Bokillas

Thanks I just got hired and went from feeder sweeper to fueler. All they told me is I need to know how to drive stick and have a license. I still don't know what I will be driving till next week. Any tips?

JNY

I worked as a seasonal helper in the past. I applied afterwords for the ISR position. I have the final panel interview via web cam in a couple weeks. I would need to relocate out of state at my expense. Is this a solid job? Will I need to undergo another background check even thou they did one as a seasonal helper? Any info from people experienced in this position would help. Not just about the job but about the hiring process as well.

PmB

Let me give it a shot.

Welcome to UPS. You have found the site HR has warned you about. Brown Cafe is a place for UPS employees to gather and share information about the company and to blow off steam. Most people here have been there, done that, got the bad knees to show it. Before asking questions check out the search function. Most issues have been discussed and while it may seem new to you, most of us have heard it all before. If we don't take your concern seriously, relax and join in the fun.

Again, welcome to Big Brown and remember, it's just cardboard.
Hey everyone. I've been reading lots of threads but hoping someone can help sum things up for me. I was a driver helper then this past season a seasonal driver. HR called me last week & said there is a "strong possibility" I would be offered a FT driver position next week. I know this is normally unheard of. If I do get offered a FT driver position can someone explain the next steps? I heard they would send me to school the first week but what next after getting back to my center? Probationary period? Then what if I make it past that does that mean I hit seniority? I'd appreciate any help or insight.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Find out up front exactly which center that you will be assigned too .
The open job could be for any center that your HR covers .

J_Adams86

I started Monday and was given union paper work today and told it was totally optional. I have no idea what the cost are and things of that nature. Obviously my sup isn't in the union so probably not the one to ask. Who do I talk to?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I started Monday and was given union paper work today and told it was totally optional. I have no idea what the cost are and things of that nature. Obviously my sup isn't in the union so probably not the one to ask. Who do I talk to?
Find out who your steward is and ask him.

HardknocksUPSer

You can join after you get your 30 days in, after that, just fill out the union application, and then ask your steward for the address to the local union and send the application to them through the mail. You will know when they get it. 5$ will come out of your paycheck each week, over time as you start to make more money they take a little but more, it's a percentage of overall pay kind of deal. Go meet your steward and get to know him. Goodluck.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you are part-time you would be stupid to join the Union now.
You aren't making much now.
The majority of your dues will be going to support people already making over $30 an hour and working more than 40 hours per week.
5 years from now, if you plan to make UPS a career, join the Union by all means.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can join after you get your 30 days in, after that, just fill out the union application, and then ask your steward for the address to the local union and send the application to them through the mail. You will know when they get it. 5$ will come out of your paycheck each week, over time as you start to make more money they take a little but more, it's a percentage of overall pay kind of deal. Go meet your steward and get to know him. Goodluck.

Union dues are a multiplier of your hourly pay rate, not a percentage.

HardknocksUPSer

If you are part-time you would be stupid to join the Union now.
You aren't making much now.
The majority of your dues will be going to support people already making over $30 an hour and working more than $40 per week.
5 years from now, if you plan to make UPS a career, join the Union by all means.
Not sure how true that is, but what if everyone thought like that?

TacomaWA

Hello. I applied at a place out of state but changed my mind and now I'm just stuck on the interview step in the process and it won't let me fill out any news apps that are in my area. This is frustrating I've been trying to figure this out for days. What gives?

Is there any way to delete this job app(doesn't appear that way) or do I just have to let it expire?

Or do I need to create a new profile? Is that even possible?

I'm a new hire that just recently gained seniority. I've grown tired of loading packages, but I just don't want to quit like most new hires do though. I was wondering how difficult the sorting test is. I'm generally pretty book smart and good with memorizing numbers. Also, if I were to pass this test with flying colors, would they immediately make me a sorter or would they only put me up for consideration to be a sorter? Any tips and advice would be much appreciated.

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
I'm a new hire that just recently gained seniority. I've grown tired of loading packages, but I just don't want to quit like most new hires do though. I was wondering how difficult the sorting test is. I'm generally pretty book smart and good with memorizing numbers. Also, if I were to pass this test with flying colors, would they immediately make me a sorter or would they only put me up for consideration to be a sorter? Any tips and advice would be much appreciated.
That depends on your hub. I was asked if I want to sort a month in to my hire date and didn't take the sort test until about a year later. Good luck!