Gender discrimination at U.P.S.?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am certain that at some point, somewhere, a woman at UPS did in fact get preferential treatment because of her gender.

The only foolproof solution I can think of would be to live in a world free of women which means no babies, gross bathrooms and nothing but gay sex.

No thanks, I would prefer to live in a world with women in it...and since, as a whole, women in the working world still earn less on average than men do and still have to put up with sexual harassment and losing time from work to bear and raise our children, I think I will avoid acting like a victim if I ever wind up with a couple more irregs than the woman with the route next to mine.

Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There are 3 super extended rural routes in my building that female drivers are pretty much excluded from simply because there arent any public restrooms on them.

As a guy, I have never had to ask some creepy customer out in the middle of nowhere if I could go in their house and use their bathroom. I have also never had to deal with obnoxious customers hitting on me or making inappropriate comments about my ass or my boobs or the fact that I am overweight. Nor have I ever had to try to do this job while pregnant, or recovering from childbirth. As an added bonus, I have spent my career using equipment that was designed for men by other men. Ever seen a short woman trying to climb in and out of a P-600 package car 200 times a day? Its hard enough if you are a man.

There are lots of challenges facing me as a man working at UPS but being treated unfairly due to my gender isnt one of them.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

I have also never had to deal with obnoxious customers hitting on me or making inappropriate comments about my ass or my boobs
I've had women and gay guys talk about my legs and butt. I take it as a compliment and move on. It makes my day. I know they aren't getting anything so it bothers me not. It is all in the attitude.

And about the overweight comments, women makes those too, they are just tactful enough to make them after said person has left. We make comments here about the feeder forty/fifty all the time. Not saying that it is right, but we live in a world of inconsiderate people, and how you react is your decision, not someone else's.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/jane-union-special-treatment.354416/
Here ya go. Yes we get special treatment. My coffee is in the cup holder, warm and steaming every morning, my truck is started so it will warm up. My truck is spotless, my windshield clean, all packages light, and I never EVER work over 8 hrs. I get more paid days, and I call off at least 3 times a month, and no one says a word.
They order me special under armour, I get my choice of routes, always take the one with nothing but hummingbirds and butterflies all day long. No crazy heavy pick ups, or bulk stops. Nothing ever over 70.
If it is too hot, or too cold or if God forbid there is a snow storm, they just call me and tell me to stay home. I have never, EVER missed a special event, because I am a woman and I cannot be deprived.
I only achieved 19 yrs of safe driving because I hardly ever work. When I pull my truck in at night, someone takes if from me, cleans it, unloads my air, puts fuel in it, puts a mint on my dashboard, and does my check in. Has my personal vehicle warming up, or cooling off and I simply get out of my work vehicle and get shuttled to my vehicle.
Life is good when you are a female at UPS.
To add to tonertoo brilliant satirical post.....Oh let me tell you how fabulous it is to be a female on preload. I show up whenever time I want (center manager just clocks me in at start time, even if I'm still home sleeping) and the first 20 min of my shift is coffee time and touch up my makeup. I don't even really load trucks, I just stack piles and have my own personal assistant load the packages. I used to peel the PAL labels for him but they just ruined my manicure! When I get tired of making piles, I sit on my slide and post on BC for an hour or two. I never touch an irreg or an overweight...in fact, I can't even lift more than 20 lbs, nor would I be expected to because you know, I have breasts..
By 7am, my center manager does a Dunkin donuts run just for the two of us (center manager is a woman) and we sit in her office and chat and rate the male drivers in the center in terms of who has the cutest ass.
Now it's around 8am, the drivers are coming in....so I go perform several sexual favors, which vary depending on the day of the week. This is probably the only time of the shift where I actually might break a sweat...it's so dirty and stuffy in the back of the PC's. My reward, besides the satisfaction of a job well done is bagels or donuts provided by the serviced drivers. And naturally, tips are appreciated. Oh look, preload's finally wrapped...time to go home!

