estimation of COBRA cost please

rellek

In the New Jersey area, what would be an estimation of what I could expect to pay for COBRA for family coverage? Just a ballpark figure.

Thanks guys

Last edited:

JonFrum

Not sure, but I thought the purpose of COBRA was to allow you to continue your current insurance at the same favorable group rates, for a year or two after you leave UPS. So you would pay the same rate as UPS pays, (as stated in your Contract Supplement,) plus 2% or so to cover the added paperwork.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Not sure, but I thought the purpose of COBRA was to allow you to continue your current insurance at the same favorable group rates, for a year or two after you leave UPS. So you would pay the same rate as UPS pays, (as stated in your Contract Supplement,) plus 2% or so to cover the added paperwork.

It entirely depends on the circumstances and what the conditions of unenmployment are, among other things.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I received coupons from the benefit fund for $240.00 per month. Single coverage, NNY area. You have to apply. It takes a few months for an approval, which you usually have to fight for. So, save your pennies, because when the approval does come, your union benefit fund wants their cash PRONTO!