Falsification multiple choice response.

10 point

Consignees cannot call UPS for a refund. The shipper is the customer.
A receptionist is not looking at clock and service level ... maybe an hour late but not two or three minutes.
You are wrong on the amount of people who watch the clock on airs. Totally wrong. I deliver every day. Do you?
The consignee will dispute a timely delivery to the shipper and the cycle starts from there.
It only takes one.

10 point

If you are on property and scan the package, you are on time. You do not have to be in that 2 sq. ft. area where your "delivery point" is.

i.e. If I pull into a place and the competition is on the dock, I'm not going to sit and wait till they leave. I'll park the truck, scan the package, walk it in and get signature, 40 yards from my vehicle and where I scanned the package.
The "dock" is one of the approved delivery points in the training. When I get time I'll look up the rest of "approved" locations and post them.

Cementups

Box Monkey
The "dock" is one of the approved delivery points in the training. When I get time I'll look up the rest of "approved" locations and post them.

So the guy can't come out and get the stuff from my truck because that wouldn't be the "approved" delivery point? Or perhaps run into me 5 miles down the road and ask if I happen to have his NDA?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
At what point do you folks realize that those training modules in the diad mean absolutely nothing at the front lines?

Since when has the center complied with any of them? How about the damage training module? It gives an instruction that cannot be performed even if you tried.

There are so many of these stupid training modules its laughable. The disconnect between corporate and the center levels is laughable at best.

Yes, the company has a way it wants it done, yet, IE takes away the ability to perfom the job the way its suppose to be done.

Like one poster said, starting us at 915am with a 1030 commit and a 20 minute drivetime doesnt lend itself to ontime air deliveries.

At the center level, we have MANAGERS who are scanning entire trucks with air, and having them sit on the dock waiting for the driver to come in and drive to the location to deliver, but for the high number of air stops involved, scanning them at the hub prevents them from showing up late in the diad.

This crap happens everyday at UPS.

Everything sounds great in a training module, but thats a different UPS than where we all work.

Is it falsifying records? Sure, it can be, but alot of things the management does is falsifying records but who gives a crap at UPS?

TOS.

10 point

So the guy can't come out and get the stuff from my truck because that wouldn't be the "approved" delivery point? Or perhaps run into me 5 miles down the road and ask if I happen to have his NDA?
I believe the issue is that if the action breaks training and is cause for a customer complaint that may show dishonesty on the part of the driver, that is the issue.
If the customer willingly meets us off the regular delivery point it's not our deal and I font think the customer is going to try to claim a late delivery.

If the driver is found sheeting the pkgs away from the delivery point and the consignee calls the shipper to get their money back for an untimely delivery the rules we signed off on in the last diad training are then the guideline for what was dishonesty and what wasn't.
The issue is falsification.

10 point

At what point do you folks realize that those training modules in the diad mean absolutely nothing at the front lines?

Since when has the center complied with any of them? How about the damage training module? It gives an instruction that cannot be performed even if you tried.

There are so many of these stupid training modules its laughable. The disconnect between corporate and the center levels is laughable at best.

Yes, the company has a way it wants it done, yet, IE takes away the ability to perfom the job the way its suppose to be done.

Like one poster said, starting us at 915am with a 1030 commit and a 20 minute drivetime doesnt lend itself to ontime air deliveries.

At the center level, we have MANAGERS who are scanning entire trucks with air, and having them sit on the dock waiting for the driver to come in and drive to the location to deliver, but for the high number of air stops involved, scanning them at the hub prevents them from showing up late in the diad.

Everything sounds great in a training module, but thats a different UPS than where we all work.

Is it falsifying records? Sure, it can be, but alot of things the management does is falsifying records but who gives a crap at UPS?

TOS.
Then give the next day air stops back to the sups and tell them you can't make the service commitment. Put it back on them....and have a witness if they force the work back on to you.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

TOS.
Just because management chooses to falsify documents doesn't mean I have to. I'll let them roll the dice with their job, me, I'll keep it on the up and up, just like I do in my personal life.

10 point

Your center manager was basing his statement on the fact that Telematics is not accurate to the point of a specific delivery point within that commercial complex. If I pulled in to the parking lot at 1029 I would quickly scan the package and go directly to the delivery point.

The basis of the new guideline was to stop drivers from scanning the NDA away from the delivery point. As many of you know, I was directed to sheet an EAM in the building and then drive 3 miles to deliver it. I scanned it at 0857 and delivered it at 0903. This is the type of falsification that the training was meant to address and eliminate.

Back to your question----I would have no problem scanning the NDA in the parking lot and proceeding directly to the delivery location. Telematics would show me at the delivery point and the NDA would show as being delivered on time.
Telematics would show what time you shut off the vehicle, that you scanned the pkg(s) within seconds, the time lapse between the scan(s), and the time you stop completed the delivery.
It won't tell where you are unless you have to park 200 ft from the building addressed on the package. But the other details will come into play if the delivery is disputed.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I believe the issue is that if the action breaks training and is cause for a customer complaint that may show dishonesty on the part of the driver, that is the issue.
If the customer willingly meets us off the regular delivery point it's not our deal and I font think the customer is going to try to claim a late delivery.

If the driver is found sheeting the pkgs away from the delivery point and the consignee calls the shipper to get their money back for an untimely delivery the rules we signed off on in the last diad training are then the guideline for what was dishonesty and what wasn't.
The issue is falsification.

Anytime a consignee meets me on area, I always require a sig. Needed or not that's my CYA and make note "met on area" in remarks.

Future

Victory Ride
The time stamp is created when you scan the package.

You would be a fool if you falsified records based solely on a DIAD message. If you did choose to do this, I would strongly suggest you take a cellphone pic of that message as you may need it at your panel hearing.
Kinda like falsifying call tag pickups?

Consignees cannot call UPS for a refund. The shipper is the customer.
A receptionist is not looking at clock and service level ... maybe an hour late but not two or three minutes.

Unless of course the package is shipped against the consignee's account.
Whoever's account is being charged is who the "customer" is.
I've disputed charges on lots of packages shipped to us against our account.