George W. Bush

UPS Lifer

...I'm a HUGE fan of Clinton. The economy was better in the 90's since the end of WW2, the Federal Budget was balanced and a surplus was handed to George W Bush who in 2 terms very nearly bankrupted the country...
This isnt blaming Bush,rather stating the fact damage his administration caused ran so deep that it will take that many years to see signifigant gains

Nobody on the left seems to remember 9/11. The terrorists were extremely successful in their attempt to take this country and collapse it to the knees.

How many days did we have to stop ALL air travel in this country? Let's also not forget that the entire country, which includes people of opposite political views, got behind the President to establish the safe guards needed to pursue the invisible enemy.

I will repeat this again and again, WE WERE AT WAR, WE ARE AT WAR. We are lucky that the economy did not implode right after 9/11. It should have.

The only thing that Obama has done right, was to keep most of those Bush war policies in place and that is only because it is necessary even today to do so.

And if GW "very nearly bankrupted the country" what the hell is happening right now?

We had the right man and right team in place when this war started. Unfortunately we will never know what kind of a peace time President he would have made.

The only reason the 2nd great depression lasted so long is we have an administration who is unfriendly toward business and is more concerned about politics than this country's recovery.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Nobody on the left seems to remember 9/11. The terrorists were extremely successful in their attempt to take this country and collapse it to the knees.

How many days did we have to stop ALL air travel in this country? Let's also not forget that the entire country, which includes people of opposite political views, got behind the President to establish the safe guards needed to pursue the invisible enemy.

I will repeat this again and again, WE WERE AT WAR, WE ARE AT WAR. We are lucky that the economy did not implode right after 9/11. It should have.

The only thing that Obama has done right, was to keep most of those Bush war policies in place and that is only because it is necessary even today to do so.

And if GW "very nearly bankrupted the country" what the hell is happening right now?

We had the right man and right team in place when this war started. Unfortunately we will never know what kind of a peace time President he would have made.

The only reason the 2nd great depression lasted so long is we have an administration who is unfriendly toward business and is more concerned about politics than this country's recovery.
you are partially correct: the country,rich and poor,republican and democrat all pulled together after 9/11 and a feeling of unity that i have never experienced before or since embraced the USA............. yes we were at war,but NOT with Iraq.
The Dubya administration took advantage of this to go to start war with Iraq that very much profited the upper class.
The war in Afghanistan was forgotten( no oil) and the command in Afghanistan was turned over to the UN so the USA's focus and troop involvement could be applied to Iraq. Osama Bin Laden escaped and was forgotten,as were Al Queada . The focus centered on Saddam who had ZERO involvement with 9/11 ( Al Queada felt he was too 'secular') and 5,000 US troops died for NOTHING,as well as thousands of Iraqi citizens.

I very much fail to see how Bush was 'the right man' to have in office during this time.

The idea that Obama has done nothing to improve the economy when the proof is in the steady growth of the Market, steady growth of Housing,steady growth of Car sales( Housing and Car Sales are very big indicators of a strong or weak economy) and a steady decline in unemployment since he has taken office is absurd.

UPS Lifer

I also have my doubts about Iraq. Unless you sit in the White House and are privileged to participate and hear the policy being made, everything is speculation (for any administration) unless whistle blowers come forward to tell us what happened and even that has to be corroborated.

We can all speculate what happened. One of my thoughts on it (speculation) is that there was retribution involved because the job was not finished in Desert Storm with George the Elder. Unless people come forward with the details, we will never know for sure.

I am not a fan of the Iraq War but I am very glad to see Saddam gone. He was EVIL. But was it America's place to take him out? I also think that there was a strategy (again all speculation on my part) that there was an evil leader in a strategic country that we already had the formula for a "fast win" figured out. This was the perfect country to instill the influence we needed to fight this invisible war. Major problem - we didn't have the formula figured out!

Your choice for President was Gore or Bush. I think Gore has proven what kind of individual he is .... we had the right person in office despite the Iraq war.

moreluck

golden ticket member
you are partially correct: the country,rich and poor,republican and democrat all pulled together after 9/11 and a feeling of unity that i have never experienced before or since embraced the USA............. yes we were at war,but NOT with Iraq.
The Dubya administration took advantage of this to go to start war with Iraq that very much profited the upper class.
The war in Afghanistan was forgotten( no oil) and the command in Afghanistan was turned over to the UN so the USA's focus and troop involvement could be applied to Iraq. Osama Bin Laden escaped and was forgotten,as were Al Queada . The focus centered on Saddam who had ZERO involvement with 9/11 ( Al Queada felt he was too 'secular') and 5,000 US troops died for NOTHING,as well as thousands of Iraqi citizens.

I very much fail to see how Bush was 'the right man' to have in office during this time.

