Estar Day1!

HedleyLamarr

I have a question for those whose station have fully switched to EStar. Does EStar eliminate 4x10 routes? It is my understanding that it is supposed to cut up the routes so all routes have about the same amount of work each day, so theoretically, that would either eliminate the 4x10 routes or increase all routes to 10 hours, lol. As a 4x10 courier, I am curious as to how this has panned out. EStar is coming soon to my station and I would like to know if I may have to go back to 5 days a week.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I have a question for those whose station have fully switched to EStar. Does EStar eliminate 4x10 routes? It is my understanding that it is supposed to cut up the routes so all routes have about the same amount of work each day, so theoretically, that would either eliminate the 4x10 routes or increase all routes to 10 hours, lol. As a 4x10 courier, I am curious as to how this has panned out. EStar is coming soon to my station and I would like to know if I may have to go back to 5 days a week.
We “run” EStar Mondays and Saturday. We have extra helpers to deal with the chaos. The sort is longer with dozens of packages not even going on road ( because they aren’t routed and no one wants to take them ) . Basically it’ll be just like DRA. The stickers are on the packages but human beings sort them by not paying any attention to the stickers . Same with dispatch and the pickups. However you’ve ran things the last few years will be the same way you’ll be running things during EStar, by ignoring it with management approval.

Star B

White Lightening
That is up to your engineer and whatever plan they put in place.

They CAN create 4x10 routes, all they have to do is just define that the route leaves later from the building and comes back later.

Nolimitz

Day 3 of first six day week.

Massive # of zero's/un routed. let em go down the belt.... Ha total cluster at end of sort as they try to fix/recycle
My shuttle route that supports two to three domiciles is split into six routes as Estar thinks domiciles are leaving from the building.. My first drop is nearly 2 hours form the station.
lots of Dex1's station wide

Thank god today is my Friday and I have about 3 months before cutting the cord.

Guitarman01

Why cant they implement in the software automatic routing of 0s?
That needs to come next for estar to be more successful.
A person shouldnt just have to sit there and guess, you cant just look at stop proximity with estar you also have to look at the direction of the next couple stops.
They also need a plan for snow days or late starts,
estar routes would prob look entirely different if all the routes were going to be straight-lined on a given day.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Dano, and those of his mental illness, believe that this is the future, the only way to save FedEx for posterity. They have discarded as inferior the qualifications, knowledge, and experience of those who do it firsthand. They are fixated on enhancing their own position, and are too rigid to accomplish any task as a team. Their Fecal Driven Management is designed to congratulate themselves for sustaining their own job with meaningless achievements.

This fiasco belongs to them.

MAKAVELI

That needs to come next for estar to be more successful.
A person shouldnt just have to sit there and guess, you cant just look at stop proximity with estar you also have to look at the direction of the next couple stops.
They also need a plan for snow days or late starts,
estar routes would prob look entirely different if all the routes were going to be straight-lined on a given day.
It's a half ass piece of software ( being generous) for a half ass company.

floridays

Day 3 of first six day week.

Massive # of zero's/un routed. let em go down the belt.... Ha total cluster at end of sort as they try to fix/recycle
My shuttle route that supports two to three domiciles is split into six routes as Estar thinks domiciles are leaving from the building.. My first drop is nearly 2 hours form the station.
lots of Dex1's station wide

Thank god today is my Friday and I have about 3 months before cutting the cord.
If you haven't used your personals and floaters, sick days and five weeks vacation you are only a little over a month away.
Best wishes.

floridays

Dano, and those of his mental illness, believe that this is the future, the only way to save FedEx for posterity. They have discarded as inferior the qualifications, knowledge, and experience of those who do it firsthand. They are fixated on enhancing their own position, and are too rigid to accomplish any task as a team. Their Fecal Driven Management is designed to congratulate themselves for sustaining their own job with meaningless achievements.

This fiasco belongs to them.
Well said.

SmithBarney

Is there a drop dead date for DRA and SRA? There has to be a date when this is going to be mandatory for everyone. Our station is only doing the Sat/Mon Estar right now but we did try it for a week and went back to Sat/Mon. The problem is communication to anyone that can fix or change anything about it. On Tuesday, we pretty much ignore what happened the day before and go back to DRA life as normal.......but this is going nationwide at some point and I'm curious when that will be.
I really think it depends.. a previous station of mine(busy but small <30 rtes) never started DRA or Reponse. There currently is no plan for Estar activation.

Star B

White Lightening
Are we talking about unmanifested 0's that automatically route after being scanned once (Internationals, SOME domestic P1) or are we talking about actual, true, :censored2:ed up, 0s?

The automatically routed unmanifested ones are a pain in the ass, sure... and I don't know why they can't figure out why they aren't manifested (probably just a "been too long in the system because international", so, computer goes derrrrp) they at least route.

The pure 0's are a conglomeration of errors:
Someone doesn't close out their powership/software/send the batch for the day. I don't know why in todays age, when we can generate an automation label and then have the shipments "batch" every hour. Other pure 0's are misspelled addressing, shippers that don't know they have 2 lines of names and the third line is for addresses, not for...
Jack Whacker
That Guy That Fixes :censored2:
At This Store
400 Mall Drive
Bum:censored2:, MI 42042

or that one medical shipper that likes to do...
N4000 Middle of Nowhere Drive
Bob Dole
Bob Dole, BD 90210
... or the chinese that like to do this.
BIG ASS MANUFACTURER INCORPORATED
400 SOMEWHERE DRIVE NEW YORK NEW
YORK 10101
NEW YORK, NY 10101
There is also the CRRs that wont turn in the orange MAWBs to get scanned into Genesis/CSAs that forget to scan them in, so they dont get keyed in overnight by MEMH. Add in another layer of mis-typing/guessing of addresses by the FedEx Genesis crew... more 0's. There are always the transpositions (92010 instead of 90210), new addresses that the system doesn't know (which has gone down considerably since e* launched), and the people that reuse labels -- yes, those get 0'd.

They also need a plan for snow days or late starts
There was a feature planned that they could re-run e* with a new leave building time for those days. I don't know what the progress was on those. You can have multiple E* plans with multiple leave building times, such as one for a 8am dispatch, 9am dispatch, 10am dispatch, etc.

One thing I really, REALLY hope our engineer does is during the winter is adjust the average MPH percentage calculation from the estar standard. I doubt it though.

I really think it depends.. a previous station of mine(busy but small <30 rtes) never started DRA or Reponse. There currently is no plan for Estar activation.

They will get E*, but it will be with static routes defined, like their SRA areas are right now, so they won't notice a difference other than address quality gets better -- if it's better.

Last edited:

whenIgetthere

My old station, about 60 routes, never used DRA. Former co-worker delivered to my house a couple of weeks ago and told me his route was scheduled to do my city, then drive 40 miles back to the city where the station is, and do pick ups there. The old routes that actually did the pick ups (like my old route) were scheduled to RTB between 1300 and 1500. He said it was a CF, but he is loving the OT he's getting.

fatboy33

Not sure about 4x10 but we were told early cuts will be completely eliminated. But it seems management is playing it by ear. We won't know for sure until the dust settles.