FT Driver got a DUI last night

ups138518

In 1997 i was delivering residentials in a fully brick loaded 10 cube and i was hit by drunk driver. Needless to say, he lost, his nissan sentra was cut in half.young child in car was cut up badly.:angry:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im proud of you too, upsrwife. Its a tough job. I agree drunks should be off the road.
But I still think the majority of us can have a drink and safely go home. But I have seen the drunks who insist they can drive, when its obvious they cant. I might have been one of those ions ago. Keep fighting the good fight:smart:

DS

Fenderbender
upsrwife,I'm not sure if you've visited any similar forums other than this one but from what I've seen,ours is much easier to take.Although we try to keep it somewhat respectable.You seem to think of us as cynical
in here.Anyone can post in here and believe me we've had some real
muffinheads in here in the past that were being less than honest .By the
way,when I refer to the BC as "ours",I meant all of us.It is a great way to interact with other upsers (and thier wives),and exchange opinions.
So when you've been posting here awhile,and following the threads ,
maybe you too think of it as "your" boards,and you too can opinionate
when something smells fishy.or offer advice to the downtrodden.
Don't take it so personel,your reputation is remembered and respected.

2Slow

Imagine for a moment that a guy had a couple of drinks and then went down to some public place, say the city park. When he got there, he put on a blindfold, pulled out a handgun and fired off a few rounds in random directions. Would this be acceptable to anyone? What if the park was pretty deserted?

Why am I writing such a bizzare scenario? I think it really sums up what drunk driving is... Taking pot shots at innocent people with a deadly weapon.

We as a society should be much harder on drunk driving. I believe we should have true zero tolerance; 0.01 gets jail time.

How many people die in our country every year due to drunk driving? A hell of a lot more than the terrorists ever killed, yet we do very little about it.

rod

Retired 22 years
We as a society should be much harder on drunk driving. I believe we should have true zero tolerance; 0.01 gets jail time.

Are you for real? I have always been told that a human will always register something on the alcohol scale depending on what he has had to eat etc. Why do I get the feeling that you belong to the "let's ban everything club"? Yes I know I said I was done posting on this subject but I couldn't stand by and let 2slows comment slide by.

Last edited:

HazMatMan

Im proud of you too, upsrwife. Its a tough job. I agree drunks should be off the road.
But I still think the majority of us can have a drink and safely go home. But I have seen the drunks who insist they can drive, when its obvious they cant. I might have been one of those ions ago. Keep fighting the good fight:smart:
"The majority of us can have a drink and safely go home?" What about the person who has just one more drink, and then WHACK, accident OR gets pulled over????? Why chance it?? Drink at home, or have a designated driver...Sorry if I sound like a prude, but your way is how accidents happen...

2Slow

Are you for real? I have always been told that a human will always register something on the alcohol scale depending on what he has had to eat etc. Why do I get the feeling that you belong to the "let's ban everything club"? Yes I know I said I was done posting on this subject but I couldn't stand by and let 2slows comment slide by.

I have no idea if that is true about humans always registering something... If so, then I suppose that is worth discussing.

As to me, you are wrong. I'm actually quite libertarian in my viewpoints in general. I couldn't care less what a person wishes to do at home, or who they wish to do it with.
But... when people drive while impaired on any kind of drug, they are risking innocent people's lives. A lot of people die on our roads. All kinds of people, kids, parents, etc... I find this unacceptable. I do not care if it is inconvenient to not drink at the bar, get a cab and save a life. The people I love are out on those roads, I believe we should be very, very tough on impaired drivers.

So feel free to stay home. smoke crack, drink whisky and have gay prostitutes, or whatever makes you happy. (Please keep the blinds closed so I don't have to watch) I fully support your right to kill yourself in whatever manner you like, except when you risk the lives of the people I love. Drinking and driving should get prison time on the first offence, just like shooting a gun off randomly in the park would.