Forced 20 Minute Break

Oldfart

A district manager, maybe called the managing director, is in charge of everything in the district from Connecticut to Maine.

State and federal laws trump policy.

Upstate: Good guess. FedEx station initials have nothing to do with their locations. BVY is the main Boston station. It handles 20,000 pieces a day in non-peak.
If federal and state laws trump company policy, try carrying a gun on company property and smoke a dobbie in Colorado. The laws says you can but company policy says you can't.

It will be fine

If federal and state laws trump company policy, try carrying a gun on company property and smoke a dobbie in Colorado. The laws says you can but company policy says you can't.
You're some kind of special. Labor law definitely trumps company policy when it comes to allowable break times. Companies can't create a policy that eliminates break times if they are mandated by law. Employees don't have to take them but they must be allowed to if they choose to.

MassWineGuy

Once federal law legalizes marijuana FedEx will be up against it. As for guns, I don't want to work anywhere where people have guns.

McFeely

Huge Member
Upstate: Good guess. FedEx station initials have nothing to do with their locations. BVY is the main Boston station. It handles 20,000 pieces a day in non-peak.

I always thought FedEx initials had initials that match the closest airfield IATA code. I know the 3 stations closest to me all are matches to the local airport code.

Oldfart

Once federal law legalizes marijuana FedEx will be up against it. As for guns, I don't want to work anywhere where people have guns.
Not a Fedex only rule. DOT has a say on pot.

Once? I don't see a Federal legalization of pot anytime soon. Can only hope. In a little under 2 years, I am gonna twist me a fat one up, put on "Song Remains The Same" and relive my earlier years.

MassWineGuy

I always thought FedEx initials had initials that match the closest airfield IATA code. I know the 3 stations closest to me all are matches to the local airport code.

That could well be.

I'm not dying to smoke weed. Coke is nice once in a while. Or was. My job is more important.

W

What The Hawk?

Why? Let me know how you feel when someone starts shooting and the only person who could have stopped the situation the quickest was someone legally carrying a gun. At the Umpqua College shooting, another student was legally carrying and he was forced by staff to not go into action against the shooter even though doing so could have saved lives.

MAKAVELI

Why? Let me know how you feel when someone starts shooting and the only person who could have stopped the situation the quickest was someone legally carrying a gun. At the Umpqua College shooting, another student was legally carrying and he was forced by staff to not go into action against the shooter even though doing so could have saved lives.
Probably because of a liability issue. If that student was allowed to engage in a shootout and was killed, the college would face a lawsuit no doubt.

abused.crr

"Not allowed" and "unable" are completely different.

I'm not "allowed" to keep a handgun locked in a safe under my driver seat, but I am able to. I'm unable to take a handgun into my work because I walk through a metal detector.

We've had several robberies at warehouse parking lots around our ramp. I wonder what I should keep in my safe under my driver seat.

Not allowed and unable, make your own choice

MassWineGuy

Yes. Keep a big gun. Maybe your robber never planned to hurt you until you showed your gun. Maybe you'll be faster to the trigger. Let us know. If possible.

W

What The Hawk?

Yes. Keep a big gun. Maybe your robber never planned to hurt you until you showed your gun. Maybe you'll be faster to the trigger. Let us know. If possible.
I'll just agree to disagree. Its all a matter of opinion. lol