From Open shop/closed shop to orphans...

BigBrownSanta

That really sux! I sit here all day with nary 10 people online and as soon as I log off to eat dinner, everyone shows and has a snowball fight and I miss it.

It's just not fair I tell you! It's not!

:wink:

BigBrownSanta

It only became so because one poster justifies being a scab by self righteously claiming to do so in order to keep "the blood off his hands" and not pay union dues that *might* support a Democratic candidate that *might* support a woman's right to control her own body.

Someone who was truly a person of principle would simply choose not to work for an employer that, directly or indirectly, suported causes or candidates that conflicted with his beliefs.

There is a guy in my town who, as a protest against the Iraq war and US involvement in the Middle East, refuses to operate a car or buy gasoline. He walks or rides a bike everywhere, carrying a sign as he does so. It is not a choice I would make, but I admire him for standing firm on his principles and being willing to make extreme personal sacrifices in order to do so. This guy might be a bit over the top, but he sure as hell isnt a hypocrite.

Can I throw just one last tiny little teeny weeny snowball?

This person and the original poster are actually similiar rather than opposites. They both are protesting in their own way. They both are still reaping the benefits of the institutions that they are protesting. Neither one chooses to leave the comfort of the institution they are protesting. If the war protester was really sincere, then he should have walked to the US border and crossed to another country that is not nor has been involved in the war.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Some1 by reading your posts you believe the government can tell a woman what to do with her body even against her will!

But this same government would be violating laws by forcing you to join a union in order to work!

Really which is more hypocritical?

some1else

Banned
Some1 by reading your posts you believe the government can tell a woman what to do with her body even against her will!

But this same government would be violating laws by forcing you to join a union in order to work!

Really which is more hypocritical?

are you comparing killing an unborn child with refusing to pay a union so that i can work for a company?

some1else

Banned
They both are protesting in their own way. They both are still reaping the benefits of the institutions that they are protesting. Neither one chooses to leave the comfort of the institution they are protesting. If the war protester was really sincere, then he should have walked to the US border and crossed to another country that is not nor has been involved in the war.

exactly; suppose you say you support unions. it is tue night at 1130 and you preggo wife wants ice cream. union grocery is closed and you go to 7-11 24hr connivance store. big deal you are still a union supporter.

protesting is not always an ultimatum. most people including myself are not willing to go to 100% extremes (which is a good thing). but you can shop union (when possible) and i will not give the union 1$ that goes to candidates that support abortion. just because we are not going to extremes does not mean we do not support our respective causes

as i said above if the union offers to allow me to be a financial core dues payer, and i am sufficiently convinced that i am not being used to further unrelated political causes; i would be happy to comply. but the union fights tooth and nail against this

705red

Browncafe Steward
are you comparing killing an unborn child with refusing to pay a union so that i can work for a company?

Your the one that said you wont join because the teamsters support democrats in general because of the pro choice views. The government gives you that right but then you want the governement to tell 14 year old vicky who was gang raped by a bunch of savages that were over the age of 18 that she must have the baby.

***************** And I bet right now you really do wish that you were some1else!

You stated that people were looking to adobt children that look like them! Is that why white americans are flocking to china?

Last edited by a moderator:

705red

Browncafe Steward
What happens if one day your out delivering a route for ups and you happen to have a delivery for an abortion clinic? What does your beliefs have you do? Do you deliver it against your beliefs? Or do you take a chance on losing your job for your beliefs?

rod

Retired 22 years
This outta seriously piss off some1............. I'm pro-choice and not you nor anyone else is going to tell me what I can and cannot do when it comes to my body. You can go jump off a bridge.

Pro-choice is the answer. It always amazes me the the MOST radical pro lifers are always men. Men- stay out of it and let the women decide--after all it's their bodies. :peaceful: P.S. Thank God for Unions. I have yet to tell anyone that I was able to retire at 53 with a great pension and medical benifits for both me and my wife and not have them turn green with envy.

some1else

Banned
you want the governement to tell 14 year old vicky who was gang raped by a bunch of savages that were over the age of 18 that she must have the baby.

again the same tired argument. do you know what proportion of abortions are rape related?
the real issue is on-demand abortions; with few exceptions abortions are used as a means of birth control. since the "womens liberation movement" this has become necessary so women can vacate their traditional roles and become "equal." the cost? approx. 45 million aborted fetus's-- imagine that pile of "tissue" from the womens body in your backyard.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Pro-choice is the answer. It always amazes me the the MOST radical pro lifers are always men. Men- stay out of it and let the women decide--after all it's their bodies. :peaceful:
The way i look at it if i cant tell my wife what to do with her body when i want something and she doesnt, the government sure isnt going to! Unless it benefits me!:happy-very:

some1else

Banned
What happens if one day your out delivering a route for ups and you happen to have a delivery for an abortion clinic? What does your beliefs have you do? Do you deliver it against your beliefs? Or do you take a chance on losing your job for your beliefs?

i wouldnt not deliver to them and i wont loose my job for that.
again read title VII

some1else

Banned
Imagine that many people living in your neighborhood. You speak of womens rights being the cause. Maybe we should make them wear burkas like the taliban?

thats exactly what planned parenthoods founders thought. they even specifically targeted those that alot of people considered especially undesirable in their 'hood (black ones).

womens rights is the cause. contraceptive is not 100% and in order to let women operate in their newfound roles abortion is necessary.

705red

Browncafe Steward
thats exactly what planned parenthoods founders thought. they even specifically targeted those that alot of people considered especially undesirable in their 'hood (black ones).

womens rights is the cause. contraceptive is not 100% and in order to let women operate in their newfound roles abortion is necessary.

now please explain a little more, what new found roles?