Gas Prices

Nimnim

The Nim
Just a bit to add to this, yes the tax on gas is supposed to go towards road maintenance, but the companies that do the work to maintain the road factor in the cost of the gas they need to do their work so every time the tax raises the cost of fuel so does the cost the companies require to maintain.

oldngray

nowhere special
3adbc2151f327c35.jpg

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
gasprices.jpg

I've posted this before, but to all the people who said GW was all about oil, look what happens when some one gets into the presidency that doesn't care about oil at all.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I had to gas up my Mini.......only do it every other month or so, but it's suppose to have 91 octane and it was $4.57 at my station.

raceanoncr

Yesterday, gas for the Camaro was $3.36. With regional store gas card, $0.44 off brot it to under $3.00. What a bargain! It doesn't matter that I only pay 3 times as much for groceries...it's still a bargain, right?

wkmac

View attachment 12569
I've posted this before, but to all the people who said GW was all about oil, look what happens when some one gets into the presidency that doesn't care about oil at all.

The price we pay at the pump, up or down, is far more complex than any one man or woman, holding a specific elected office.

Just one single case among dozens and dozens if one bothers to take a few minutes and look.

Petrol price hike feared as Opec forecasts rising oil demands

wkmac

BTW: If you do bother to search and read, you'll also find info saying that as a result of actions now, prices will drop in the summer months.

So who will get the credit (or blame) for that?

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Drop" is a relative term.

I post the price out here to show that the Nt'l average of $3.67 is a fairy tale for us.

I don't care the reasons for the rise or fall.......Let's all pay the same......$3.00 or $4 a gallon.....pick one, I don't care which!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I post the price out here to show that the Nt'l average of $3.67 is a fairy tale for us.

I don't care the reasons for the rise or fall.......Let's all pay the same......$3.00 or $4 a gallon.....pick one, I don't care which!!!

You are so desperate to blame obama, you continue to leave out the taxes in our state. We CANT all pay the same in the country because of taxes.

Your republican Arnold Swarzenegger signed into law, an act that taxes OIL in our state and that law states that a specific amount of money has to be raised through taxes and despite the decline in oil consumption in our state, the taxes continue to GO UP to cover that specific amount.

If you want to complain about prices in california, then blame that.

Right now, the price at the pump has NOTHING to do with consumption or supply. The traders are trading higher because of the conflict in UKRAINE. Of course, we know this has nothing to do with us, yet, because we allow oil to be traded as a commodity they can raise or lower the price for whatever stupid reason they want to.

As for BUSH, lets be serious. The traders under BUSH took oil to 150 dollars a barrel and held it there for YEARS having the price of oil near 5 bucks CRUSHING the us economy. 5 months before the 2008 election, the traders attempted to influence the election and help the GOP by reducing the cost of a barrel of oil to 33 bucks. Every year after that, they have raised it back to 100-ish as their new standard.

OPEC has already stated that its the US GREEDY stock market that is forcing the price of oil higher, and they would be completely satisfied with oil at 70 dollars a barrel.

OUR greedy wall street is the cause of the rise in oil and until we do something about it, we will always be at the mercy of the oil companies in this country.

TOS.

wkmac

So you are demanding the rest of us subsidize a choice you freely made and refuse to change?

And how again do you and Obama differ?

You might do well to study economics and market action so as to better underst....never mind, I just remembered who I was talking too.

rod

Retired 22 years
Big oil wrote the book on price gouging. They are all a bunch of crooks. As far as I'm concerned we chould go back to steam powered cars using coal as a heat source and it wouldn't bother me a bit.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The price we pay at the pump, up or down, is far more complex than any one man or woman, holding a specific elected office.

Just one single case among dozens and dozens if one bothers to take a few minutes and look.

Petrol price hike feared as Opec forecasts rising oil demands
One man/woman can have a huge effect on the price Americans pay at he pump.
One man/woman can open up huge areas of federal land for oil exploration and development.
One man/woman can let pipelines be built that will allow the transportation of oil freely across our lands.
One man/woman can effect the price all citizens and businesses pay for fuel for their vehicles.

If you don't think one man or woman can make a difference, you have already given up, or don't understand the power of the presidency.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you don't think one man or woman can make a difference, you have already given up, or don't understand the power of the presidency.
Seems like you and most other Americans are the ones who don't understand how limited the powers of the president were meant to be.... or maybe I've just given up. I'll admit it I'm pretty close. Both parties are a joke, and my third party votes seem to be nothing more than an exercise in futility.