The idea that Obama has done nothing to improve the economy when the proof is in the steady growth of the Market, steady growth of Housing,steady growth of Car sales( Housing and Car Sales are very big indicators of a strong or weak economy) and a steady decline in unemployment since he has taken office is absurd.

Like Lifer said in another thread.....despite the admin.....things survive.....the market thrives in spite of the country's leadership. Like it has a mind of its own. Obama has shown his prowess at picking companies to be successful.....he sucks at it !!

bbsam

Staff member
I suppose if one wants to find a single determining metric to hang a Pass/Fail.grade, he/she will find one. But I think you would find yourself hard pressed to find an objective business analyst who would say we were better off in the last days of the Bush presidency than we are today.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Like Lifer said in another thread.....despite the admin.....things survive.....the market thrives in spite of the country's leadership. Like it has a mind of its own. Obama has shown his prowess at picking companies to be successful.....he sucks at it !!

As with most of your posts this is simply WRONG,and wrong to the point of being humourous.
The US Economy has improved at a marked rate BECAUSE of Obama's policies: The American Recovery and Reinvestment act,the Recovery Act,Cash For Clunkers, American Jobs Act and the Bailing out of US Car Companies are just a few of his policies which have stimulated an Economy that was left in ruins after 8 years of Republican.............and i use this term VERY loosely..............'Leadership'

It boggles my mind to think of the advances that could be made if teh Republicans would STOP Bi partisianship and actually WORK with the President for the good of the USA

oldngray

nowhere special
As with most of your posts this is simply WRONG,and wrong to the point of being humourous.
The US Economy has improved at a marked rate BECAUSE of Obama's policies: The American Recovery and Reinvestment act,the Recovery Act,Cash For Clunkers, American Jobs Act and the Bailing out of US Car Companies are just a few of his policies which have stimulated an Economy that was left in ruins after 8 years of Republican.............and i use this term VERY loosely..............'Leadership'

It boggles my mind to think of the advances that could be made if teh Republicans would STOP Bi partisianship and actually WORK with the President for the good of the USA

Working with Obama would require Obama to be willing to work with anyone else. He acts like a tyrant demanding everything his way with no willingness to compromise, and acts like a spoiled child when he doesn't get everything his own way.

UPS Lifer

Spoken like a true leftist.

The country elected a black president. We were not divided then as we are now. We had a true patriot as President, Like all the presidents Democratic and Republican, Bush cared for all of America, not someone who "leads" from behind. BO has a subversive goal to destroy the Republican party.

Yeah, we are much better off! RICH!

bbsam

Staff member
President yes.King no...But he doesn't know that!!I bet you would like a 100 million dollar vacation! And so would I.......That's what kings do.not presidents!!
Hmmmm. Elected officials spend alot of money. Anyone ever add up the expenses run up by the Hpuse Republican caucus?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Working with Obama would require Obama to be willing to work with anyone else. He acts like a tyrant demanding everything his way with no willingness to compromise, and acts like a spoiled child when he doesn't get everything his own way.
I was thinking the same of Boehner and the Republican party.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Spoken like a true leftist.

The country elected a black president. We were not divided then as we are now. We had a true patriot as President, Like all the presidents Democratic and Republican, Bush cared for all of America, not someone who "leads" from behind. BO has a subversive goal to destroy the Republican party.

Yeah, we are much better off! RICH!

rubbish. Bush cared for all of Rich White America. He cared for the top 3% of America. He cared for those from whom he and his cronies could profit from( Blackwater et al)

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
President yes.King no...But he doesn't know that!!I bet you would like a 100 million dollar vacation! And so would I.......That's what kings do.not presidents!!
Pot meet Kettle!

George W. Bush spent 879 days at his Crawford Ranch. Another source reveals that during 2 terms as President, Bush spent all or of part of 487 days at Camp David, on retreats and made 77 trips to his Crawford Ranch, in Texas, where he spent all or part of 490 days, on his Ranch.

The total number of days of vacation or retreat President Bush took, while in office over a period of 8 years was 977 days, or 32% of his total time in office, was spent on vacations or retreats.he spent approximately 1/3 of his time away from the White House.

Pot meet Kettle!

George W. Bush spent 879 days at his Crawford Ranch. Another source reveals that during 2 terms as President, Bush spent all or of part of 487 days at Camp David, on retreats and made 77 trips to his Crawford Ranch, in Texas, where he spent all or part of 490 days, on his Ranch.

The total number of days of vacation or retreat President Bush took, while in office over a period of 8 years was 977 days, or 32% of his total time in office, was spent on vacations or retreats.he spent approximately 1/3 of his time away from the White House.
I am not waving the Bush flag. But did he spend $100 million on one vacation? That's all Im saying.