Gay marriage ban struck down in california

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

In my town, CHICK fil A is being boycotted for this position. The drive through line is always empty and the dinning area mostly empty.

It started out great when it was first built, but when its position on gay marriage and homosexuality arose, the restaurant began to suffer. I personally hope it shuts down.

Our community is not going to tolerate this kind of bigotry.

Peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Gee tos, this is the best kind of bigotry I have ever seen.
In a new interview with the Baptist Press, Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy -- the son of company founder S. Truett Cathy -- addresses what the publication describes as his franchise's "support of the traditional family."
Cathy's somewhat glib response: "Well, guilty as charged."
He went on to note, "We are very much supportive of the family -- the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that...we know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles."
"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,' and I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about," Cathy said .

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This restaurant is scheduled to open in the city I live in. Thanks for posting this article, now I KNOW I won't patronizing this chain. Besides that, I don't eat greasy fast food anyway
Never eaten there (because I share your opinion of greasy fast food), but now I've got one more reason to encourage others to stay out of there as well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We went to one while I was visiting my daughter and what's-his-name in North Carolina. The food is pretty good (for fast food) but I would never step foot in one again.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The owners of Chick Fil A have every right to their personal opinions regarding gay marriage, and to express those opinions publicly.

The public, in return, has every right to express their opinions by choosing whether or not to patronize Chick Fil A restraunts.

We dont have any Chick Fil A restraunts in Oregon, but if one ever opens here I will certainly never set foot in it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I deliver to some Cathy family members, including his son. I delivered a box addressed to "S. Truett Cathy" a month ago, so I suspect that he moved to the subdivision next to his son. Very nice and generous people, all of them. I have heard Truett speak a couple of times, he usually talks about hard work, his personal story, and being a good husband and father while raising your family. He has personally sponsored over two hundred foster kids. He is a Southern Baptist that does not drink alcohol, curse, and is amazingly generous with his wealth.

Any boycott of his restaurants will probably backfire and increase his business because of the free publicity. He simply makes a good chicken sandwich and strongly believes in giving his customers the best service he can. To the people who talk of a boycott, I will bet that you have no idea about the personal beliefs of the owners of most of the businesses you spend your money at every day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I deliver to some Cathy family members, including his son. I delivered a box addressed to "S. Truett Cathy" a month ago, so I suspect that he moved to the subdivision next to his son. Very nice and generous people, all of them. I have heard Truett speak a couple of times, he usually talks about hard work, his personal story, and being a good husband and father while raising your family. He has personally sponsored over two hundred foster kids. He is a Southern Baptist that does not drink alcohol, curse, and is amazingly generous with his wealth.

Any boycott of his restaurants will probably backfire and increase his business because of the free publicity. He simply makes a good chicken sandwich and strongly believes in giving his customers the best service he can. To the people who talk of a boycott, I will bet that you have no idea about the personal beliefs of the owners of most of the businesses you spend your money at every day.

Its nice of him to personally sponsor over 200 foster kids. Did he ask all 200 of them whether or not they were gay before agreeing to sponsor them?

As far as the personal beliefs of the owners of other businesses that I spend my money at...their personsal beliefs are none of my concern. If, however, they choose to announce those beliefs publicly, then I will respond accordingly in terms of whether or not I will continue to patronize them with my money.

browndevil

You are right. I have no idea of a company's personal beliefs until they make them public. He just did. So once again, thank you.
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, not only because I was born and raised here, but I chose to stay here because of the over all region's belief and tolerance system. That is why they make chocolate and vanilla:-)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had an armed robbery at our local Walgreens a few weeks ago. The perp wore a hoodie, sunglasses and a baseball hat. Another locally owned pharmacy has since instituted a policy in which anyone wearing a hoodie, sunglasses and a baseball hat will be asked to remove those upon entering the store. There has been much discussion in our local newspaper's version of BC (Speakout) about whether the policy is a valid one or not and a few have even said that they would boycott the store simply because of the new policy. Nothing about the store itself has changed yet people who have never worn a hoodie, sunglasses and baseball hat now refuse to shop there.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We had an armed robbery at our local Walgreens a few weeks ago. The perp wore a hoodie, sunglasses and a baseball hat. Another locally owned pharmacy has since instituted a policy in which anyone wearing a hoodie, sunglasses and a baseball hat will be asked to remove those upon entering the store. There has been much discussion in our local newspaper's version of BC (Speakout) about whether the policy is a valid one or not and a few have even said that they would boycott the store simply because of the new policy. Nothing about the store itself has changed yet people who have never worn a hoodie, sunglasses and baseball hat now refuse to shop there.

You mean steal there? :wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
We don't have any Chick-fil-A's where I live but everytime I vist Texas I make it a point to eat there. All I know is they have delicious chicken-smiling employees-great service and a spotless buildings. That isall that counts to me. They are closed on Sundays also--which has bummed me out a couple of times. As far as that drugstores "hoodie" ban goes I have never liked the "gangster" look anyway. Anyone who would walk around in 90+ degree heat wearing a sweatshirt with the hood pulled over their head has to be on the "goofy" list away way. I doubt if Chic-fil-A's stand on marriage will hurt their business (except maybe in the land of fruits and nuts)---actually the free advertising will probably help them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
OOPS !!!!!

While gay activists have staged boycotts of the chain since then, expenditure records at Political Moneyline show that on June 29, 2012 Obama for America spent $62 at Chick-fil-A in Atlanta, Ga.