First FOX news GOP debate is a "hit piece" on Trump, Christie, Carson...

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
It took us a while to actually find the debate. Kept looking on the local Fox station. Didn't know there was a Fox News Channel.
There isn't a Fox News channel. It's now an official Fox Opinion channel. Their lawyers argued this in court to weasel out of an defamation lawsuit in Milwaukee.

oldngray

nowhere special
The difference is Fox has its opinion shows in prime time and balanced news the rest of the day. Instead of 24 hours of opinions and slanted stories on the other "news" channels.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
This wasnt a debate.

A debate is where one question is asked, and each candidate gets a chance to answer it, and the audience determines who answers the questions in the best manner that suits their individual beliefs.

FOX news format of "trash" journalism in asking "individual" questions intended on embarrasssing the candidate wasnt any kind of debate at all.

What FOX news did, was to prove what a "partisan hack" it really is.

TOS.

Go look at Post #16 or do you need to restate the obvious like you are so much more connected than the rest of the world? I've been reading your "opinion" for years and yours is no better or worse than anyone elses, yet you come off as being right about every opinion that you have.

Out of curiosity, where did you gain all this knowledge that you profess to having?

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Trump wants answers as to "why" he was asked the questions he was asked by FOX's megyn kelly.

https://gma.yahoo.com/donald-trump-...yn-kelly-122402811--abc-news-topstories.html#

Barack and Hillary had some great reactions to the GOP debate...!

People have some suggestions for Megyn Kelly for the next debate! Accordingly, they go along with the intelligence of the FOX audience.

http://mindy-fischer-writer.com/2015/08/twitter-debate-question-suggestions/

TOS
I am not a fan of Megyn Kelly's political leanings, but the one area she has consistently broken with the
Republicans is on women's issues (mostly). I was seriously speechless with how Trump answered her question. I mean, I know the guy has no common sense, but how the hell did he think that that response was going to go over? I have no idea which candidate Kelly wants to vote for, but I sure and the hell know it's not Trump after watching that train wreck of an answer.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Fox New Debate Targets Donald Trump, But Can They Stop Him?

Republican machine finally tries to call off the smug monster it created...
This is what you get when you have an entertainment channel "entering" the political theater for 2016.- I am sure the producers have the same issues - guest screaming at each other, the worry about saying something strange.... Actually, they both want the same thing - guests to scream at each other and saying strange things - they are about ratings not rationale. They are for getting viewers, not educating viewers.
What amazes me is that low information voters and BC posters,I suspect they are one and the same, actually think Fox is a New Organization.. Even though they cannot broadcast in Canada due to rules about News Stations actually being News Stations. And, the fact that Fox News said in open court they are an Entertainment Channel.And so the race to the bottom is almost complete........But from the bottom the only way is up......

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The difference is Fox has its opinion shows in prime time and balanced news the rest of the day. Instead of 24 hours of opinions and slanted stories on the other "news" channels.

LOFL!! "Fair and balanced?" By the way, the "debate" was very intentional in trying to reign-in Trump. Now that I've heard most of it, the GOP was doing it's incompetent best to bring The Donald into the fold.

Now, Trump's ego, stupid comments on Ms. Kelly, and general bombastic idiocy have loosened the lug nuts on the wheels of his bus, which are about to come-off. When they do, his party will have already tossed him underneath.

Which is where this pompous ASS belongs!

oldngray

nowhere special
LOFL!! "Fair and balanced?" By the way, the "debate" was very intentional in trying to reign-in Trump. Now that I've heard most of it, the GOP was doing it's incompetent best to bring The Donald into the fold.

Now, Trump's ego, stupid comments on Ms. Kelly, and general bombastic idiocy have loosened the lug nuts on the wheels of his bus, which are about to come-off. When they do, his party will have already tossed him underneath.

Which is where this pompous ASS belongs!

