First day with Sup riding shotgun.

Scuderia1

Here are just some thoughts I had and some questions. This forum has given me a lot of help.

This ride was way different then when I was shadowing, way more intense. I had a lot of times where I messed up on the Diad and was not quick. But I did run to the doors for driver releases. However the basic mapping skills weren't there, is that normal? I felt really stupid. What is the best way to kill this job? I am serious about it.

Also people are so retarded when it comes to COD. I had a situation where it took me a while because they were calling ppl left right. How do you get out of that situation? They started opening the plastic and looking at the papers. I felt kind of dum there too. I don't mind the intensity just having problems with all the administration work that goes with the job meaning paperwork Diad and all that stuff.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mr Shifter

Sometimes I'll let them open the pouch with the invoice so they can photo copy it but ask for it back and I'll or another dricer will be back. If they give you sheeeT about they need it tell them you're sorry but you have to come back tomorrow. If they want it bad enough they will come out and meet you. Or make a check availability immediately.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You "messed up on the DIAD" and you "werent quick" because you are BRAND NEW and still trying to learn the job. It is not a job you will pick up on overnight. You will make mistakes. Get used to it, hang in there and do your best.

Z

ZQXC

Here are just some thoughts I had and some questions. This forum has given me a lot of help.

This ride was way different then when I was shadowing, way more intense. I had a lot of times where I messed up on the Diad and was not quick. But I did run to the doors for driver releases. However the basic mapping skills weren't there, is that normal? I felt really stupid. What is the best way to kill this job? I am serious about it.

Also people are so retarded when it comes to COD. I had a situation where it took me a while because they were calling ppl left right. How do you get out of that situation? They started opening the plastic and looking at the papers. I felt kind of dum there too. I don't mind the intensity just having problems with all the administration work that goes with the job meaning paperwork Diad and all that stuff.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Don't do that; you won't last.

Don't get caught up in a COD run-around. If the check is not ready, write the amount on a delivery notice and hand them the notice. Politely tell them you will be back tomorrow.

BigBrown3605

Make sure you ask you ON CAR questions...... We all know they hate being on the package car so they are going to run you through the day. This job is not easy and if you are not familiar with the DIAD, it can be confusing. Also, please don't run, walk at your pace. Each day is a marathon, not a sprint.

iowa boy

Who gets COD anymore that doesn't know it is coming? Have the stupid check ready dummy!

We have various ethnic clothing stores that get all their merchandise COD, but yet never have the money on the first day. We have one that will wait til the day before we send it back to the shipper to pick up and pay for their stuff.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Even if you are delivering in the town you grew up in, chances are they you aren't going to know all the streets. It will take you a week or 3 to get them down pat. Unless you get lucky and get put on a route like I was to start where all the streets were Front through 6th st. with a few connector streets. Pretty damn nice.

You'll get it. Don't worry. No one is perfect the first day.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
images59O8K5PV.jpg
That's all you need to know youngblood.

Scuderia1

Sounds good brothas solid feedback there thanks. I'm going crazy doing a full out reconnaissance on the map right now . This technology age has made us second generation folks thinking paper maps are ancient guess their not lol.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have various ethnic clothing stores that get all their merchandise COD, but yet never have the money on the first day. We have one that will wait til the day before we send it back to the shipper to pick up and pay for their stuff.

COD's that are NM3 are not supposed to be held----they are supposed to be RTS per new corporate policy.

oldngray

nowhere special

We had a guy who would order 3 times what he needed that all came COD and he would wait until the last day to decide what he wanted. He was using UPS as his warehouse. He used to play that hold and redeliver game too and half the time would refuse it after it was held. A real a-hole.

iowa boy

COD's that are NM3 are not supposed to be held----they are supposed to be RTS per new corporate policy.

The particular store I referred to will call in and have their COD's will called after the third attempt and that gives them 5 more days for us to store their stuff until they get the money rounded up, and that usually takes another 4 days for that to happen.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The particular store I referred to will call in and have their COD's will called after the third attempt and that gives them 5 more days for us to store their stuff until they get the money rounded up, and that usually takes another 4 days for that to happen.

Thankfully they can't do that anymore.