Glad I'm out of this Part2

FedGT

Do you understand why they aren't contributing to an IRA?

Because 70% of this country doesn't even contribute monthly to a savings account let alone a 401k, IRA, life insurance, etc.
20% of this country plans for their future leaving 80% regardless if they make enough to or not because all "extra" money goes to another toy they can make a payment on to keep living for the now.

overflowed

That's rich. They can't afford to no matter how much you boys say you pay your drivers. I believe a few do pay ok because of morality issues. The rest?

FedGT

Not a joke. Not about our drivers either, look it up. It is the culture of the new America. How many on this site have multiple cars "Sunday drivers", motorcycles, atvs, boats, jet skis, cabins, vacation homes.
Turn what I say into something about how terrible we are, like you always do. I am making a point based on fact to a question you asked.

overflowed

Really, I care less about how you treat your drivers or whatever you want to call them. I understand the same excess Americans have been doing for decades. Why would I need to look up what I know from experience and not need to you use my iphone for? Do you think everyone is so shallow that we all need to look things up? Do you spend in excess? I do not.

It will be fine

That's rich. They can't afford to no matter how much you boys say you pay your drivers. I believe a few do pay ok because of morality issues. The rest?
They don't contribute to retirement savings because they lack personal responsibility. I opened my IRA when I started driving for a contractor. I was making less than I pay my guys now. I've had more than a few drivers go out and buy new cars after working for me for a few months. It's their priorities. They could afford to save, they choose not to.

FedGT

Really, I care less about how you treat your drivers or whatever you want to call them. I understand the same excess Americans have been doing for decades. Why would I need to look up what I know from experience and not need to you use my iphone for? Do you think everyone is so shallow that we all need to look things up? Do you spend in excess? I do not.

You care less how we treat our drivers?? That's interesting since it seems like that is 50% what you post about. I really don't know why you take everything so personal and are getting so worked up, nothing I said should have got that reaction from you. If people would open their minds a little more instead of just assuming they need to be on the defense all the time it would lead to much better conversations.

bacha29

Good evening Mr. it will be fine. I took no oiffense when you accused me of being ignorant when there exists no greater example of blatant ignorance than your complete lack of remorse over the fact that your employee's have to rely on government welfare programs in order to make ends meet working for you,out there delivering your boxes for you while carrying medical assistance cards in their wallets. And 401K plans are meaningless if employees have no discretionary funds available to contribute to the plan or the the employer refuses to match what they can contribute.
Don't look down your nose at me or the others like me who wouldn't stoop to doing what you're doing. Combining the risks of being an ISP with a continuing revenue shortfall then dump the problem in the federal government's lap leaving it to them to find a solution to challenges you commited yourself to solving on your own. That's the making of a true independent contractor. Instead your find yourself today trapped between the company's continous demand for even more uncompensated value and your growing demand for even more government funded wage and benefit subsides. Therefore if I were you I would think twice before I went out and started bragging about your success in business before an informed public that knows better.

FedGT

Good evening Mr. it will be fine. I took no oiffense when you accused me of being ignorant when there exists no greater example of blatant ignorance than your complete lack of remorse over the fact that your employee's have to rely on government welfare programs in order to make ends meet working for you,out there delivering your boxes for you while carrying medical assistance cards in their wallets. And 401K plans are meaningless if employees have no discretionary funds available to contribute to the plan or the the employer refuses to match what they can contribute.
Don't look down your nose at me or the others like me who wouldn't stoop to doing what you're doing. Combining the risks of being an ISP with a continuing revenue shortfall then dump the problem in the federal government's lap leaving it to them to find a solution to challenges you commited yourself to solving on your own. That's the making of a true independent contractor. Instead your find yourself today trapped between the company's continous demand for even more uncompensated value and your growing demand for even more government funded wage and benefit subsides. Therefore if I were you I would think twice before I went out and started bragging about your success in business before an informed public that knows better.

Don't think I can agree with a fair amount of that. If you can think of 10 businesses that have 10 or fewer employees, honestly tell me how many of those small businesses are paying for health care costs and full benefits. I have 10 employees 5 of which are smokers, I have looked into medical benefits but the cost for me to do it based on the smokers alone is such a ridiculously astronomical price that it makes much more sense for the employees to get their own. Any small business under 25 people would think the exact same way. Offer insurance on that skewed of a small pool and say you cover 50% of the cost and they will still be paying pretty close to the same price as an individual rate.