You need to work on your reading comprehension. The "debate" was in prime time and never claimed to be a news show. I definitely agree the Fox moderators did a lousy job and were out to get Trump but that is another issue. Trumps response was typical Donald so I doubt that surprised anyone.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It was a mistake for him to openly take on Fox News, they have way too much influence within the party. Trump's like a wounded bull now, he can still lash out but the wolves are circling and we all know how it's gonna end.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was a mistake for him to openly take on Fox News, they have way too much influence within the party. Trump's like a wounded bull now, he can still lash out but the wolves are circling and we all know how it's gonna end.

...with Trump running as an Independent which then hands the keys to the White House to Hillary....

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
...with Trump running as an Independent which then hands the keys to the White House to Hillary....
Won't happen.
He's likely just posturing in an attempt to force people to take him seriously as a candidate. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leverage the threat of an independent run into some kind of cabinet appointment.

wkmac

Won't happen.
He's likely just posturing in an attempt to force people to take him seriously as a candidate. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leverage the threat of an independent run into some kind of cabinet appointment.

I'm not convinced he's really serious in wanting the job. Big pay cut and control over his assets goes into a blind trust? And he wants this? Can't believe he does. I still think he's out for something else. Another form of payoff. And it's not to throw the election to Hillary either or play that game. Nor for a cabinet job.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The FOX news damage to Trump has already taken its toll.. Like a boxing match, when one fighter opens a small cut onto the eye of an opponent in the first round, that boxer continues to work that cut every round after that until the cut is opened wider and larger, bleeding worse with each strike.

The FOX debate was the first round of a desperate attempt to derail Donald Trump. They were successful in opening a cut, and since, they are working that cut each and every hour. Trump has fought back, calling Megyn Kelly what she is, a poltiical hack and in my opinion, a puppet of the right wing despite her claims of being an independent.

The day after the debate, FOX news spent every hour bashing on Trump, then in the evening, bringing in white guest who also bashed on Trump.

Today, Trump gets KICKED out of a GOP conference in Atlanta and the host of the convention claiming he was standing up for Megyn Kelly and Fox news.

What a shock.

The GOP and FOX news hand in hand.

Now, late breaking this afternoon, TRUMPS CAMPAIGN MANAGER gets fired, but he says he QUIT.

There goes the "big show". :whatever:

TOS.

10 point

what a shocker, the audience at the FOX news debate was predominately WHITE.

This is consistent with the FOX news audience in general, however, you CANT win an election for the white house with just WHITE people.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/only-1-of-fox-news-viewers-are-black/

Without diversity, the republican party is finished. Ben Carson looked like a raisin in milk last night on the stage.

That 1% isnt enough to bring the GOP to a party of the "people".

TOS.
NEWS FLASH

The general population of the United States of America is mostly WHITE.

Did you want a mix of Black, Latino, Mexican, Cuban, and middle eastern?

Who cares.

Im sure the crowd was controlled. You wouldn't like any of them anyway and I'm truly amazed you even care.

10 point

I'm not convinced he's really serious in wanting the job. Big pay cut and control over his assets goes into a blind trust? And he wants this? Can't believe he does. I still think he's out for something else. Another form of payoff. And it's not to throw the election to Hillary either or play that game. Nor for a cabinet job.
He vying for the President's PR position?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You need to work on your reading comprehension. The "debate" was in prime time and never claimed to be a news show. I definitely agree the Fox moderators did a lousy job and were out to get Trump but that is another issue. Trumps response was typical Donald so I doubt that surprised anyone.

Since when are Presidential candidate debates "entertainment"? Even though FOX is hardly a credible example of journalism, this one really stepped into the gutter. They baited Trump, and he bit...hard. Now, there's major fallout, and just 2 days after the event.

I haven't seen the numbers, but Trump is probably as popular as ever with his maroon supporters. The more important number is mainstream Republicans who are shocked by Trump's idiocy, and the disapproval numbers among the general population, who don't like Trump at all.

This basically means he's unelectable, but I'm glad he's there, and I sincerely hope he gets the GOP nomination.