First FOX news GOP debate is a "hit piece" on Trump, Christie, Carson...

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The FOX news debate is running, and its clear from the outset, and I said it long before the debate, that FOX would try to destroy Donald Trump and take him out of the favor of the people.

The very first question was a SET UP, designed to embarrass Trump, and the second question to him was also intended to embarrass him. His third question on immigration was also designed to embarrass him.

Carsons first question was intended to embarrass him and his lack of experience.

Chris Christies first question was also intended on embarrassing him.

There was nothing fair and balanced going on at this debate.

Still, it was worth the laugh.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The debate was a total joke.

Questions were designed to highlight the candidates FOX news wants to succeed, and other questions were only intended on embarrassing candidates like Carson, Trump, Christie and Rubio.

It was clear, the format was designed to feature Kacish and Bush.

Huckabee was a waste of time on stage.

All in all, the GOP showed how out of touch

TOS

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The FOX news debate is running, and its clear from the outset, and I said it long before the debate, that FOX would try to destroy Donald Trump and take him out of the favor of the people.

The very first question was a SET UP, designed to embarrass Trump, and the second question to him was also intended to embarrass him. His third question on immigration was also designed to embarrass him.

Carsons first question was intended to embarrass him and his lack of experience.

TOS.
Or maybe the hosts just were trying to challenge the candidates on issues that the Democrats will surely hit them with later.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Or maybe the hosts just were trying to challenge the candidates on issues that the Democrats will surely hit them with later.

Ya, that was it.

FOX news needs to do the work of the DNC... LOL

Its clear, FOX is trying to steer the GOP electorate away from TRUMP and some of the others.

Those questions to Trump were disrespectful and dishonest.

This wasnt a debate at all. It was nothing more than an attack on candidates that FOX doesnt really support.

Trump was the main course, and his questions demonstrate the illegitimacy of FOX news.

I felt bad for Trump.

You would have thought they would have given him a fair shot at answering a presidential question, but instead, they gave the crowd the red meat they needed in order to set off the boo birds.

Mission accomplished.

Now they can play the boo's over and over again every hour on the hour and play the soundbites from Meygan kelly to nauseam.

TOS.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The republican establishment wants Trump out of the race as soon as possible, I'd say that's pretty clear.

oldngray

nowhere special
It wasn't much of a "debate". Mostly the Trump show with the moderators hitting him with a bunch of gotcha questions. Some of the other candidates seemed to be mostly ignored. Trump is a sound bite champion and makes himself the focus of attention but he would have performed much worse in a more formal debate setting where he had to answer relevant questions about issues. By attacking Trump like they did they only helped his popularity.

Johney

TOS.
Yawn.

bbsam

Staff member
Not that Trump ever had a small ego, but after this past month whether he's the GOP nominee or an independent, I think he's going all the way to November 2016.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Winning moment of the night, after being hit repeatedly by Chris Wallace on bankruptcy filings by Trump Enterprises, at the very end Trump says, "And the US has 17 trillion in debt, who do you want to handle that?"

He's right, at best, none of the other candidates will shrink that debt, but a few might stop its year to year increase.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What's wrong, TOS......mad because Al Not-So Sharpton couldn't broadcast it on a channel that you're more comfortable with?

I'd say more familiar with that awful crap, but you've proven time and time again that you watch FoxNews more than ANY Republican/conservative/ "Wing Nut"/ or "Tea Bagger" on this entire site.

Overpaid Union Thug

Trump responded extremely poorly to the first question of the night. If he really meant it then he could very well end up being the next Ross Perot.

Trump responded well to the question about when he became a Republican by stating that he evolved on many issues over the years just like Ronald Reagan had.

Sportello

Trump responded extremely poorly to the first question of the night. If he really meant it then he could very well end up being the next Ross Perot.

Trump responded well to the question about when he became a Republican by stating that he evolved on many issues over the years just like Ronald Reagan had.
I think Trump responded perfectly to the first question. He could possibly take down both Hillary and Jeb!™ in the general. No one likes either one of them.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I agree that this was not a "debate" as we have come to know them. This was more of a Q&A for a number of reasons:
1. See how they respond;
2. Clear the decks for the next phase of those that don't belong there.

My biggest take away was that Christie is more of a fat pompous ass than all of the others' body weights combined!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Overpaid Union Thug

I think Trump responded perfectly to the first question. He could possibly take down both Hillary and Jeb!™ in the general. No one likes either one of them.
The problem is that if Jeb, or someone else gets the nomination, the likelihood of a split vote resulting in a win for the Democratic nominee is highly likely. Which is great for Democrats.