Feeders!

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
Just got the call have the interview Monday. Any sage advice from you chubby tractor driving professionals?!

Sent using BrownCafe App

MaceFremonti

13 months in feeders and I went up 4 inches in waist size and 45 pounds...delivery I was 135 for 20 years.....just weighed myself to make sure I wasn't considered "chubby" yet and the scale said 180....I may need to request a twin screw just so that I wont get a ticket for too much weight on the front axle......LOL

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johney

13 months in feeders and I went up 4 inches in waist size and 45 pounds...delivery I was 135 for 20 years.....just weighed myself to make sure I wasn't considered "chubby" yet and the scale said 180....I may need to request a twin screw just so that I wont get a ticket for too much weight on the front axle......LOL

Sent using BrownCafe App
Sleep, eat, drive. Repeat. Not good for the diet. I have seen some blown out feeder drivers and some who have been in for years and maintain healthy weight.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
I've read a lot of the feeder threads on here, good info. Just curious about training/cdl area, saw a thread from 4 years ago didn't want to necro-post it and get shamed again! :stalker:

P

pickup

Just got the call have the interview Monday. Any sage advice from you chubby tractor driving professionals?!

Sent using BrownCafe App

off the top of my head, the tractor has steps that stick out from the body of the truck, unlike most package cars that I have seen. In other words, the width of the vehicle you will always be driving(with or without a trailer) will not be uniform from top or bottom.

This little tidbit of info in conjunction with the fact that you will be coming through the entry and exit gates multiple times through the day(depending on your job) as opposed to just two times as you did in a package car means that if you don't take into consideration the information that Perfessor Pickup just gave you , you will probably have a scrape with your bottom step and the concrete foundations at the bases of the inbound and outbound telephones.

Oh yeah, 2nd bit of advice: get a shifting job and stay in the yard until you are pretty comfortable with a trailer on the hitch. Better to back into a ups trailer on property than to back into a parked car next to loading dock of a shipper's property.

raceanoncr

Just a couple words of advice on what could be volumes written:

Slow down! This is not package car! You have much more equipment to handle now than you ever have and all of it could kill you and the public. I don't care if they ARE on your ass to get out the gate. SLOW DOWN! Be safe.

Check all, ALL your equipment thoroughly! Double check your pin(s) if you're unsure. Again, don't listen to the inexperienced geek up in the tower that tells you you have to go faster.

There are tons of other fine advice to be given and much will on here but, in short, do this first.

off the top of my head, the tractor has steps that stick out from the body of the truck, unlike most package cars that I have seen. In other words, the width of the vehicle you will always be driving(with or without a trailer) will not be uniform from top or bottom.

This little tidbit of info in conjunction with the fact that you will be coming through the entry and exit gates multiple times through the day(depending on your job) as opposed to just two times as you did in a package car means that if you don't take into consideration the information that Perfessor Pickup just gave you , you will probably have a scrape with your bottom step and the concrete foundations at the bases of the inbound and outbound telephones.

That rule is called: Always know where your corners are.