FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
No chain pizza is good. You gotta find a nice real Italian place. Homemade especially from NYC.

Lol
I used to find a metric we were struggling on. If we met or exceeded the goal, Little Caesars.

Anytime we were top sort in the district, got the fancy place in town.

I don't want to admit how much of my personal money I spent on pizza. Those guys deserved it though.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Got sent home today after filling out survey and employee paper stuff for first 30 days. Said they were over staffed how often does that happen?
If you want the hours, and you were on time, you can tell them you choose to work and are guaranteed 3.5 hours. If you don't want the hours, tell them thank you and leave. Happens all the time.

AutoZone

BrownPower
We fought hard to get guarantees..
Now everyone pisses them away
That's understandable. But they're not being pis sed away. The people that want the hours are taking advantage of it.. and the people that don't want the hours are helping out the people that do. Make sense? Or am I missing something?

Example: I don't need the money, but I'm taking the seniority... I go in to work earlier then "bill".. bill needs every minute he can get but was running a few minutes late due to whatever reason. Staffing is set to a certain point and met before bill gets there. Well, I'll take the night off to help bill get his hours. Everyone's happy. In the event someone's running late, they the management can elect to send you home for being late which they would prefer, to keep production costs low. The guarantee doesn't apply to someone who's not on time unfortunately.

That's understandable. But they're not being pis sed away. The people that want the hours are taking advantage of it.. and the people that don't want the hours are helping out the people that do. Make sense? Or am I missing something?

Example: I don't need the money, but I'm taking the seniority... I go in to work earlier then "bill".. bill needs every minute he can get but was running a few minutes late due to whatever reason. Staffing is set to a certain point and met before bill gets there. Well, I'll take the night off to help bill get his hours. Everyone's happy. In the event someone's running late, they the management can elect to send you home for being late which they would prefer, to keep production costs low. The guarantee doesn't apply to someone who's not on time unfortunately.
You don't understand. It's just like the scab drivers who take a code 05.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It has been many years since I have done that but it was nice to work punch to punch, no lunch, and be able to make one of my kids' games.

How is Code 05 any worse than your beloved 8 hour requests?

There is more to life than money.