First week of cover driver..

twoweeled

MY first week of cover driver is behind me.Why do i feel so miserable? Third day hit me hard depression came around and knocked me down.I felt like i was seeing happy people all around except me.Worst was around 6 clock when everyone was with their family seeing them thru window them enjoying life yet i was miserable.
That is the job. If your into all that, being with your family at night. Eating dinner together. Going to dinner when you get home. Going to your kid's games. You know! If your all into that normal family life? Your in for a disappointment. The way you described what you felt, and saw during work, is the way it's going to be for at least 10-15 years. Probably your entire time there. Don't let management know how your feeling. They may consider dumping you because of future problems. I'm serious. Chance are fair, you'll meet someone on your route and marry her. If your married already. Chances are you'll be going through divorce in 10-15 years.
I'm just preparing you the best I can, driver. Not everyone will agree with me. BUT NOT EVERYONE WILL DISAGREE WITH ME, EITHER!! Just watch.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
MY first week of cover driver is behind me.Why do i feel so miserable? Third day hit me hard depression came around and knocked me down.I felt like i was seeing happy people all around except me.Worst was around 6 clock when everyone was with their family seeing them thru window them enjoying life yet i was miserable.
image.jpg

twoweeled

Been there, still there....Haven't done a route in 2 weeks, still hitting 60 hours, however all of the senior drivers are very thankful and I am happy to oblige and take the paycheck.
yeah, you'll be taking their check - till your walking the same way they walk.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
That is the job. If your into all that, being with your family at night. Eating dinner together. Going to dinner when you get home. Going to your kid's games. You know! If your all into that normal family life? Your in for a disappointment. The way you described what you felt, and saw during work, is the way it's going to be for at least 10-15 years. Probably your entire time there. Don't let management know how your feeling. They may consider dumping you because of future problems. I'm serious. Chance are fair, you'll meet someone on your route and marry her. If your married already. Chances are you'll be going through divorce in 10-15 years.
I'm just preparing you the best I can, driver. Not everyone will agree with me. BUT NOT EVERYONE WILL DISAGREE WITH ME, EITHER!! Just watch.
I think they know not to give it to me too hard. They know I'm single and don't GIVE A friend* and I'll milk it out all night without the slightest care.

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
yeah, you'll be taking their check - till your walking the same way they walk.
I mean't take the paycheck, as in have a job and be able to pay the bills, not take their paycheck, we always agree together how many stops to put on my truck so it can look like a good effort to help them but not short them the hours they are trying to achieve :)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes, he did indeed.

Must be doubly bummed out about being out late.

OK, just making sure you weren't trying to drum up sympathy twice.

Whiners gotta whine.

If you think you're depressed now..just wait until you deliver to a house and see a family enjoying themselves through the window and realize your wife has joined them!

You guys are making me so proud.

I'm tearing up a little.