FedEx courier

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by fedexdave, May 31, 2015.

1. fedexdave

fedexdave New Member

A full time job posting says CDL courier with hazmat... swing shift .
    I have both is this a tractor trailer job ? I hear this job pays about $17/hr

2. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

No. It's a courier job requiring you to work splits. You would either work on AM side splitting to PM or vice versa. If you want to have a life during the week, don't take it.

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I don't know if this is the same job but locally there is an Express driver who starts around 2pm, does some delivering and pickups, goes back to the station and then drives the trailer over to Burlington.

4. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

swing may not be shift? It could be swing driver covering multiple rtes. All our swings here are cdl c /haz

5. RuralRoute

RuralRoute Guest

If I had a CDL with Haz endorsement, I'd be driving for some oil rigging or fracking sand company. That's where the money is!

6. UPS freight lost a ton of drivers to the oil companies. More money, less stress

7. UpstateNYUPSer

Think of all the stories you could (make up) tell while working there. :)

8. RuralRoute

RuralRoute Guest

Upstate, I couldnt make a story up if I tried. Never did well in school when it came to "creative writing." I'm a terrible liar, just ask my wife!

9. UpstateNYUPSer

Sorry, I don't buy a single word of your story.

10. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

And he don't need your approval either.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

No, he doesn't---but that doesn't mean I can't express my personal opinion.

12. fedexdave

fedexdave New Member

I done like otr miss my family so I came off the road got a part time job at express but if I have to otr again I will thanks . The job is on jcats2

13. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

It's not a tractor trailer job. It's a courier job. Big you're looking for a tractor trailer job, look for RTD, ramp transport driver. That's assuming you're talking about Express.

14. fedexdave

fedexdave New Member

Thanks for the info I'm gonna just try FedEx freight then...

15. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favour and avoid FedEx entirely if you can. Try to get on with UPS.

16. fedexdave

fedexdave New Member

Lol that bad I'm not impressed with express, I think I'm gonna just go back OTR

17. OrioN

OrioN Active Member

congrats on "get the big picture"

hey, how about custom critical? but that's run by subcontractors... so the pay may be a deterrent ~ nevermind

18. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

The transportation industry sucks as a whole, regardless. If you're young and masochistic and really want to do this sort of crap, then yes - go Brown.

But really, the whole biz is best left avoided.

(OTR - ughhhh...perhaps once upon a time when a guy could run hard for several years, make a killing and then retire or do something else. But these days OTR is just a drudgery with too many rules and regs and not nearly enough compensation for the [lack of] life you have.)

19. fedexdave

fedexdave New Member

I'm gonna check out custom critical see if an owner op is hiring a driver

20. fedexdave

fedexdave New Member

FedEx freight said I have to wait to apply since I'm at Express??!!