FedEx Express: Hopelessly Out of Touch

MAKAVELI

Not quite, Ground is going to be SEVERELY minimizing Express operations.

You all spent years building the reputation of Fedex, and are handing it off to Ground, now we can look forward to a future part time job that Express is becoming.

For most customers , don't differentiate between the two. It's all FedEx. So if Express, the largest segment of the company, continues to fail at providing service, cutting of wages and benefits, lowering the moral of its employees, will have a ripple effect. It would be only a matter of time before investors start bailing and the house of cards starts to crumble.

bbsam

Staff member
For most customers , don't differentiate between the two. It's all FedEx. So if Express, the largest segment of the company, continues to fail at providing service, cutting of wages and benefits, lowering the moral of its employees, will have a ripple effect. It would be only a matter of time before investors start bailing and the house of cards starts to crumble.

Express is in the process of bringing in a new generation of courier who doesn't know what has been taken away. A transition to the new normal. Express won't fail nor will Fedex no matter what the disillusioned legacy couriers try to do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Express is in the process of bringing in a new generation of courier who doesn't know what has been taken away. A transition to the new normal. Express won't fail nor will Fedex no matter what the disillusioned legacy couriers try to do.

Much the same with the transition to a two-tiered wage system for new FT hires. After a while it will be considered the new normal.

MAKAVELI

You obviously have no clue as how Express works or what is going on right now. Nobody is happy right now . From New hires to 25 year vets. Do you really think Express is well managed and this philosophy will lead to a successful future? I think you are the disillusioned one.

bbsam

Staff member
You obviously have no clue as how Express works or what is going on right now. Nobody is happy right now . From New hires to 25 year vets. Do you really think Express is well managed and this philosophy will lead to a successful future? I think you are the disillusioned one.

new drivers will be scared into submission. Older ones will do the same or move on.it takes a while,but things do smooth out. I also think you are misled.by the level of discontent. You are buying into the BC echo chamber, much like the Republicans being convinced of a Romney landslide.

MAKAVELI

new drivers will be scared into submission. Older ones will do the same or move on.it takes a while,but things do smooth out. I also think you are misled.by the level of discontent. You are buying into the BC echo chamber, much like the Republicans being convinced of a Romney landslide.

The BC echo chamber is just a microcosm of what's going on. I would say 90% of my station maybe more feel this way. I would bet it's that way in most of stations across the country. And much like the election, when you piss off the majority. That majority produces change. I still find it hard to believe you are an Obama supporter.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Maybe, but you're wishing for an ideal situation which suits your needs and situation. It goes a lot deeper than "disillusioned legacy couriers" because the Express division is still important to the future of the company. Until Ground can figure-out how to drive to China or the rest of the world, Express is the only option. Since that is where a lot of the economic growth is, Express still figures into the equation.

FedEx won't fail, but it can get really screwed-up, which is the direction where it seems to be heading...at a rapid speed. Despite your Liberal leanings, you're beginning to look like a boot-strapping Romneyite, complete with all the rationalizations it takes to make a transition to the "new normal". Ground sucks, and it's a model of GOP exploitation at it's worst. Maybe you'd better change parties.

MAKAVELI

If BC were a microcosm of Express, you would already have a union in place.

Easier said than done. If we're that easy, a majority of companies would be union including ground. I have been through an organizing effort so I know hard it is.

bbsam

Staff member
You need to re-read. I said Express would remain and not fall. I agree that Express will remain important, just not the jewel in the crown it once was.

bbsam

Staff member
If it is condescending? That's subjective. That if you are wrong about the level of discontent? I don't. But if you are correct and there is that much unhappiness and everybody refuses to take action, then what difference does it make? Fred will just continue to methodically do whatever he wants whenever he wants.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You need to re-read. I said Express would remain and not fall. I agree that Express will remain important, just not the jewel in the crown it once was.

Where did you pick-up the term "Legacy Courier"? That is internal Express-speak.

bbsam

Staff member
It is also a term occasionally used with contractors when determining who had rights to something like an account moving from one location to another.