Gig driving for UPS?

mcsketcher

Here we go...
I did it before I got hired by UPS. Roadie. They provide no support, offer zero time consideration that you don’t also have to spend more time to get, and walk away when you have an issue. Like, totally ignore your request for even basic info about the recipient.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have heard a rumor that UPS bought a company that delivers for Walmart, I don't think it is Roadie.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I've said this before, if UPS wants to grow in a significant way, we need to get back to our roots and start doing the store/restaurant pickup delivery stuff, along the lines of door dash, uber eats, etc. PVD's would be best suited for that. They could start it as a separate business unit, and negotiate terms with the Union to get that going. Then, during the next contract negotiations, negotiate terms for the other business units (Small Package and Freight) to be able to be more flexible with moving employees around to suit the needs of the market more flexibly (think using the door dash type pvd's and freight in small package during peak, etc.), then I could see UPS do really well domestically. Maybe it would be too complicated, but we need to be able to compete in the changing market place while protecting, and hopefully creating new, good jobs.

So far I have made a number of suggestions on here that the company seems to have subsequently implemented in some fashion. I'd be interested to see how the pvd thing evolves.