd probably end up saving money dropping p1 res at this point, over running some of these crazy routes to make service. We heard a hybrid might be coming as well.

I don't think they need to drop P1 resi service but they could make adjustments to the time they are due.

Our station was downgraded from AA/PM to PM/RM this spring. We have 9:30am start times Tue-Fri. The PM routes have no problem getting all of their P1's (4:30pm for business & resi) delivered on time. The problem is that the routes in the RM areas have the same 4:30pm commit times for their P1's. It's fine for business but it doesn't work as well for resis. We've only been using Estar for a few weeks now on Saturdays so I have no idea how it will affect the routes Mon-Fri. Our manager feels like it won't be good because the geography in our area doesn't work well with Estar.

purplelife

I don't think they need to drop P1 resi service but they could make adjustments to the time they are due.

Our station was downgraded from AA/PM to PM/RM this spring. We have 9:30am start times Tue-Fri. The PM routes have no problem getting all of their P1's (4:30pm for business & resi) delivered on time. The problem is that the routes in the RM areas have the same 4:30pm commit times for their P1's. It's fine for business but it doesn't work as well for resis. We've only been using Estar for a few weeks now on Saturdays so I have no idea how it will affect the routes Mon-Fri. Our manager feels like it won't be good because the geography in our area doesn't work well with Estar.
Where are you where the service change was that big? Seems like a big down grade

McFeely

Huge Member
Yeah 430 p1s would be like having no p1s around here lol. 430 is our p2 commit time.

I’ve worked in a station where about 1/3rd of our routes were 16:30 P1 commits. Problem is that usually means you straight line all day and hope you don’t miss a stop, because that usually means it’s 20 minutes back.

El Morado Diablo

Where are you where the service change was that big? Seems like a big down grade

Inland Northwest - Eastern WA, Eastern OR and Northern ID.

The ramp for our market is in Spokane. Staffing has been a problem there for years. It was down to 25% at times during peak last year. Amazon built a fulfillment center at the airport offering $3+ hr more than FedEx and a $3000 bonus. Fedex did not boost wages or offer the $3 hr peak pay to attract & retain handlers. Nearly all of the stations served by Spokane are feeder locations of varying size. They would usually get a truck(s), a plane(s) or both each day. Due to the staffing issues they started cancelling feeder flights and holding the trucks.

This spring they made the decision to make the cancelled flights permanent. Our service levels were terrible so they figured changing the service levels in some of the stations made sense. They wanted to cancel our outbound flight too. The idea was we would do pups in the morning and send it back to the ramp on the truck. Our contract with USPS wouldn't allow that so we still have a feeder fly in empty during the day so it can take the outbound back in the afternoon.

Pros for FedEx: Better service levels, better revenue (P1's more than doubled), lower costs (no morning plane, most FT's only getting about 38 hrs week).

Cons for FedEx: Lost revenue in the former PM areas because we can't get their outbound out now that they're RM areas.

** Note: A couple weeks after these changes were made they increased wages in Spokane at the ramp and station. They bumped everyone up to Step 3 or 4. Typical FedEx, putting the cart before the horse.