Feinstein dead....USA a better place?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I trust your assessment of him. I like him in spite of him.
I actually agree with him on some things, I took him off ignore because I thought he could be decent, but he backslides into being obnoxious. He pontificates on subjects like he’s the end all be all of the subject.

bacha29

In that time and place. Why are you such a jerk? That’s why no one likes you, always trying to one up someone by trying to be smart. You come across as a twit.
Ok. so let's do the math. If you were a registered Democrat in 1978 today you would be at the minimum 63 years old. That means that you are either currently or soon will be drawing old age benefits from Democrat sponsored and passed legislation.

Now if the Democratic party and the legislation it supports is in your opinion so contrary to the best interest of the nation as a whole then why would you apply for those benefits ? You don't have to apply for those benefits if as a matter of principle you are opposed to them. And don't give me that "I paid into it" BS. Before you could draw benefits it first required legislation that was passed despite heavy GOP opposition. Even in light of that fact you still don't have to apply for benefits.

Now look. BOTH parties have extremist elements on it's fringes. The legislation they push very seldom even makes it to committee let alone get out of it. The thing I've noticed about you people is that you never discuss things from a legislative perspective.
Instead all you do is attack political figures who don't look exactly like you do, practice the same religion as you do, have the same sexual preferences you have or whose general overall pattern of living is not an exact duplicate of your own.

Thanks to the speed and convenience of international air travel and a global economy America's diversification as a nation is a pattern that will not reverse itself.

vantexan

Ok. so let's do the math. If you were a registered Democrat in 1978 today you would be at the minimum 63 years old. That means that you are either currently or soon will be drawing old age benefits from Democrat sponsored and passed legislation.

Now if the Democratic party and the legislation it supports is in your opinion so contrary to the best interest of the nation as a whole then why would you apply for those benefits ? You don't have to apply for those benefits if as a matter of principle you are opposed to them. And don't give me that "I paid into it" BS. Before you could draw benefits it first required legislation that was passed despite heavy GOP opposition. Even in light of that fact you still don't have to apply for benefits.

Now look. BOTH parties have extremist elements on it's fringes. The legislation they push very seldom even makes it to committee let alone get out of it. The thing I've noticed about you people is that you never discuss things from a legislative perspective.
Instead all you do is attack political figures who don't look exactly like you do, practice the same religion as you do, have the same sexual preferences you have or whose general overall pattern of living is not an exact duplicate of your own.

Thanks to the speed and convenience of international air travel and a global economy America's diversification as a nation is a pattern that will not reverse itself.
Don't make it out of committee? The Inflation Reduction Act? Obamacare?

bacha29

And one of the key pieces of the Inflation Reduction Act was the capping of insulin at $35 a month. As a borderline to moderate diabetic this should be good news for you going forward. Yes, your diet and exercise program helps for a little while but things have a funny way of changing quickly.
My brother whose sugar and weight all his life well with the norm. Low and behold one morning all of a sudden he was listless and groggy. He was tested. His sugar?....330. By the end of the following week he was a full blown insulin dependent diabetic. Now if your sugar reaches insulin required levels are you going to turn down $35 insulin?

And recently it was announced that Medicare will begin price negotiation on many other medications commonly used by older adults,
And BTW. Following the news that Fat Freddy is eliminating his high premium low benefit retired employee healthcare plan I think it's pretty safe to say that there will some additional Express retirees going into the ACA exchanges to look for health insurance.

vantexan

And one of the key pieces of the Inflation Reduction Act was the capping of insulin at $35 a month. As a borderline to moderate diabetic this should be good news for you going forward. Yes, your diet and exercise program helps for a little while but things have a funny way of changing quickly.
My brother whose sugar and weight all his life well with the norm. Low and behold one morning all of a sudden he was listless and groggy. He was tested. His sugar?....330. By the end of the following week he was a full blown insulin dependent diabetic. Now if your sugar reaches insulin required levels are you going to turn down $35 insulin?

And recently it was announced that Medicare will begin price negotiation on many other medications commonly used by older adults,
And BTW. Following the news that Fat Freddy is eliminating his high premium low benefit retired employee healthcare plan I think it's pretty safe to say that there will some additional Express retirees going into the ACA exchanges to look for health insurance.
Ummm, how much was actually for reducing inflation?

My sugar has been over 400. I've greatly reduced it by eating a very low carb diet as well as taking berberine. I don't take insulin. I've been a diagnosed diabetic for 24 years.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I agree he constantly harasses the guy about it. Not very nice and also very annoying.
I am glad that we agree that harassing someone and calling names on the BC is not very nice.

In my experience it usually says much more about the integrity of the harasser and the name caller than the recipient of the harassment or name calling.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I am glad that we agree that harassing someone and calling names on the BC is not very nice.

In my experience it usually says much more about the integrity of the harasser and the name caller than the recipient of the harassment or name calling.
I agree with you that @bacha29's constant harassment of vatexan says a lot of about his integrity.

Thank you for standing with me.

bacha29

Ummm, how much was actually for reducing inflation?

My sugar has been over 400. I've greatly reduced it by eating a very low carb diet as well as taking berberine. I don't take insulin. I've been a diagnosed diabetic for 24 years.
Healthcare costs especially prescription drugs have been one of the main drivers of inflation in recent months . According to HHS between July 2021 and July 2022 the price of 1200 of the most commonly used prescription drugs rose by an average of 31.6% . This data is what got the Inflation Reduction Act moving giving Medicare the authority to get in the price negotiation business.

vantexan

Healthcare costs especially prescription drugs have been one of the main drivers of inflation in recent months . According to HHS between July 2021 and July 2022 the price of 1200 of the most commonly used prescription drugs rose by an average of 31.6% . This data is what got the Inflation Reduction Act moving giving Medicare the authority to get in the price negotiation business.
Most of that act didn't address inflation. And Obamacare was supposed to address healthcare costs.