Funeral Documentation

Renee63

When do u have to show proof that your parent passed they did not accept the death certificate nor the paperwork the funeral home type I had to go get a birth certificate an my father name was not on it went to the child support office an had to show my paternity papers with my father name an mines on it crazy is this legal

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
They must not li
When do u have to show proof that your parent passed they did not accept the death certificate nor the paperwork the funeral home type I had to go get a birth certificate an my father name was not on it went to the child support office an had to show my paternity papers with my father name an mines on it crazy is this legal
They must not like you
Call a lawyer and find out first calls usually free

Renee63

Ok I’ve need heard or seen this happened to nobody I was told By another driver when his grandfather passed he printed out the Obituary an got payed didn’t have his name on it

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
And now a Wallation™:

What constitutes as proof in regards to covered funeral pay as outlined in the current UPS-Teamsters labor agreement?

In my case, the company did not accept as proof what I thought to be the death certificate of my parent. They also rejected the paperwork from the funeral home.

My circumstances may be different than most as I am the bastard son of my pappy, my last name being different. Ultimately, records from the governmental Child Support agency were required to prove lineage.

This genetic hoop jumping seems absurd? I ask you, are these demands legal?

upschuck

An obituary is usually what is needed around these parts. Of, course, it has to have your name on it as a descendant.

Last time, I didn't have to show them anything, they just believed me.

Wally

An obituary is usually what is needed around these parts. Of, course, it has to have your name on it as a descendant.

Last time, I didn't have to show them anything, they just believed me.
Are step children included in covered pay?

My guess is the center manager got burned previously due to the "Juan Epstein" syndrome.

upschuck

My guess is the center manager got burned previously due to the "Juan Epstein" syndrome.
With paternity papers, they make it sound as a blood parent. Would think obituaries would have all legal offspring, idk.

542thruNthru

They are where I am... I apologize that the east coast sucks. ;)
Screenshot_20220710-151129_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Ok I’ve need heard or seen this happened to nobody I was told By another driver when his grandfather passed he printed out the Obituary an got payed didn’t have his name on it
Yeah, from what I understand that's how its normally done. They are harassing you, nothing in the the contract states your name has to be listed in a obituary, you could be a step child and not listed at all.

Have you gotten your steward involved?

Wally

Yeah, from what I understand that's how its normally done. They are harassing you, nothing in the the contract states your name has to be listed in a obituary, you could be a step child and not listed at all.

Have you gotten your steward involved?
A step child is from a legal marriage. Nothing harassing about seeking proof.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
A step child is from a legal marriage. Nothing harassing about seeking proof.
Some people don't do obituaries or may not list kids at all.

This is clearly a biological parent since the OP mentioned the child support settlement

There is nothing in the contract that says documentation is required. There is privacy issues with that, some low level sup at UPS is not entitled to view employee birth certificates, family history, court orders ETC.

Unless this emoyee is claiming their father died twice or something like that there is no reason to suspect fraud. Just pay the two days and move on. If there is reason to suspect fraud then the manager should get loss prevention involved and have a steward present.

Last edited: