Founders Day. Something's up besides doughnuts

over9five

Staff member
The bad thing is we got an email at work asking us to take a survey about the new slogan and what did we think of the founders day presentation......if only I did not need this job.

LOL. I'm sure they still want your honest opinion.

(and hopefully the survey is anonymous!!!)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Oh goodie!!!!! A new slogan. I hope its better than that "What can Brown do for You?" one. By the way - just what is the latest one?

See what happens when you complain about something.
My hope is that "What can Brown do for You?" will stick in our customer's and the general public's mind until we come out with a new one.
The reaction at work today was mixed.
People seemed to like the song ... at least in the video.
The concept that UPS, and especially the future of UPS, is Logistics is a 10 year old message that still rings true (anybody can pickup and deliver packages).
The new slogan/jingle was received with a lot of furrowed brows and general consternation.

Hopefully, the follow-up advertisements will do something to emphasize logistics and make sense of and bring context to the new slogan.

An advertising campaign is an interesting process and time will tell ... perhaps we can revisit 1 year from now.

Nimnim

The Nim
I think anyone who can go to work Monday and used the word "consternation" in a coherent sentence should be given the day off.

Consternation, I like it. I think I'll have to try using it at work sometime. It's less likely to get me in trouble like ":censored2:rdly" is.

I also wonder if my sort is going to be subjected to the video song. I'll find out in a couple hours I guess.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Still haven't seen that plaque. All I get is a little red x.
That's the plaque.

The bad thing is we got an email at work asking us to take a survey about the new slogan and what did we think of the founders day presentation......if only I did not need this job.
Are you saying you were dishonest?

Consternation, I like it. I think I'll have to try using it at work sometime. It's less likely to get me in trouble like ":censored2:rdly" is.

I also wonder if my sort is going to be subjected to the video song. I'll find out in a couple hours I guess.
Um, did you really just say that? And is that even a word?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My center manager told me he previewed the DVD and was too embarassed to show it to us. He also took the survey and said that he expressed his opinion.

I saw it today. Be thankful that he at least had the sense to not show it. My sup sat in his chair red-faced while we watched it.