Freight re-brand?

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
The freight hub is one route over from my area and I have seen both of those but I have also seen this...

UPS+FREIGHT+DOUBLES+OVERNITE+Transportation+Co.+Trailer,+United+Parcel+Service+Package+Delivery+Company+Double+Truck+Trailers+I-75+Georgia.JPG

And This...

7004050369_75d3e857ed_z.jpg

I mean come on man... How long ago did we buy overnight and still have these crusty looking overnight trailers on the route; not to mention they are being pulled by the old school overnight tractors with the UPS door magnet sign on the side.
Still looks better than YRC's equipment

somebodiesgot

The freight hub is one route over from my area and I have seen both of those but I have also seen this...

UPS+FREIGHT+DOUBLES+OVERNITE+Transportation+Co.+Trailer,+United+Parcel+Service+Package+Delivery+Company+Double+Truck+Trailers+I-75+Georgia.JPG

And This...

7004050369_75d3e857ed_z.jpg

I mean come on man... How long ago did we buy overnight and still have these crusty looking overnight trailers on the route; not to mention they are being pulled by the old school overnight tractors with the UPS door magnet sign on the side.
I see trailers with overnight trucks and trailers that don't even have the freight sticker over them like in the second picture

overallowed

In another thread someone mentioned how easy it will be for them to steal our feeder work now.

Sent using BrownCafe App
The equipment is not compatible. UPS Freight pintle hook is up high, just under the door. Ours is down low, a foot off the ground. Don't get too worked up over something that isn't happening.

QKRSTKR

The equipment is not compatible. UPS Freight pintle hook is up high, just under the door. Ours is down low, a foot off the ground. Don't get too worked up over something that isn't happening.

Sorry if I come off like a jerk, but really? UPS freight tractors can hook any trailer. While the Dolly's they use may not work with UPS trailers, nothing stops them from hooking a set of our trailers. Also nothing stops ups from putting our work in their trailers. It may not be happening, but very easily could.

overallowed

Sorry if I come off like a jerk, but really? UPS freight tractors can hook any trailer. While the Dolly's they use may not work with UPS trailers, nothing stops them from hooking a set of our trailers. Also nothing stops ups from putting our work in their trailers. It may not be happening, but very easily could.
Yes, you do come off like a jerk, but that is just my opinion. The earlier question was our work going to freight drivers. Would you feel differently if their work was coming over to us? I think it is and ice cubes chance in hell of that happening. I have to say I have never seen Fedex's freight tractors pulling FedEx ground trailers, and vice versa. They are separate companies, just like ours. If that ever DID happen, we would be close to the bottom falling out

QKRSTKR

I hear you over allowed, and I agree with you. The post I quoted you on though was simply about the equipment, that's all. Why yes we can't use their Dolly's with our trailers, a tractor is a tractor.

Last year we did have freight drivers working peak with us. I do believe they used our tractors. One day I can see the union allowing them to do our "extra work" or whatever. The union will say better teamsters doing the extra work than subs. Instead of doing the right thing by creating more ups jobs and runs.

Sorry about being a jerk. I was tired.

cobra77

I have to say I have never seen Fedex's freight tractors pulling FedEx ground trailers, and vice versa. They are separate companies, just like ours. If that ever DID happen, we would be close to the bottom falling out
FedEx freight at the end of the year in December when ground is busy FedEx freight put bids on for about 20 days that help ground out. They aka freight guys take there tractors to ground and get there trailers and run a meet in turn.

Last edited: