General President's health failing?

10 point

I have to believe also that there were many people who fell victim to the hard sell from the union and were not provided all of the details to make an educated decision.
We now have to travel over an hour one way to get blood work done "in network".
The "mirrored plan" is obviously broken.

Some are heroes because their plan got better. Perspective is a fickle thing.

One driver here just got a bill for rejected blood work coverage that will cost him $900.00 out of pocket.

Two full timers complained last week that not only was their past "in network" providers (locally) rejecting TeamCare but when one called TeamCare to get another provider located the person on the phone was rude and talked down to him like he was an ignorant problem. I know this guy. He doesn't get upset easily and he's a pretty factual person.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Are you saying that if you were appointed you would feel a little obligated to fall in line and do as told,but if you were elected you can do whatever you feel is right.
I'm saying that if I were to accept an appointment, I get to decide if the fit is right, rather than the voters.
If I run with a slate and win in a split, I would feel obliged to fulfill the term.
I would strive to "do whatever I feel is right" in either scenario.
.....or you just want to win an election so nobody can say it was given to you and not earned
I don't look at it that way.
Whether elected or appointed, you were recognized as capable, and that reputation is "earned" through a body of work.

10 point

It's easier to grandstand when the current in your local keeps your boats docked.

Rowing against the wind and waves takes alot more strength and resolve.

It's better to have been counted with the outcasts that did their best to fight for what's right than to be telling folks what to do from a position of safety.

We kill the wounded on here. Great Brotherhood we have.

10 point

I'd like to think we toughen them for bigger battles than chat room skirmishes...
If this was all anonymous. True.
It's mostly personal in this case...

as usual.

It's not apples to apples either.
Never has been and may never be. But if certain posters would use the PM function to correct and encourage others instead of using this forum as a personal weapon I could say that it's iron sharpening iron and not a vindictive issue.

Last edited:

Inthegame

If this was all anonymous. True.
It's mostly personal in this case...

as usual.

It's not apples to apples either.
Never has been and may never be. But if certain posters would use the PM function to correct and encourage others instead of using this forum as a personal weapon I could say that it's iron sharpening iron and not a vindictive issue.
It takes every kinda people...

Irishman Collins

In my opinion, I love that there are different feelings about our current leadership. Although, on this particular matter I believe I and others are spot on.
Also, I don't dislike anyone on here that has a different opinion than mine. In fact, I appreciate people who stand up for what they believe in.
Although personal attacks seem to be something that runs rapid on this group. Myself included. Strong personalities usually mean strong opinions. I have learned to look past all that, mostly, and realize that we are all part of a fraternity and when I get fuming mad over a comment. I always try to come back to that.
So in saying that. I would like to wish Lead Belly, Bug, In the game and anyone else who doesn't agree with my opinions a Great Sunday and God Bless.
In closing, I do look forward to getting back in the media ring, with all of you, but understand this. Even though we are beating each other up. If any of you were in desperate need, as a Teamster Brother I would do anything I could to help.

Also, I don't dislike anyone on here that has a different opinion than mine. In fact, I appreciate people who stand up for what they believe in.
Although personal attacks seem to be something that runs rapid on this group. Myself included. Strong personalities usually mean strong opinions. I have learned to look past all that, mostly, and realize that we are all part of a fraternity and when I get fuming mad over a comment. I always try to come back to that.
So in saying that. I would like to wish Lead Belly, Bug, In the game and anyone else who doesn't agree with my opinions a Great Sunday and God Bless.
In closing, I do look forward to getting back in the media ring, with all of you, but understand this. Even though we are beating each other up. If any of you were in desperate need, as a Teamster Brother I would do anything I could to help.
This forum is not the real world it's a chat room. Being personally attacked here is right up there with sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me. I hope for health for you and your loved ones but I'm not here to be mr. Nice guy. For anyone whos feelings that are hurt put the phone/tablet/computer in a drawer.

Revised

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That's quite a sense of entitlement you've got there Bug. It's been some time since I've seen a union official with the attitude of the British Royal Family. Reminds me of the GEB of the 1980's.

You're confusing confidence with arrogance.

I know where I've been, and what I've done.

Dedication, doesn't come without a price. Both personally, and professionally.

"Some" of us do it for the benefit of the members, and all the right reasons.

It's easy to identify.... who the opportunist are.

-Bug-

Brown Spider

-Bug-

I would hope that you would know where you've been and what you've done. That however, gives you no insight into where anyone else here has been or what they have done. As to any confusion between confidence and arrogance, it's just not that difficult Bug. Arrogance often telegraphs itself with a condescending attitude and a great deal of pontificating. Sound at all familiar? I'm pretty sure that there are Teamsters on here that have been doing it for "all the right reasons" for a helluva lot longer than you have...and without patting themselves on the back at every opportunity.

One more thing about arrogance. An arrogant Bug is nothing more than a cocky roach.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

-Bug-
Do it for the benefit of the members?

You saint.

I didn't know you refused to be well compensated for you work.

Irishman Collins

This forum is not the real world it's a chat room. Being personally attacked here is right up there with sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me. I hope for health for you and your loved ones but I'm not here to be mr. Nice guy. For anyone whos feelings that are hurt put the phone/tablet/computer in a drawer.

Revised
Thanks for that fabulous insight. The whole time, I was thinking this was the real world. Lol!

10 point

There's all kinds of personalities on here.
Some posters actually know some of the people here and use it as a personal jab session. I know one here, and in my case, it's not -Bug-.

In the end truth always prevails and the fools are shown as such no matter how long it takes.

Alpha males on a forum are normally good entertainment.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I would hope that you would know where you've been and what you've done. That however, gives you no insight into where anyone else here has been or what they have done. As to any confusion between confidence and arrogance, it's just not that difficult Bug. Arrogance often telegraphs itself with a condescending attitude and a great deal of pontificating. Sound at all familiar? I'm pretty sure that there are Teamsters on here that have been doing it for "all the right reasons" for a helluva lot longer than you have...and without patting themselves on the back at every opportunity.

You certainly have a right to an opinion.

One more thing about arrogance. An arrogant Bug is nothing more than a cocky roach.

touché

That's pretty funny. Kind of witty.

Do it for the benefit of the members?

You saint.

I didn't know you refused to be well compensated for your work.

Well compensated ? That's a contentious point.

Most elected officials would rather be paid by the hour + overtime. Then, it might balance out.

How many do you know, that haven't been divorced ? (kind of like a UPS driver)

It is, what it is.

Alpha males on a forum are normally good entertainment.

Why else.... would we be here ? :biggrin:

-Bug-