Ethics

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Susie

One more thing, besides declaring someone guilty before their trial, I dont have a thing against your posts except this. You seem to take great pleasure at someone elses misfortune or downfall. Even with Clinton, which I never liked, when he had his problems, I never found personal pleasure in his problems.

A phrase comes to mind, "Oh how the mighty have fallen". IT brings me no joy to see someone that had great plans and a good agenda to be brought down by others around him that do not share the same goals. And even if it is the fault of the person themselves, it is a shame, not something to gloat about.

Washington corrupts. Period. Just too much money going though hands that are always outstretched for more. Many good people have gone there to try and change things, only to come away soiled and in some cases broken.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
OK

"It means you guys feel real strongly about this popularity thing"

There are two posters that have EARNED the red block. One posting as a "young girl" in love with one UPS man, and suposedly having another one making moves, and one poster that has used a lot of different tactics to intimidate posters that do not agree with her posts.

One post that most of you did not see was one that I called to Cheryl's attention right after it was posted, and I saved it to my computer. While she has done a lot of things I did not agree with, this one posted a lot of personal information on one poster. i thought it was a particularly low post, even for this poster.

So while some things on this board are subject to personal interpretation, the red block represents someone that bears watching, as they have had posts that have been removed because of content. I usually comes before being banned from a site because of the type of posts.

So while your post shows the simplistic attitude that it is a bunch of posters against one, there are reasons behind the scenes that motivate some of the reactions you are seeing, some of which you are probably not aware of.

d

susiedriver

dboy said:
Susie

Unlike you, many of us are willing to let the legal system decide if someone is guilty and not the news media. I know that is a real stretch for people that have an agenda that is anti whomever. And it really doesnt matter. You are able because you live in this country to have what ever opinions you wish.

As to the guilt, time will tell.

OK, As to your question, I believe it was you, on how many <st1:city w:st="on"><st1 ="">Clinton</st1></st1:city> was responsible for killing? that you didnt think there were any? do you really want to go there?
<o =""></o>
Dan,
<o =""></o>
I feel that you are being somewhat disingenuous, as you have had no problem in acting as judge, jury and executioner in the past. Why do I have to be anti anything? I consider myself to be pro-American, and the fact that our country has been hijacked by a group of people bent on taking away the very freedoms we used to enjoy is what prompted me to express my views here in the first place. You dont have to agree with me, but I would hope that you would at least open yourself up to sources of news other than what you see on the networks. Its a sad thing that is happening to my country and you, coming from a German background, should be particularly aware of what can happen when power corrupts.
<o =""></o>
If you would like to talk about <st1:city w:st="on"><st1 ="">Clinton</st1></st1:city> liesI will be the first to admit that the man was a moral nightmare, but he lied about fellatio from a young intern! Dont all men lie about sex? ;-) Bush and his administration lied us into a war, so go ahead and compare body counts. There have been tens of thousands of innocents who have lost their lives, and for what?
<o =""></o>
dboy said:
Susie

One more thing, besides declaring someone guilty before their trial, I dont have a thing against your posts except this. You seem to take great pleasure at someone elses misfortune or downfall. Even with <st1:city w:st="on"><st1 ="">Clinton</st1></st1:city> which I never liked, when he had his problems, I never found personal pleasure in his problems.

A phrase comes to mind, "Oh how the mighty have fallen". IT brings me no joy to see someone that had great plans and a good agenda to be brought down by others around him that do not share the same goals. And even if it is the fault of the person themselves, it is a shame, not something to gloat about.

<st1:state w:st="on"><st1 ="">Washington</st1></st1:state> corrupts. Period. Just too much money going though hands that are always outstretched for more. Many good people have gone there to try and change things, only to come away soiled and in some cases broken.

d
<o =""></o>
You are mistaken, I am saddened by the state of affairs in our country. I would have hoped that Bush would have kept his word, restored dignity to government, and led this country to the greatness she deserves. Sadly, this is not the case. Any schadenfreude that may exist, is only because there is a certain satisfaction in seeing the guilty punished, so far that hasnt happened.
<o =""></o>
I find particular irony in your last paragraph, since you seem to think its worth it for you to give them more money.
<o =""></o>
dboy said:
OK

"It means you guys feel real strongly about this popularity thing"

There are two posters that have EARNED the red block. One posting as a "young girl" in love with one UPS man, and suposedly having another one making moves, and one poster that has used a lot of different tactics to intimidate posters that do not agree with her posts.

One post that most of you did not see was one that I called to Cheryl's attention right after it was posted, and I saved it to my computer. While she has done a lot of things I did not agree with, this one posted a lot of personal information on one poster. i thought it was a particularly low post, even for this poster.

