feeders working christmas

tireknocker

For those working Sun-Thrus your Holiday will be Sunday and Monday will be just like any other Monday. The exception if they call you in on Monday and you work M-friend that will be Double time pay.

18wheelbrownie

Yes, feeders is working 12/25 if your job is Sun-Thur. Mon is just like your Sun this week EXCEPT your pay is double plus regular holiday pay. Check the contract. Any work on a UPS holiday (Christmas) is double. Kiss the wife, tuck the kids in, kick the cat out and take the $ and run!!!

recieve my pay and it was striaght time ,southern conference contract says they can move my sunday start up a day on holidays and no premiun
holiday pay!!!! did ups pay you premiun pay or do you have to put in a greivance?

tireknocker

They can advance the Holiday to Sunday. You were paid right !!!! New Years Eve and New Years day paid for Sunday start at 20:30 Monday paid straight time. You have to start and finish on the Holiday to get paid double time!!!!!

18wheelbrownie

these are the articles that need to be address,but i will greave this one, but as for new years , if you don't file you will not get premiun pay, thats a double holiday. you can't advance a sunday night start 2 days.

1timepu

Why would you be wroking 12/25 Tu?? All preload pkgs will be at the hub xmas eve for del on Wed but htere wont be much for the pre load that day, only if your start time is after 12:00 am on xmas nite there might be some shifters for the pre load. Most everything is being pushed through the system this week, by xmas eve there will be hardly any thing left in the system. Feeders is usally a sign up day most of us will take the lay off. so if you are monday thru friday you have a 4 day weekend comming up, if you are Tues thru Sat or Sunday thru Thurs you will prob be working this weekend.

A

Anonymous Gearjammer

Here Sunday starters get just Monday off, while Monday starters that start after 5:00 AM get Monday and Tuesday off (Monday is unpaid). There is a sign-up sheet for a few runs to be made Christmas Eve afternoon/night. This is most likely the way it is nationwide for hubs that have midnight sorts Sunday-Thursday. Since the volume that is process on the midnight sort Sunday is for Monday delivery, then in order to have new volume for delivery on December 26th the Midnight sort either has to work Christmas Eve night or Christmas night. Now how many people do you think would rather work Christmas Eve night especially those with young kids. It's just another con of feeders vs package car. After all, you expect the company to tell all our customers nationwide that they will not receive any deliveries on the 26th just so no UPSers have to work Christmas night.

Dutch Dawg

My understanding is the loads that would be moved by feeders over either the Christmas or New Year Holiday will be air related. Last year the same proposition came up, but to my knowledge the work never materialized in our area. I suppose it could be a contigency plan for weather related problems....

A

Anonymous GearJammer

All the volume that has two or more days time in transit, pick-up volume from Friday or earlier. As for the work on Christmas Eve afternoon/night, will be picking up high air volume accounts and moving the air volume after air sort is completed.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
For those working Sun-Thrus your Holiday will be Sunday and Monday will be just like any other Monday. The exception if they call you in on Monday and you work M-friend that will be Double time pay.
then s/thurs should get long weekends for memorial day and labor day this bull :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: always works out in favor of ups

crazyeyes

How sad UPS even figured out a way to make us work Christmas. Life is too short. I wonder when your old and in bad shape will you say I wish I could have worked more,(to earn even more money for my family) or will you say I wish I would have spent more time with my family. I can tell by reading some of your post that some of you are to far gone.
My Dad also worked all the time, ( he is now dead) I would trade anything just to spend one more Chritmas day with him. Mery Christmas

local804

How sad UPS even figured out a way to make us work Christmas. Life is too short. I wonder when your old and in bad shape will you say I wish I could have worked more,(to earn even more money for my family) or will you say I wish I would have spent more time with my family. I can tell by reading some of your post that some of you are to far gone.
My Dad also worked all the time, ( he is now dead) I would trade anything just to spend one more Chritmas day with him. Mery Christmas

I will help ya out if its that important
1. Take of your shirt
2. Take off your pants and underwear
3. Look between your legs and see if there is a shaft like mechanism with 2 round objects
4. Those are called balls, you now have them
5. Pick up the phone 2 hours before your start time and call your office.
6. say "Hello Mr Supervisor, I am sick today and I will not be coming in to work"
7. Enjoy your holiday and I will see you in a few days.

btw this is in no means directing the work force. This is what I would do if I really really needed the day

1. Take of your shirt
3. Look between your legs and see if there is a shaft like mechanism with 2 round objects
6. say "Hello Mr Supervisor, I am sick today and I will not be coming in to work"

btw this is in no means directing the work force. This is what I would do if I really really needed the day

Sir that is entirely incorrect. Some have to ask to have said round objects removed from wife`s purse,then they may call Mr. Sup.......

yeldarb

It is all our choice. As bad as the work might suck, or as long as the day might be, I am not complaining about my vacation, my pay, the ability for my wife to stay home with the kids, the fact that we have a nice house, are able to afford many extra luxuries in life, ability to accrue sick days, for those that dont call in sick, option days on top of our vacation weeks. Yea, the job might be tough, but if the rewards werent there, many wouldnt stick around.

tieguy

Banned
1. Take of your shirt

theres some good advice. Do you put those two round objects on the phone when you call?:happy-very:

What happens if it results in a missed customer pickup or missed service because the sup can't get anyone cdl qualified including management to answer the phone? :happy-very:

What happens if it results in a loss of business and then that guys position in feeders because the work was not moved?:happy-very:

Does he continue to let those round things think for him or should he then put them back where he found them?:happy-very:

must be one of those 804 things to let those round things do your thinking for you.:happy-very: