Failed a non dot drug test

mark ryenh

To the people at the end who offered me the best responses they can I thank you as thats all I'm looking for is info from more experienced people than me, not to be called a stoner. To answer your question White there are 2 drug tests a DOT mandated drug and alcohol screen and then theres the random/pre employment drug tests. 1 goes into the companies records one goes to both the company and to your license. I know if I failed a DOT drug test I had no chance but my thinking was that if some district manager was having a good day he could be like :censored2: it lets let this guy re test just like they did at DHL. it seems this isnt the case you guys seem to think Fedex has stricter policies which I think are true. I have nothing to lose so i'm going to try and apply for a random home delivery route and if they decline me they decline me.

I apologize for getting upset at some of you but good grief some of your educationless "NO stoner" responses is obviously not what i'm looking for.

mark ryenh

I may be wrong but as far as I knew every random drug/alcohol screen is DOT, I don't understand the whole non DOT thing, is this something your contractor did on his own, the reason I ask is because every random that me and my drivers are given are ordered by FedEx and not by myself and are always subject to DOT regs, as far as I knew if you had a driving job regardless if its driving a semi, straight truck or package car and it runs under a DOT number then every drug/alcohol test wether it's pre employment, random or suspicion it's going to be a DOT one, like I said that's the way I understand it but I may be wrong.

I also was not an employee of Fedex I was subcontracted so idk if that makes any difference but see my above post for more info on what I think is the difference

STFXG

FedEx is required under DOT to give x-amount of random drug tests per year. It's in your file. If you wait a year they flush out the old driver records and you might be able to slide in unnoticed. As for now you are a marked man. You have a file and your driver # is tied to your ss#.

You are disqualified from driving based on our contracts. You can try talking with the SM and your contractor about a DOT approved substance abuse program, but that's unlikely to help.

Good luck stoner ;)

Sent using BrownCafe App

mark ryenh

FedEx is required under DOT to give x-amount of random drug tests per year. It's in your file. If you wait a year they flush out the old driver records and you might be able to slide in unnoticed. As for now you are a marked man. You have a file and your driver # is tied to your ss#.

You are disqualified from driving based on our contracts. You can try talking with the SM and your contractor about a DOT approved substance abuse program, but that's unlikely to help.

Good luck stoner ;)

Sent using BrownCafe App

This is a helpful reply. Thank you. How sure are you that they purge records after a year? Do you know what kind of record purging they do? I was told by my boss that 3 weeks after I quit they "took me out of the system"

Do you think there is any negative consequence to applying for another home delivery route and being declined?

White Line

I also was not an employee of Fedex I was subcontracted so idk if that makes any difference but see my above post for more info on what I think is the difference
Yes I understand that, now you should not have been subcontracted, the practice of contractors considering their workers subs and paying them on 1099 to my knowledge was put to a stop 5 to 6 years ago, all contractors had to incorporate to either C or S corporations and thus put their workers on payroll and a W4, however being that said contractors businesses run under FedEx Grounds DOT authority number, both the contractor and the contractors employees are subject to FedEx Grounds drug testing policies.

STFXG

This is a helpful reply. Thank you. How sure are you that they purge records after a year? Do you know what kind of record purging they do? I was told by my boss that 3 weeks after I quit they "took me out of the system"

Do you think there is any negative consequence to applying for another home delivery route and being declined?
I'm not sure if they take the file out completely or how long they hold on to them. You might just be taken out as an approved driver after a few weeks and your info kept on file. We get a call once a year to update info on any drivers we might want to keep in the system. So it might be just for driving purposes and they keep more info. I'm not positive on that. It won't hurt to apply. The only thing that could happen is they reject your application.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Why on earth after failing a drug test for FedEx would you go and take another for DHL?
Probably because they have the cleanest vehicles in the business.

DHL sucks.jpg

SmithBarney

haha out of the system, last time I checked the employee folders at our STA there were about 15 people in there I'd never EVER heard of. And my folder was empty... I'm not really sure what kind of record keeping they keep, but sometimes it kinda sucks. We keep thousands of time cards for 3 years.... LOL

hypo hanna

haha out of the system, last time I checked the employee folders at our STA there were about 15 people in there I'd never EVER heard of. And my folder was empty... I'm not really sure what kind of record keeping they keep, but sometimes it kinda sucks. We keep thousands of time cards for 3 years.... LOL
My employee file has my very first OLCC (or whatever they called it) from when I started in the early 80's.