So while some things on this board are subject to personal interpretation, the red block represents someone that bears watching, as they have had posts that have been removed because of content. I usually comes before being banned from a site because of the type of posts.

So while your post shows the simplistic attitude that it is a bunch of posters against one, there are reasons behind the scenes that motivate some of the reactions you are seeing, some of which you are probably not aware of.

d
<o =""></o>
Though not directed at me, I feel compelled to address this anyway.
<o =""></o>
<!--[if !supportLists]-->1)<!--[endif]-->You have, on more than one occasion, urged the young girl on by replying to her posts. If no one replied, shed go away. I thought everyone knew that, but it seems it has to be spelled out.
<o =""></o>
<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->2)I would assume that you are referring to what got me into hot water here to begin with, pointing out a neo-Nazi admirer, who put his own personal information out on the web and used his real name to register on this site. Glad you find some things worth fighting for.
<o ="">
</o>

susiedriver

tieguy said:
"

Oh I see so you're really trying to save all us poor mutton heads from your brand of hypocrisy. Well shucks girl I didn't realize you were really providing us with such a valuable service. Now let me give you a clue sister. If 98 percent of the posters on this board have a problem with what you are posting then there is a chance, I know its a small one but still there is a chance that you and what you are posting are in fact the hypocrisy. In which case you probably could save us all this hypocrisy by not posting it.
Tie, put me on ignore, please.

I don't care for the condescending tone, and have never found you, in any of your various personas on any of the UPS boards (tieguy, beegdadday, UPSSup), to have anything of value to offer.

plonk...the sound of tie on ignore.

TTFN

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wow, Tieguy !! I am just flabberghasted !! It's like the queen in Alice in Wonderland......"Off with his head!"

Welcome to my land of exile........Ignoreville, USA......a great place to be.

susiedriver

mr_roboto said:
I vote for Suzie. TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!!

Hang in there Suzie!!!!!!!

roboto
Thanks.

Roboto, did you ever see the BMW film with JBrown? I'll check and see if it's still on the web...It was priceless!

ok2bclever

I Re Member
98 %? And here I didn't think you believed in polls tie and now you must be taking them. :p

I think you are mistaking the fact that the verbal bush is god group on the board have a hate campaign going on regarding susie.

You want to talk about intimidation attempts!

susie offered a very dissenting view in the beginning from the usual "bush can do no wrong" attitude from the verbal minority and that of course got strong objections from the expected sources.

It quickly became personal attacks of low quality and she responded in kind.

Her mistake.

Most, regardless of political philosophies, do not want or appreciate the
"I know you are, but what am I" banter as I am sure you and I know and susie hasn't gained many admirers for being a significant part of that.

Regardless of the quantity of links she supplies no one has to read them and I appreciate the option of following and reading links that she and wkmac and my2cents and the like post.

I will say no one likes to be talked down to, not even stupid people :cool: and there has been a lot of that tone in susies posts, at least in my opinion.

She does herself no favor doing so, not that any of us are likely to sway anyone else here from what they think. :D

PS - BTW, I took your "benevolent dictator" in the tongue in cheek, self demeaning way it was meant and appreciated the sense of humor. Scared myself.

susiedriver

ok2bclever said:
98 %? And here I didn't think you believed in polls tie and now you must be taking them. :p

I think you are mistaking the fact that the verbal bush is god group on the board have a hate campaign going on regarding susie.

You want to talk about intimidation attempts!

susie offered a very dissenting view in the beginning from the usual "bush can do no wrong" attitude from the verbal minority and that of course got strong objections from the expected sources.

It quickly became personal attacks of low quality and she responded in kind.

Her mistake.

Most, regardless of political philosophies, do not want or appreciate the
"I know you are, but what am I" banter as I am sure you and I know and susie hasn't gained many admirers for being a significant part of that.

Regardless of the quantity of links she supplies no one has to read them and I appreciate the option of following and reading links that she and wkmac and my2cents and the like post.

I will say no one likes to be talked down to, not even stupid people :cool: and there has been a lot of that tone in susies posts, at least in my opinion.

She does herself no favor doing so, not that any of us are likely to sway anyone else here from what they think. :D

PS - BTW, I took your "benevolent dictator" in the tongue in cheek, self demeaning way it was meant and appreciated the sense of humor. Scared myself.
You are right, as usual oK2b. I guess it's my ghetto upbringing to hit hard when someone offends me.:D

I think I'll bow out for awhile. In the meantime, try to watch this film. I'm sorry the link is in Italian, but the English video link is on the page. What has happened to my country?

http://www.rainews24.rai.it/ran24/inchiesta/default_02112005.asp

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
“I would assume that you are referring to what got me into hot water here to begin with, pointing out a neo-Nazi admirer, who put his own personal information out on the web and used his real name to register on this site. Glad you find some things worth fighting for.”