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Oh let me tell you how fabulous it is to have breats on preload. I show up whenever time I want, and the first 20 min of my shift is coffee time. I don't even really load trucks, I just stack piles and have my own personal assistant load the packages. I used to peel the PAL labels for him but they just ruined my manicure! I never touch an irreg or an overweight...in fact, I can't even lift more than 20 lbs, nor would I be expected to because I missing a key anatomical part between my legs.
By 7am, my center manager does a Dunkin donuts run just for the two of us (center manager is a woman) and we sit in her office andchat and rate the male drivers in the center in terms of who has the cutest ass.
Now it's around 8am, the drivers are coming in....so I have to go perform several sexual favors, which vary depending on the day of the week. This is probably the only time of the shift where I actually might break a sweat...it's so dirty and stuffy in the back of the PC's. My reward, besides the satisfaction of a job well done is bagels or donuts provided by the serviced drivers. Oh look, preload's finally wrapped...time to go home!
Show us your breats!!!!
One time!!!!

10 point

Oh let me tell you how fabulous it is to be a female on preload. I show up whenever time I want (center manager just clocks me in at start time, even if I'm still home sleeping) and the first 20 min of my shift is coffee time and touch up my makeup. I don't even really load trucks, I just stack piles and have my own personal assistant load the packages. I used to peel the PAL labels for him but they just ruined my manicure! When I get tired of making piles, I sit on my slide and post on BC for an hour or two. I never touch an irreg or an overweight...in fact, I can't even lift more than 20 lbs, nor would I be expected to because you know, I have breasts..
By 7am, my center manager does a Dunkin donuts run just for the two of us (center manager is a woman) and we sit in her office and chat and rate the male drivers in the center in terms of who has the cutest ass.
Now it's around 8am, the drivers are coming in....so I go perform several sexual favors, which vary depending on the day of the week. This is probably the only time of the shift where I actually might break a sweat...it's so dirty and stuffy in the back of the PC's. My reward, besides the satisfaction of a job well done is bagels or donuts provided by the serviced drivers. Oh look, preload's finally wrapped...time to go home!
Did you used to be an OMS?

I've had women and gay guys talk about my legs and butt. I take it as a compliment and move on. It makes my day. I know they aren't getting anything so it bothers me not. It is all in the attitude.

And about the overweight comments, women makes those too, they are just tactful enough to make them after said person has left. We make comments here about the feeder forty/fifty all the time. Not saying that it is right, but we live in a world of inconsiderate people, and how you react is your decision, not someone else's.
You do have a nice butt!...lol

10 point

quote="bleedinbrown58, post: 1296315, member: 46975"]I'm like Lay's potato chips....betcha can't have just one! Or was that Wise? I can't remember.[/quote]

I don't think that's where they got their name from..:shesaidsmiley:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I took a mental health day today. Maybe they will fix my sirius satellite radio, and my Coleman freezer/grill are not up to par.
Also I had dirty hands from the one shelf that had dirt on it, wth do they want me to do, get dirty??????????. ICCK.
And they gave me two stops the other day, and I had to wait while someone came to the door. Can you imagine, me a woman? Having to wait for some filthy dock worker, to let ME in???? That was it, two days off was not enough to recover from someone making ME wait! I think I will have ptsd from that geesh, the nerve.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What the hell is a breat and why should I show them to you?
Show You my breats? Heck no.
With my recent breast augmentation, Im not ready to bare them yet, and I have not received my new affliction Tanks and t shirts from twin hill. I must first take an unscheduled 4 weeks off to further recoup, the first four were just not enough. What the heck, treat me like a man, who gets a vasectomy and is back in a week???? Surely you jest. The intolerance of it all.
And come on these pants from twin hill, yeah right, I have to update from size 26 inch waist to 34 to find ones that fit? Not in my world. Better call Chicos and get my new ones asap.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I've noticed that women that want "special" treatment usually don't last long as drivers. They either quit when a female sup calls them on their b.s. or the get promoted into mgt. The women I work with are some of the most professional service oriented drivers out there.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Only if you work at Hooters.
fullsize_3.jpg
Apparently not necessarily....lol