Fred Phelps dead at last

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by soberups, Mar 22, 2014.

1. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Sent using BrownCafe App
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

For those who dont recognize the name, he is the piece of excrement who founded the Westboro Church that pickets the funerals of military heroes and tortures their grieving families with hateful, anti-gay propaganda.

The fires of Hell burn a little brighter now.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  3. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Westboro Baptist Church wasn't Baptist nor was it in Westboro. Phelps just used the name as an excuse.
  4. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

I tried, for 2 or 3 minutes, to understand the philosophy of WBC.

I asked myself, "...if, tomorrow, there was no homosexuality anywhere in the world, would soldiers still die?".

The answer is, "yes....that's the nature of war and conflict".

I guess I did better in "Logic and Reasoning 101" in college than some other people.
  5. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

I found it VERY amusing that the family asked for 'privacy' and requested noone picket his funeral
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Really his efforts probably backfired in that they added a very cartoonish face of hatred and intolerance to issues like the gay marriage debate even if it was always somewhat peripheral. Nobody wanted to be even slightly associated with WBC so in that sense it probably increased public acceptance of the gay community.
  7. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

He was so contemptible that even the Christian Right wouldn't claim him. He probably has the suite in Hell next to Hitler.
  8. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

He helped the gay rights movement more than most people realize. That being said.... good riddance, f'ing nutjob.
  9. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

I hope that movement dies off now that he is gone, but I fear not.