PT Car Washer

"he had recently filed a grievance against him"

Not to be rude, but how did you miss that?

The guy who has been helping me has been there for six months. HE filed it not me.
It never gets better. Walmart is hiring at $11.50/hr with more hours available and better working conditions. Why are you still here? Benefits?

RetroDesu

It never gets better. Walmart is hiring at $11.50/hr with more hours available and better working conditions. Why are you still here? Benefits?

I left WM because I was getting :censored2: hours even though I had open availability for 5 days a week. My hand was essentially forced because bills were stacking and for the time being I'm making more money. The only reason I chose UPS was for the school reimbursement. If I make probation. I will probably collect that $2,600 and bounce to another Walmart.

GHerbo

I left WM because I was getting :censored2: hours even though I had open availability for 5 days a week. My hand was essentially forced because bills were stacking and for the time being I'm making more money. The only reason I chose UPS was for the school reimbursement. If I make probation. I will probably collect that $2,600 and bounce to another Walmart.
Bro get two jobs if you're not in school, I'm going back to Dollar Express once I'm out for summer vacation, some retail stores usually give good ass hours like 25-27 hours a week especially morning shifts, I'd make around $240-250 a week, but I'm still gonna work at ups since its twilight shift. Stick with ups if you want good benefits, a work out, or if you want to work your way to package car driver.

okarmydogger

I was told by HR that I would be full time and guaranteed 40 hours a week and now my on road supervisor is telling me it's not guaranteed 40 hours

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I was told by HR that I would be full time and guaranteed 40 hours a week and now my on road supervisor is telling me it's not guaranteed 40 hours
If you are laid off you can ask to work inside the building. Read your contract for exact details

35years

Gravy route
Did you come from inside the bldg or were you hired off the street?
Are you a member of the Union?
Have you made it through your 30 day probationary period?
Did they work you any days this week, or were you laid off the entire week?
Did they work you any partial days (adding up to less than 40 hours)?

35years

Gravy route
I have been a loader for 7 months since the holidays I thought things would lighten up by now but I am simply giving more trucks and fewer people come in I am 31 years old and my back is killing me my foot feels broken and my knees feel like they are about to blow out my body feels like it is gonna blow out and I take protien,and creation I eat healthy and drink clean,don't even drink but one tea a day in caffeine I load up too 1200 a day and I am falling apart worst part is having 5 trucks walk-in things all the way back up I am limping now and concerned about what tommarow holds for my lower body I feel overworked I get chastised for missloads here and there and I am not surprised I was told if I were pace myself and not be finished by the time the drivers arrived that would be another issue and more write-ups I feel set up for failer chewd up used and spit out treated like an maroon for misloads when I can barely keep up with a waterfall of heavy boxes I don't always have missloads but I can't slow down or I will be over ran with boxes all over the floor Is it OK for them to give me such a heavy burden on a relentless basis if they were to hire a few more preloaders and every one had three heavy trucks that would be a world easier to not get missloads and not get disabled...are they allowed to overwork people what happens when I collapse and can't work due to torn body.
7 months?
If you are in the Union slooooow down!
A back injury is nothing to fool around with.
If you hurt your back again; It helps if you can point out a specific lift that really hurt. Immediately after that lift refuse to lift another box. Insist upon filling out an official first report of injury report. Go to the UPS doctor as required, but also your own doctor. Make sure the doctor understands it is the lifting at the job that caused the injury.
If your doctor says you need time off make sure you have a 2nd appointment with him before you see the UPS doctor a second time... By seeing a doctor twice in a row before the other doctor you "choose" that doctor as your treating doctor. The UPS doctor has a conflict of interest in that he gets a great deal of income from UPS. If there is ever any disagreement on your ability to work, you want a doctor who has only your best interests in mind. UPS can still require you to see their doctor but choose your own doctor as your treating doctor. Your State workers comp department is a great resource.

okarmydogger

Did you come from inside the bldg or were you hired off the street?
Are you a member of the Union?
Have you made it through your 30 day probationary period?
Did they work you any days this week, or were you laid off the entire week?
Did they work you any partial days (adding up to less than 40 hours)?
I worked seasonal and they brought me back "full time" still in my 30 day packet. Worked 10 days out of the last 40

35years

Gravy route
I worked seasonal and they brought me back "full time" still in my 30 day packet. Worked 10 days out of the last 40
It is a full time job once you make your probationary period (8 hours guarantee each day). That being said they can lay you off quite a bit in the first year or so. I know it gets hard on some new hires, but some guys wait a decade working part time inside the building to get a shot at a driver's job. If you make it the job eventually pays aprox $80K-$110K with an additional $30k in benefits. I am not sure if you are eligible for unemployment when laid off, some on this forum say yes.

You just want to make sure you were hired back "permanent" and not just seasonal. Also keep close track on your hours and days worked to see if they work you past the probationary period. If you have a choice after you do qualify, make sure you join the Union, it may save your job someday.

I am going to try to compile a faq page for all new hires.

New UPSers, feel free to post your questions here in this thread if you haven't found your answer elsewhere.
I am going to try to compile a faq page for all new hires.

New UPSers, feel free to post your questions here in this thread if you haven't found your answer elsewhere.
I just got a job at ramp. I passed sida background check. Now have to go through usps background check. I gave z fraud felony on record that's 12 years old. What are your tuoughts?

Savvy412

I feel bad seeing these new hires. I got lucky I guess and in my early 20's *(im 30 now) needed benefits because I was a freelance graphic designer and took the job. So for 6 years I just worked at home as a graphic designer. and at 6pm-9pm went into the warehouse. It was actually nice to get out the house sometimes and being on the computer all day can get you stir crazy.

And then I got married and wanted a steady career /job and a bid opened up for a full time package car driver and I got it because of my 6 year seniority. Now Im a full time driver with my own route =) just like that.

But if your mid 20s early 30s and just starting out..eghhhhhhhh. You got a long road a head of you guys.

rw005

Anyone know the difference, between the titles:

Customer Service Associate and Data Entry/Warehouse?

Looking to know this before I actually apply.

opey

Question about paid time off and raises for FT pkg drivers... I always assumed that the progression raises go according to your start date, but I know someone in another hub who says hes been driving thru 2 peaks already, hasnt been actually laid off but hasnt made book yet, and is still at 18.75... he will be hitting 2 years in just a couple of months. So, do they withhold your raises until you make book? or does progression start when u make book? because the contract states 12 months of EMPLOYMENT, nothing about seniority etc..

Same question with sick days, contract states 1 day after 4 mo. employment, 2 additional after 6 mos employment, and so on. I would assume you would have to be in the union to get the sick days, but lets say u make it in after 8 mos employment, do you now get those days you earned credited to you?

wayfair

swollen member
Question about paid time off and raises for FT pkg drivers... I always assumed that the progression raises go according to your start date, but I know someone in another hub who says hes been driving thru 2 peaks already, hasnt been actually laid off but hasnt made book yet, and is still at 18.75... he will be hitting 2 years in just a couple of months. So, do they withhold your raises until you make book? or does progression start when u make book? because the contract states 12 months of EMPLOYMENT, nothing about seniority etc..

Did you sign a FT bid list?