Glad I'm out of this Part2

OUMick

There is holes in their financials because most of them are paying some of their employee wages off the books.Contractors don't pay a decent wage or maintain their fleet.

Some do. Paying someone "off the books" isn't beneficial to anyone unless done over a three year period. I doubt it happens very often if ever due to insurance purposes in the contracting business.

Bounty

Some do. Paying someone "off the books" isn't beneficial to anyone unless done over a three year period. I doubt it happens very often if ever due to insurance purposes in the contracting business.
The contractor lowers his workers comp bill, that's the benefit.

OUMick

The contractor lowers his workers comp bill, that's the benefit.

The contractor loses the write off. $35-40k of profit is quite a bit. He also runs into the issue of non employees getting in accidents. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I would imagine it would mostly for "fill in" types. I also think the contractor that does this is a fool. If the IRS finds out (which they do with one pissed off employee) any benefit is quickly erased.

bacha29

Bounty and OUMick: you guys nailed it. It is a very unstable investment platform. Think of it from the bank's perpective. It writes a $200,000 loan to a guy to but some routes. Six months later the guy for one of several possible reason defaults. What does the bank then have, a couple of worn out trucks sitting out in the yard with termination notices slapped on the windshield.

bacha29

Great points guys. In the sate that I live in,if you get caught with what are unquestionably employees and youhave no workmans comp on them the fine can run nas high as $250,000 and up to 3 years in prison, A few years back this guy over in na neighboring county had a sawmill. An employee in the mill was badly injured and the judge threw the book at him

Bounty

The contractor loses the write off. $35-40k of profit is quite a bit. He also runs into the issue of non employees getting in accidents. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I would imagine it would mostly for "fill in" types. I also think the contractor that does this is a fool. If the IRS finds out (which they do with one :censored2: off employee) any benefit is quickly erased.
As you said before you did not own a route. I would love to go into details of the nonsense x has pulled over the years but I am not going to go into details on this forum. I will however do my due diligence in terms of my legal rights and make the proper authorities aware of everything.

bbsam

Staff member
As you said before you did not own a route. I would love to go into details of the nonsense x has pulled over the years but I am not going to go into details on this forum. I will however do my due diligence in terms of my legal rights and make the proper authorities aware of everything.
Pssst. The proper authorities are in on it.

OUMick

Bounty and OUMick: you guys nailed it. It is a very unstable investment platform. Think of it from the bank's perpective. It writes a $200,000 loan to a guy to but some routes. Six months later the guy for one of several possible reason defaults. What does the bank then have, a couple of worn out trucks sitting out in the yard with termination notices slapped on the windshield.

Every business for sale has "good will" built in. No bank will touch any loan unless you have your own collateral. It has nothing to do with Fedex. The banks have found a way to escape any risk with SBA backing the loan.

bacha29

Good point. But the ugly underlying truth is that profits are to be private domain but the risks are to be the public's domain. AIG and other financial giants that were suppossed to be too big to fail set this practice in motion.

It will be fine

Good point. But the ugly underlying truth is that profits are to be private domain but the risks are to be the public's domain. AIG and other financial giants that were suppossed to be too big to fail set this practice in motion.
Dead on. The Small Business Act was created to protect large financial giants.

bacha29

Mr. IWBF I now know what you mean when saidthat "It will be fine." Anytime I needed to borrow money I went directly to the bank. Not once did I ever take the loan risks and dump them into the taxpayer's lap in the form of a SBA loan quarantee. The risks were mine and mine alone. Health care? Every month I get a premium bill and it's not subsidised. But when it comes to finding a way for the people you want to give you the best years of their lives to pay their medical bills you dump that into the laps of the taxpayers So anytime while in your pursuit of entrepenurial excellance you create a problem for yourself that's bigger than you can solve you just take it and dump it into the taxpayer's lap. Yet you have the audacity to ridicule and talk down to the people who take responsibility for their own actions and are not always out there looking for somebody help shoulder the load. What you call a personal attack. I call the facts.

bbsam

Staff member
Mr. IWBF I now know what you mean when saidthat "It will be fine." Anytime I needed to borrow money I went directly to the bank. Not once did I ever take the loan risks and dump them into the taxpayer's lap in the form of a SBA loan quarantee. The risks were mine and mine alone. Health care? Every month I get a premium bill and it's not subsidised. But when it comes to finding a way for the people you want to give you the best years of their lives to pay their medical bills you dump that into the laps of the taxpayers So anytime while in your pursuit of entrepenurial excellance you create a problem for yourself that's bigger than you can solve you just take it and dump it into the taxpayer's lap. Yet you have the audacity to ridicule and talk down to the people who take responsibility for their own actions and are not always out there looking for somebody help shoulder the load. What you call a personal attack. I call the facts.
What country do you live in?

OUMick

Again. Please find me a bank that will lend money for ANY business other than SBA. The only way that happens is if you have enough collateral to back the loan. What you did in the past for loans is not possible anymore unless you could liquidate and pay cash. This isn't the US of 25 years ago.

bacha29

I had enough collateral to back the loan. You see I didn't go diving into this too deeply because this venture would support only a very limited amount of debt and the contractor had to remain very cash flow positive.If you can remember the old Smith safety system that was indoctrinated into us all the time. When it came to safety one rule stood foremost among the others. "Leave yourself an out" which could from an economic perspective be accomplished easily when you had little debt and were cash flow positive Unfortunately the ongoing conversion from IC to ISP is going to take that freedom away from a lot of people leaving even more at the mercy of FXG and by the time they discover what they have lost it will be too late.

bbsam

Staff member
I had enough collateral to back the loan. You see I didn't go diving into this too deeply because this venture would support only a very limited amount of debt and the contractor had to remain very cash flow positive.If you can remember the old Smith safety system that was indoctrinated into us all the time. When it came to safety one rule stood foremost among the others. "Leave yourself an out" which could from an economic perspective be accomplished easily when you had little debt and were cash flow positive Unfortunately the ongoing conversion from IC to ISP is going to take that freedom away from a lot of people leaving even more at the mercy of FXG and by the time they discover what they have lost it will be too late.
Do the Trump thing. Bankruptcy.

FedGT

No financing??

In the past two months I was approached by a banker at a large institutional bank telling me that they loaned on FedEx contracts. Also I was sent an email from 5 star (or whoever they merged with) saying that they now do route lending.
Many options are out there for the right individuals.

bacha29

I'll pass it on next time I hear from someone who can't get financing. I'm out of this and I feel sorry for the prople who in the end will be enslaved to their own indebtedness which is exactlly what X wants. Fewer contractors, heavy debt no liguidity and no way out.