You mean posting all this information on the person that would dare disagree with you? This was posted by you October 6, at 5:07AM. Verbatim except all the information was deleted by me.

(Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From:

OrgName: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
OrgID:
Address:
City:
StateProv:
PostalCode:

NetRange:
CIDR:
NetName: UPS
NetHandle: NET
Parent: NET
NetType: Direct Assignment
NameServer: NSA.UPS.COM
NameServer: NSB.UPS.COM
Comment:
RegDate:
Updated:
TechHandle:
TechName: United Parcel Service
TechPhone:
TechEmail:

“Now why don't you get back to work and do what you can to increase the profitability of UPS, instead of surfing at work, even if you are allowed to in your upper management position.”

Now why would you post all this stuff? Are you that hard up to spread your “truth” that you resort to any and all tactics to destroy or intimidate those that would dare argue?

You have brought up many valid points, but unfortunately your means of getting the message out turns too many people against what you are trying to say, linking you to your message.

As for my contribution to the small business alliance, I guess you have a problem with that. Deal with it. I will do so again if I think it will do any good.

d

U

Unregistered

Nope,

That would be someone who was posting on company time, on a company computer. When they posted they were informed that their IP address would be seen by everyone. As someone who pays that person's salary, I would expect them to work while they are being paid to work, and if they were on break(unlikely), then not to steal company bandwidth. They were posting regarding an editorial opinion, not an employee or contractual matter.

I thought you were mad about rodog! My bad. Please accept my apology. But the above still stands. If you put your personal information out there, you can't blame someone for actually reading it. On top of that, we all work(ed) too hard to have some mgt person spend their day not working, just surfing.

I guess I must add :JMHO

ok2bclever

I Re Member
I assume Cheryl didn't allow.

Might I point out that danny left a valid email address at the bottom of his posting.

Not sure if that is a generic tech email address or a specific to the original poster.

Obviously if it is a specific person at UPS's email address it would be very easy to determine the individual's name, etc.

Perhaps that also should be removed?

over9five

Staff member
"It quickly became personal attacks of low quality and she responded in kind."

OK2B, I would refer you to the thread "Yeah, but...Which is the hate group?". Go to my post #16, read it and then read back. Who started the personal attacks???

Dude, you say you're a shop steward. You must know that there are people you go into the office with and strongly support, and there are people who you can't strongly support because they BRING THINGS ONTO THEMSELVES, and to support them would make you go against your own morals.

This is a case where to support someone may make you appear less than what you are. Sometimes the majority are right...

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
"anyone can do it. go here and put in an ip address"

Susie. I know any one can do it. But why do it. That is the problem with your reasoning. Just because you can, should you. In your case I guess the answer is why not.

Just wondering what you had hoped to gain from the attack.

Oh and OK, that is not a vaild email but just some letters typed in at random. I dont post personal information on anyone, unless I ask first. Its only good manors.

d

susiedriver

over9five said:
"It quickly became personal attacks of low quality and she responded in kind."

OK2B, I would refer you to the thread "Yeah, but...Which is the hate group?". Go to my post #16, read it and then read back. Who started the personal attacks???

Dude, you say you're a shop steward. You must know that there are people you go into the office with and strongly support, and there are people who you can't strongly support because they BRING THINGS ONTO THEMSELVES, and to support them would make you go against your own morals.

This is a case where to support someone may make you appear less than what you are. Sometimes the majority are right...

In fact, read the entire thread. Read the intent of the thread. Over9.5, why are you so enamored with Nazis and hateful towards Blacks?

over9five

Staff member
In fact, read the entire thread. Read the intent of the thread. Where does Over9five say he is enamored with Nazis or hateful toward Blacks?

Answer the question. Who started the personal attacks?

susiedriver

dannyboy said:
"anyone can do it. go here and put in an ip address"

Susie. I know any one can do it. But why do it. That is the problem with your reasoning. Just because you can, should you. In your case I guess the answer is why not.

Just wondering what you had hoped to gain from the attack.

Oh and OK, that is not a vaild email but just some letters typed in at random. I dont post personal information on anyone, unless I ask first. Its only good manors.

d
I thought I laid out quite clearly why. I was the unregistered poster a few posts back. The poster had their IP address posted with their approval. What's the problem? Personally I like to know where someone is posting from. If it is a UPS IP then it tells me that the person is management, even if they didn't identify themselves as such, and that may have a bearing on the answer. On top of that, I'm paying them to work, not surf.

Decide not address any of my other points?;)