Father baby leave

norcalbrown

You have up to a year from the birth to take the time, 12 weeks total, 6 paid, here in California. It was awesome for me. Daughter born in May, took 4 weeks, then missed my only peak 5 years ago to go to my wife's home in US Virgin Islands for Christmas. Sweet!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Slightly off the original topic, but I remember way back before pagers and cell phones were available, we had an actual "baby route" that shagged misloads and did bulk stops and pickups close to the building. If your wife was expecting you could give up your route for a few days and run the "baby route" so that when she went in to labor and called the center, a supervisor could quickly and easily come and find you and take you back to the building.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Slightly off the original topic, but I remember way back before pagers and cell phones were available, we had an actual "baby route" that shagged misloads and did bulk stops and pickups close to the building. If your wife was expecting you could give up your route for a few days and run the "baby route" so that when she went in to labor and called the center, a supervisor could quickly and easily come and find you and take you back to the building.
Boy you don't hear anything like that happening now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You have up to a year from the birth to take the time, 12 weeks total, 6 paid, here in California. It was awesome for me. Daughter born in May, took 4 weeks, then missed my only peak 5 years ago to go to my wife's home in US Virgin Islands for Christmas. Sweet!

You took 5 weeks of FMLA to spend Christmas in the USVI? Yet people wonder why we lose perks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lol all depends on the bosses.

Have heard bosses tell people it's your second kid you were there for the first right.

Its called FMLA guy. Apply and take as much time as you need (based on the federal regs). They can make you used your unused vacation and only allow you to save 1 week. Do it smart use all of your vacation except for 1 week prior to when you plan to need FMLA. Not much they can do except try to dissuade you from taking it which is illegal if it is for a valid reason. Talk to your local steward or BA they can help you.

Bottom rung

Its called FMLA guy. Apply and take as much time as you need (based on the federal regs). They can make you used your unused vacation and only allow you to save 1 week. Do it smart use all of your vacation except for 1 week prior to when you plan to need FMLA. Not much they can do except try to dissuade you from taking it which is illegal if it is for a valid reason. Talk to your local steward or BA they can help you.
How to game the system by Do it by the book.lol

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I'd love to hear that one.

Yes, I was there for the first one, and you can bet your ass I'll also be there for this one.

Bye Bye, Boss

My son was born last year. Thankfully I have one of the "old school CMs who let me work through my vacation weeks so I could use those weeks around the due date. It was great to be there and help my wife. She has a benefit through her work that gave her 6 months paid time off for it. I ended up spending about 5 weeks off with my little guy and it was such a blast. My center manager is retiring this year and the new school ones aren't of the caliber like the old school. I don't always see eye to eye with him but there's a mutual respect there and I was grateful for the flexibility of paid time off. It's a rarity I know today at ups.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Actually, it is-----there is nothing lower than someone taking FMLA during Peak just to "play Daddy" to their 10 month old baby.

see? That right there is why no one likes you. You think it's not important for the father to be there during the most crucial development time of a baby's life? You think it's "playing daddy?" It's been scientifically proven that babies that have time to bond with their fathers are better off in life.

There's nothing lower than someone like you who tries to belittle a guy for being an involved dad. So what if it fell during peak? Jesus Christ you have such issues it's ridiculous. Just because UPS is ALL you have in life, doesn't mean others should prioritize their families less so they can be there for peak.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Kid born on January--- 6 weeks FMLA.

10 months later---6 more weeks to stay home and "play Daddy"?

Very unfair to your co-workers .

Do you get 6 weeks of vacation a year? When you take it do your co workers say how unfair it is? No?

Real fathers don't "play daddy". With the way things are in this country with no paid leave for anything, can you blame the guy? The rest of the word has paid leave for a birth and family.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Actually, it is-----there is nothing lower than someone taking FMLA during Peak just to "play Daddy" to their 10 month old baby.

How about charging someone with an accident and threatening to terminate them because they broke a mirror on a tree limb at 10:00 at night during peak season? We work for a company that will gladly use all legal and contractual means to terminate a persons employment, so I have no problem whatsoever with a person using all legal and contractual means to take time off to be with their children.