Wear gloves and knock with the palm of your hand, not with your knuckles.

My recuperating knuckles and fingers thank you. I was reluctant to try this, because on one of my first days my driver critiqued my knocks as not being loud enough. But so far nothing's been said, so hey, so far so good.

I'm not really happy with the more thud-ish sound though, so I think tomorrow I'll try bringing an old soft plastic toy thing on a wrist strap and knock with it. As long as it isn't hard enough to dent or scratch anything, an doesn't get in the way of carrying stuff, I imagine it should be alright.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My recuperating knuckles and fingers thank you. I was reluctant to try this, because on one of my first days my driver critiqued my knocks as not being loud enough. But so far nothing's been said, so hey, so far so good.

I'm not really happy with the more thud-ish sound though, so I think tomorrow I'll try bringing an old soft plastic toy thing on a wrist strap and knock with it. As long as it isn't hard enough to dent or scratch anything, an doesn't get in the way of carrying stuff, I imagine it should be alright.

Trying using the DIAD rather than your knuckles.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Additional Federal Tax

Sounds like you did not have enough withheld and they were playing "catch up".
That's odd, because it's not calculating towards my totals in the withholding.. it says N/A for the total... Guess I'll just have to keep track and write it in... Thanks.

I've paid over $14,000 in taxes this year between the 3 jobs (wayyyyyy over paid).. going to be a nice return! Can't wait! Usually pay in 6k-7k every year...

AutoZone

BrownPower
Does anyone else take the second to move the packages these Amazon delivery idiots just drop in front of people's doors when they can easily be hidden behind a wall or pillar when you drop off your packages?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Does anyone else take the second to move the packages these Amazon delivery idiots just drop in front of people's doors when they can easily be hidden behind a wall or pillar when you drop off your packages?
Why try and make the competition look good? If they do a bad job then let the customer see that. We hide our parcels out of sight and out of weather which sets us apart from the other delivery companies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes. I try to take care of the customer.

Why try and make the competition look good? If they do a bad job then let the customer see that. We hide our parcels out of sight and out of weather which sets us apart from the other delivery companies.

Why screw the customer because of a lazy courier?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Yes. I try to take care of the customer.

Why screw the customer because of a lazy courier?
I'm not screwing the customer, the lazy courier is. I'm not going to continually fix someone else's mistakes. If I see a newspaper on the sidewalk, I'll pick it up on my way to their door. But if there is a package in an odd spot, I am not going to waste my time moving it when the person should have done their job to begin with.

AutoZone

BrownPower
I don't look at it as making them look good, or better.. I look at it as if I'm dropping off my packages, there's attracted attention and could cause mine to be stolen as well... So I protect my service that way is how I guess I think of it... Make sense?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
We can't get helpers to show up to work!!! Our center wants us doing business till 3, then pick up helpers.... By then the trash they hired for that has either gotten drunk and fell asleep, or is working a day labor job elsewhere.. ups needs to step their game up with these people

They definitely need to be stricter in hiring. They hired you and let you drive.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Then you're probably good... Take the word of the guy you're helping... I do 190 stops 280 packages on average.. takes me about 10 1/2 on average.. have been doing more lately obviously...

So you suck at the job? Our slowest pro union guy does more than that, apartments or not.

You really do suck at being a driver. Expect a DQ after peak and to be blacklisted from TCD.

Can't wait to see your posts about complaining about that happening

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I don't look at it as making them look good, or better.. I look at it as if I'm dropping off my packages, there's attracted attention and could cause mine to be stolen as well... So I protect my service that way is how I guess I think of it... Make sense?
ups can actually discipline you for touching other carriers packages on their time. You're opening yourself up for liability.

You really aren't too bright??