FedEx Ground FMCSA Score Sucks

bacha29

bbsam: You talk as if you're being victimized by the fleet safety record yet you are still with fleet coverage. So if it isn't bad enough to go some place else for coverage it's a nonissue.

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam: You talk as if you're being victimized by the fleet safety record yet you are still with fleet coverage. So if it isn't bad enough to go some place else for coverage it's a nonissue.
I stay with them because they are competitively priced. How is that being a victim?

We moved to a different w/c provider because we got a much better rate. How is that being a victim?

bbsam

Staff member
Do you understand that there are two different insurance policies being discussed?

bacha29

bbsam: Of course I know that you have two seperate insurers but you were the one crying about the fleet safety record but you continue to subscibe to the fleet insurance. So either stay with Protective and keep your mouth shut or go someplace else.

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam: Of course I know that you have two seperate insurers but you were the one crying about the fleet safety record but you continue to subscibe to the fleet insurance. So either stay with Protective and keep your mouth shut or go someplace else.
Crying? No. Happy to be elsewhere.

bbsam

Staff member
If not, maybe you should take your own advice and "keep your mouth shut".

bacha29

You're just upset about the fact that you got caught in a direct contradiction, condemning those who had wrecks because of their potential negative impact but still staying with the same insurer even though the door is wide open for you to pursue better terms elsewhere.

dvalleyjim

I've been a home delivery driver for 3 yrs. I got pulled over by a state trooper for truck inspection. The truck had a cracked windshield - passenger side Got written up. Then I got chewed out by the P and D man (or whatever Ex calls them now), for lowering their FMCSA score. I told him to friend' ex I don't own the truck and the contractor knew about it. How much of this is for poorly maintained trucks? Inspection tickets, and just putting warm bodies that can get approved loose on the public. Disgraceful!

bbsam

Staff member
You're just upset about the fact that you got caught in a direct contradiction, condemning those who had wrecks because of their potential negative impact but still staying with the same insurer even though the door is wide open for you to pursue better terms elsewhere.
Seems your reading comprehension is lacking.

dvalleyjim

That's good for bbsam. But how about Ivan and Boris, who have killed a couple of OTR drivers during the past few years, or anyone dba FedEx Ground who has a poor safety record? Is this how Fred culls the herd? Do these people have to sell-off and lose their butts, hoping someone new takes over?
Damn dude. Line haul as an atrocious record.

dvalleyjim

You can find better work comp insurance but you better stay with protective for truck insurance. That is what they do. They are FedEx Ground's butt coverer.

bacha29

bbsam: All you were seeking to do is to call attention to your safety record. Just another " hey, look at me". The cold hard fact is that as long as you remain in Protective fleet insurance plan all you can do or be expected to do is to try to achieve the best record possible. You can't do anything about what the others are doing.as well as the fact that the future of the fleet insurance program is in someone else's hands and if the outcome is an unfavorable one a lot of contractors both IC and ISP both single route and multi route will be left with only a handful of potentially very expensive options.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've been a home delivery driver for 3 yrs. I got pulled over by a state trooper for truck inspection. The truck had a cracked windshield - passenger side Got written up. Then I got chewed out by the P and D man (or whatever Ex calls them now), for lowering their FMCSA score. I told him to friend' ex I don't own the truck and the contractor knew about it. How much of this is for poorly maintained trucks? Inspection tickets, and just putting warm bodies that can get approved loose on the public. Disgraceful!

I'm guessing 38 fatal accidents didn't help the score. That's a lot.

FedGT

We are not in an "insurance crisis" we have not heard about any of that for a couple of years, saying that as current information is very misleading. Workers comp going to another carrier is what all the smart people do, keeping non trucking liability with Protective once again is what smart people do no one will come close to the rate by 50% I may have to reach out to IWBF though after reading his post. Even with completely clean record or near perfect why would I self insure my trucking liability if you know this model???

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam: All you were seeking to do is to call attention to your safety record. Just another " hey, look at me". The cold hard fact is that as long as you remain in Protective fleet insurance plan all you can do or be expected to do is to try to achieve the best record possible. You can't do anything about what the others are doing.as well as the fact that the future of the fleet insurance program is in someone else's hands and if the outcome is an unfavorable one a lot of contractors both IC and ISP both single route and multi route will be left with only a handful of potentially very expensive options.
Actually I was pointing out that a lot of money can be saved by shopping around and in this case having a good safety record plays into it...something you seem loathe to acknowledge.