59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No longer are you a person with human limits. You will become a hostage who will be required to solve all problems of overwhelmed sort facilities, division in-fighting and miscommunication, lack of equipment, improper vehicles for the terrain you service, management abuse and favoritism. These will all land in your lap. And you will be held accountable for solving all these problems for the customer. And if you don't? It will be your fault for not doing so.

If so, that will be the first time in eons that couriers are held responsible for anything.

whenIgetthere

I had an interesting discussion with a newer manager at my station yesterday. (Hopefully he doesn't see this and I get fired. Lol). Our freight came in late...once again. He said, FO would go out with everything else. I told him that once again we are failing our customers and it's sad. He responds with (I :censored2: you not) Of course we are going to practice Customer Service Integrity by making sure businesses are delivered first as well as bulks. Wut??? How is it practicing Integrity by delivering resis late? I remember when it was imperative that EVERYTHING was delivered on time. He said, Do you think Jane Doe knows whether her Amazon box is delivered on time while she's at work? My response, Integrity is doing the right thing whether anyone is there to see it or not. Don't even talk to me about CSI when we're not practicing it. He actually sounded like he was reading from a script. Lol.

I remember a day at my old station, was covering a route where the number of do-able P1's was 25 if I recall. This one day I had 8 over that and wanted to drop. Manager asked how many were resi's, I replied 8, and he said deliver the businesses on time and take the lates on the resi's.

whenIgetthere

One time my station literally lost a package.

A courier took the letter out of his bucket and sent it down the belt to B courier. Somewhere I between the package went missing, only scan on the package was a sip no van and no POD, how do you think the customer felt about that?

We had a swing find a package behind the spare tire in a W900 11 months after it arrived in the station.

whenIgetthere

I understand all that, but they shouldn't be preaching to us about Customer Service Integrity on the front line when some stations are having late freight EVERY DAY. That starts at the top. These stupid motivational slogans they come up with are just so it appears they care. Obviously, FedEx is having serious manpower issues and they can't get the planes out on time. No way anyone can convince me that daily late freight is mechanical or weather related. Only occasionally.

BTW, I've been very fortunate with managers through the years. Only one or two jerks. My manager now is the best yet!

We haven't left the building till after 10 am every Tuesday thru Friday since after Christmas.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
We had a swing find a package behind the spare tire in a W900 11 months after it arrived in the station.
I woulda loved to have been the lucky individual who ended up getting to deliver that one. At that point it probably should've just stayed MIA.

'The World on Time'

It will be fine

Worst I've found is 2 months. It was a small in the back of a spare truck that had been parked for months. I gave it to a manager and asked if they had a 2 month late report since we get hassled on 2 day lates.

dezguy

I found a three month old letter under the belt once. I was just walking by, on the way to my truck when I caught it out the corner of my eye. Fished it out with a broom and threw it on the belt. Never heard what happened with it.
I remember a day at my old station, was covering a route where the number of do-able P1's was 25 if I recall. This one day I had 8 over that and wanted to drop. Manager asked how many were resi's, I replied 8, and he said deliver the businesses on time and take the lates on the resi's.
Her whole point, though was that resi's pay for the same service so why are they getting boned? If resi's don't matter, why are we even offering guaranteed service to houses?

whenIgetthere

[QUOTE="dezguy, post: 2587125, member: 49811"

Her whole point, though was that resi's pay for the same service so why are they getting boned? If resi's don't matter, why are we even offering guaranteed service to houses?[/QUOTE]

As was I in a roundabout way.

BootsOnTarmac

Best to just toss it in the trash. Easier on everyone that way.

This is just sad. Why would you just trash someone's package because time passed? Lost packages happen, or even lost mail. Why would you not attempt delivery when found? How often have we heard in the news about lost mail from war time soldiers found and finally delivered. "Easier on everyone that way", with this comment you really need to leave the service industry and be a jerk else ware.

Oldfart

I found a three month old letter under the belt once. I was just walking by, on the way to my truck when I caught it out the corner of my eye. Fished it out with a broom and threw it on the belt. Never heard what happened with it.

Her whole point, though was that resi's pay for the same service so why are they getting boned? If resi's don't matter, why are we even offering guaranteed service to houses?
If you leave the building at 0945 with 2 hrs worth of P1 deliveries and you know you will have 15 late deliveries, I always do business deliveries and concentrate on resi afterwards. ALL packages are important to me but you can't create time on the clock. Most of my resi deliveries are del to people who are not home. I can count on 1 hand the times a resi complained to me about getting a late delivery and he was an employee who was just being a jerk. I hate having late deliveries but when they happen, I try to make them have the least impact on the recipient as possible.

Schweddy

Balls
This is just sad. Why would you just trash someone's package because time passed? Lost packages happen, or even lost mail. Why would you not attempt delivery when found? How often have we heard in the news about lost mail from war time soldiers found and finally delivered. "Easier on everyone that way", with this comment you really need to leave the service industry and be a jerk else ware.

I doubt "it" would actually throw one away (or would it?) but is more troll on the forum. It thinks it's funny to tell lies to get a rise out of others or to see if they'll follow said awful opinions...it's a lose lose scenario of purposefully miscommunicating guidelines and practices.

Lame manager award goes to...

BootsOnTarmac

I don't doubt that "it" aka Dano, based upon his comments, has actually done what he has suggested throughout his career at FedEx. Troll or not, suggesting tossing packages into the trash is a criminal offense. We, the Front Line employees need to be reminded that our JOB is to deliver the package. We just require Management to provide us with the tools, equipment, manpower, safety and compensation to achieve the goal.

dezguy

If you leave the building at 0945 with 2 hrs worth of P1 deliveries and you know you will have 15 late deliveries, I always do business deliveries and concentrate on resi afterwards. ALL packages are important to me but you can't create time on the clock. Most of my resi deliveries are del to people who are not home. I can count on 1 hand the times a resi complained to me about getting a late delivery and he was an employee who was just being a jerk. I hate having late deliveries but when they happen, I try to make them have the least impact on the recipient as possible.
I do them in order. If that means 15 lates are going to be businesses, so be it. A pl costs the same to ship from location a to location b regardless on whether it's a private residence or a business. As a matter of fact, at least here, customers are charged $2 extra for a residential delivery.

vantexan

You guys don't get extra time where you're at?

Oldfart

I do them in order. If that means 15 lates are going to be businesses, so be it. A pl costs the same to ship from location a to location b regardless on whether it's a private residence or a business. As a matter of fact, at least here, customers are charged $2 extra for a residential delivery.

So a machine part needed to get a factory running is no more important than delivering a Dell laptop to a resi that isn't home or a new Directv remote to a resi? I guess using common sense is not a strong point of yours. Kinda figures.

Last edited: