Raise for drivers 118,000 USA drivers?

TeltBender

How $100K/yr to drive a van around considered not good pay? Sure you should get increases that match the high inflation but not more than that. Pay is already very good plus a great pension plan. Nothing to complain about as far as pay. If you are going to complain then complain about too much forced overtime, no A/C in the vans, but not the pay.
Drivers deserve same pay as UPS pilots!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I bet the pilots have air conditioning and clean water to drink.
IMG_4612.gif

Give us a reason why the company should not create more FT inside jobs? You just sound like a jealous old man who wishes they were inside.
Lol, I wouldn't work inside, even if it paid what I make. I think they should make more FT jobs, there's plenty of opportunity. Neither of those things have to do with what I said.

Pullman Brown

FT wait in my local is 9 years

Even during Covid? If that has been the wait time then your local is the exception. That’s how long it took before 2013 in my local. Over 80 drivers in my center alone not counting the other center since 2013 and that’s not counting other full time jobs. Opportunities have been there since e-commerce exploded everybody knows this.

MostHelpNeeded

Raises should be so simple. I don't understand why this is so difficult. 3% yearly, minimum plus a COLA that raises that 3% to whatever inflation is that year.

Our issue is that our raises haven't kept up with inflation lately. We need an immediate catch up raise of a little under 10% PLUS this years 3% to be where we should be at. Put simply, right about $47 or I'd consider it a concession.

TeltBender

Even during Covid? If that has been the wait time then your local is the exception. That’s how long it took before 2013 in my local. Over 80 drivers in my center alone not counting the other center since 2013 and that’s not counting other full time jobs. Opportunities have been there since e-commerce exploded everybody knows this.
They will make driving jobs but no ft inside jobs. Just hire some pt

Steamer

UPS hides their real profit margins. Reinvestment into automation, dividends, and other things leads to a lower overall net profit on paper to look like they are making less. But they are just spending more to make more in the future without as many teamsters.

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS hides their real profit margins. Reinvestment into automation, dividends, and other things leads to a lower overall net profit on paper to look like they are making less. But they are just spending more to make more in the future without as many teamsters.
They always do more of that in a contract year.