Down time

Oh i see thanks upstate! I also have another ? Lol, i recently put my name down on the bid list for driver position, is it possible to get the driving position while still on my probationary? Thanks.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Oh i see thanks upstate! I also have another ? Lol, i recently put my name down on the bid list for driver position, is it possible to get the driving position while still on my probationary? Thanks.
Lol... Well, most in here will tell you hell no.. but the way ups is gearing up this peak, you might make seasonal driver right away.. or at least shuttling packages around.. they're wayyyyyy understaffed everywhere it seems.

BigD Bri

Lol... Well, most in here will tell you hell no.. but the way ups is gearing up this peak, you might make seasonal driver right away.. or at least shuttling packages around.. they're wayyyyyy understaffed everywhere it seems.

He's right... I got a Seasonal driving bid with just three weeks on preload. Just put my name on the sheet for the hell of it, and ended up getting it.. HR did ask me about if I was past my 30 days, but at that point, it was only two days away, so they didn't worry about it... If you see a bid sheet, put your name on it if you want it. Worst that can happen is you don't get it, nothing lost..

You'll more than likely drive thru peak.. but classified as a seasonal driver and you'll need to qualify your 30 days next year after Feb 1st.. work hard.. give them a reason to keep you out there after peak.. after you qualify, slow down to your pace.. not theirs.. do your job.. stay quiet.. but always stand up for yourself. You'll be OK. This is the advice I was given.. I'm currently in the middle of trying to qualify my 30.. good luck bud
What happens if you dont qualify within the 30 day period? Are you not allowed to drive at all for a year?

The registration code UPS-W2 does not work. Keeps saying invalid

Not sure if this is still needed, but I called the HR Service Center, 1-855-UPS-HRSC (1-855-877-4772), since my local HR rep didn't know the updated registration code. The new ADP registration code is "UPS-FW2" and the company code is "WWQ".

promyth3us

First time seasonal hire, wish I would of came here first to see that my job was considered a "on-call" role. Showed up for work 5am shift and was told to go home. 1st world problems.

Any advice at all?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

First time seasonal hire, wish I would of came here first to see that my job was considered a "on-call" role. Showed up for work 5am shift and was told to go home. 1st world problems.

Any advice at all?

You were scheduled to work and then told to go home? Ask your shop steward if you are eligible for your 3.5 guarantee.

promyth3us

You were scheduled to work and then told to go home? Ask your shop steward if you are eligible for your 3.5 guarantee.

Thanks for the reply Upstate!

I am still "hired" in this "30 Day" training period....

I am not given Union till after this period of seasonal is over and then I am hired back as a part-time hourly under union. From what I can gather.

I think I am considered at best an extra hand for the going gets tough.

But yes I was scheduled to work from yesterday till the 31st 5am-9am 5 days a week. The hiring process I feel is not as well thought through as it should be because of the need to hire so many new workers before the Black Friday rush.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Thanks for the reply Upstate!

I am still "hired" in this "30 Day" training period....

I am not given Union till after this period of seasonal is over and then I am hired back as a part-time hourly under union. From what I can gather.

I think I am considered at best an extra hand for the going gets tough.

But yes I was scheduled to work from yesterday till the 31st 5am-9am 5 days a week. The hiring process I feel is not as well thought through as it should be because of the need to hire so many new workers before the Black Friday rush.
If you are scheduled to work that day and they tell you to go home just ask them if they will see if anybody else wants to go home to allow you to work that day. I do believe you are guaranteed your 3.5.. you definitely will want to talk with a shop steward.

*Jersey*

Not really work related but how does the Verizon discount work? I've heard about it at work but didn't see it on UPSers..so is it just the type of thing you walk in the store and do? Does it cover new hardware as well as the bill?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not really work related but how does the Verizon discount work? I've heard about it at work but didn't see it on UPSers..so is it just the type of thing you walk in the store and do? Does it cover new hardware as well as the bill?

22% off of your plan and 25% off of accessories.

You can apply for the discount through upsers.com or directly through a VZW store. You will need to bring a recent pay stub for verification.

To all drivers-----encourage your helpers to do the same. Yes, they are seasonal, but once they qualify for the discount Verizon does not follow up to make sure that they still work here.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

You can apply for the discount through upsers.com or directly through a VZW store. You will need to bring a recent pay stub for verification.

To all drivers-----encourage your helpers to do the same. Yes, they are seasonal, but once they qualify for the discount Verizon does not follow up to make sure that they still work here.

So, you advocate defrauding Verizon.

Classy.

AutoZone

BrownPower
So, you advocate defrauding Verizon.

Classy.
How do you defraud a company that's grossly overcharging as it is?? I'm a Verizon customer as well, and any little bit someone can save against them, I'm all for it.. sell me a crappy phone, then recall it, send me a refurbished phone, that one breaks, and now I'm locked into a $700 phone that I need to pay off before I can upgrade.... I paid for a new phone, end up with a refurbished phone 2 months after, and now stuck with a junk phone, or pay off $350 remaining, and then still need a new phone, and that one is $700.. so I'm in the hole $1000 for a cell phone... Yea......

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
How do you defraud a company that's grossly overcharging as it is?? I'm a Verizon customer as well, and any little bit someone can save against them, I'm all for it.. sell me a crappy phone, then recall it, send me a refurbished phone, that one breaks, and now I'm locked into a $700 phone that I need to pay off before I can upgrade.... I paid for a new phone, end up with a refurbished phone 2 months after, and now stuck with a junk phone, or pay off $350 remaining, and then still need a new phone, and that one is $700.. so I'm in the hole $1000 for a cell phone... Yea......

Sorry. Excrement occurs all the time.

BTW, did you get screwed in the Samsung fiasco? Not exactly Verizon's fault.

Go move some 'trucks' around the yard to pay the balance.

And if I advocated defrauding your beloved employer?

I'd bet your answer would be different.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
So you're also an idiot when dealing with companies you do business with??

How do you manage to tie your shoes with out help?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Actually they do some data mining & analysis to determine that now.
Dunn & Bradstreet and other data vendors offer very robust "data mining and cross referencing" solutions.