Bounty

Don't think I can agree with a fair amount of that. If you can think of 10 businesses that have 10 or fewer employees, honestly tell me how many of those small businesses are paying for health care costs and full benefits. I have 10 employees 5 of which are smokers, I have looked into medical benefits but the cost for me to do it based on the smokers alone is such a ridiculously astronomical price that it makes much more sense for the employees to get their own. Any small business under 25 people would think the exact same way. Offer insurance on that skewed of a small pool and say you cover 50% of the cost and they will still be paying pretty close to the same price as an individual rate.
Maybe your right about healthcare, how about a paid week of or just a couple of paid sick days a year, for your employees. Very few if any contractors pay anything. The new ISp contractors that have been forced by x to buy routes have no idea how to run a real business. No clue about labor laws, tax rules or legal problems that will face them soon. Shoestring budget taped together equals big problems in the future.

It will be fine

You do not understand the ACA. You may know it as obamacare. As it stands now my wages average over $50k/yr. that eliminates my company from receiving any subsidy on premiums for an employer sponsored plan. My drivers who make that wage as an individual with a family do qualify for significant premium subsidies. The savings of a group plan do not outweigh the subsidies they receive as an individual. I would be doing them harm to offer a plan. Were I to offer an employer plan it would eliminate their ability to receive those individual subsidies. This isn't Medicaid we're talking about, it's just math.

It will be fine

Maybe your right about healthcare, how about a paid week of or just a couple of paid sick days a year, for your employees. Very few if any contractors pay anything. The new ISp contractors that have been forced by x to buy routes have no idea how to run a real business. No clue about labor laws, tax rules or legal problems that will face them soon. Shoestring budget taped together equals big problems in the future.
This is pretty much all true. Many of them get their act together eventually and realize paid time off is a necessity in this job. It's a matter of scale though. FedEx won't pay someone with 4 trucks enough to have adequate coverage.

FedGT

I can honestly say I only know of one contractor that does not give paid time off in my building. I only know the big guys not many of the 2-4 psa contractors, but all the big ones do.
I do agree with you that new ISPs that had to merge or could expand rapidly may do some stupid unethical things at first with the ignorance is bliss mentality but it will have to change quickly or they will be hurting themselves.

Bounty

This is pretty much all true. Many of them get their act together eventually and realize paid time off is a necessity in this job. It's a matter of scale though. FedEx won't pay someone with 4 trucks enough to have adequate coverage.
Many of the contractors that are going forward are mortgaging the rest of their lives for this scam. I'm not being sarcastic but I see a couple of them are going to financially destruct, some of the single route owners that are holding notes are in trouble too. Meanwhile x keeps collecting profits, it really is sad.

bbsam

Staff member
Many of the contractors that are going forward are mortgaging the rest of their lives for this scam. I'm not being sarcastic but I see a couple of them are going to financially destruct, some of the single route owners that are holding notes are in trouble too. Meanwhile x keeps collecting profits, it really is sad.
We'll see. X does some odd.things and it's definitely in their interest to have this model succeed in general at every level. I've seen the company reaching out more to the investor/owner and they've been finding some success in that realm.

Bounty

We'll see. X does some odd.things and it's definitely in their interest to have this model succeed in general at every level. I've seen the company reaching out more to the investor/owner and they've been finding some success in that realm.
X must love your blind love. It's an absolute mess here, from top to bottom. I have no idea how you look at things. Everyone in my terminal is being forced to spend a lot of money or be kicked out.

bbsam

Staff member
X must love your blind love. It's an absolute mess here, from top to bottom. I have no idea how you look at things. Everyone in my terminal is being forced to spend a lot of money or be kicked out.
In a lot.of respects, the rest of the country is getting to where I have been for years.

M I Indy

Through rose colored glasses, Bounty. He has seen the company......they've been finding success, blah, blah, nothing ever to back it up, just bb bull. Always "we'll see" yet never any thing to see.

bbsam

Staff member
Through rose colored glasses, Bounty. He has seen the company......they've been finding success, blah, blah, nothing ever to back it up, just bb bull. Always "we'll see" yet never any thing to see.
We see court cases won, lost, appealled, reversed and affirmed.

We see the effects of purposely vague law and the interpretations from the bench that result from that vagueness.

That's what we see.

Bounty

In a lot.of respects, the rest of the country is getting to where I have been for years.
The difference is you probably got your routes for free, these guys are being forced to buy and it's sad to say a lot of them are not capable of running these larger scams.