got fired going threw gft process

benny k

i got fired for having 2 performace reminders and 1 warning letter in a 12 month period ...... ive been reading threw the policy and on my second letter i was not told that it was my second letter i thought it was my first, i was not told when i got it or did i sign any kind of document stating that it was my second which i read in the policy is supposed to happen and in my gft meeting they also said there is no documentation that i was told that ...... and on my last incident i scraped the side of the truck the estimate was under 1,000$ so i thought it would just be a occurence but it got upgraded to a performance reminder...... i cant find in the policy where it automaticly gets upgraded to a performance reminder and they couldnt show me in the meeting where it states that they just kept saying it was there ...... i just got my step 2 process portion does anybody have any suggestions what else i could do with this?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
i got fired for having 2 performace reminders and 1 warning letter in a 12 month period ...... ive been reading threw the policy and on my second letter i was not told that it was my second letter i thought it was my first, i was not told when i got it or did i sign any kind of document stating that it was my second which i read in the policy is supposed to happen and in my gft meeting they also said there is no documentation that i was told that ...... and on my last incident i scraped the side of the truck the estimate was under 1,000$ so i thought it would just be a occurence but it got upgraded to a performance reminder...... i cant find in the policy where it automaticly gets upgraded to a performance reminder and they couldnt show me in the meeting where it states that they just kept saying it was there ...... i just got my step 2 process portion does anybody have any suggestions what else i could do with this?

Sounds like you're done. Move on, forget this place, and get a job with a future.

benny k

my only question is that i have read the accident policy nowhere in the policy does it state that it is automatic that you get a performance reminder for having two driving oocurences in 12 months

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
my only question is that i have read the accident policy nowhere in the policy does it state that it is automatic that you get a performance reminder for having two driving oocurences in 12 months
Bring that up in your GFT. When you were fired your mgr should have given you any policy pertaining to your firing. Fight it all the way if you have to.

benny k

i have had my first gft and they could not show me where it stated that policy they just kept saying it was there but they couldnt find it and i just got my letter back from the first gft saying that it was upheld but my senior told me it probably would be because the district manager doesnt normally change but i might have more success on part 2 of the process

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
i have had my first gft and they could not show me where it stated that policy they just kept saying it was there but they couldnt find it and i just got my letter back from the first gft saying that it was upheld but my senior told me it probably would be because the district manager doesnt normally change but i might have more success on part 2 of the process
Don't get discouraged yet. Someone in my building, whose manager did everything 100% by the book in their firing, just got their job back at the second level of the GFT.

benny k

im not discoured im just disappointed that im getting canned after 11yrs for a policy that i cant find or that they cant find or show me

benny k

and is the policy to sign off that i had recieved notification that i got my second letter or is it that i just have to take there word for it .....it says (all second disciplinary notifications should advise employee that termination normally occurs if a third notification is received within a 12-month period,this language should be included even if a decision day is not warranted)...... i was never told that or signed off on that which was confirmed in my meeting with them

benny k

the hr is a joke she just kept agreeing with them the whole time .... i was told they would send me the policy that was thursday i still havent seen anything

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
the hr is a joke she just kept agreeing with them the whole time .... i was told they would send me the policy that was thursday i still havent seen anything
Find out who her boss is and call them. A CSA will look up the number for you. No one in my station deals with our local HR rep. He's an idiot. They call HIS boss.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
and is the policy to sign off that i had recieved notification that i got my second letter or is it that i just have to take there word for it .....it says (all second disciplinary notifications should advise employee that termination normally occurs if a third notification is received within a 12-month period,this language should be included even if a decision day is not warranted)...... i was never told that or signed off on that which was confirmed in my meeting with them
Oh, and I take their word for NOTHING. I always insist on them showing me policy in black and white.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
im not discoured im just disappointed that im getting canned after 11yrs for a policy that i cant find or that they cant find or show me
Consult an attorney if you have to.

In some GFT cases, if legal smells a potential lawsuit, they'll tell district management to rule in your favor.

benny k

i might just get a attorney ......like i said nobody can show me that it is automatic that a occurence can turn into a performance reminder if you have had a accident earlier in the year ...... i asked if my driving was becoming a problem why didnt i get sent to a remedial driving class.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

You might have some luck trying to get them on the procedural issue. Your best bet is apologizing profusely for whatever you did to get fired and going from there.

benny k

i just remembered that when i had my last accident that dont have a actuall physical copy of what happend that day...... i was asked to write a letter and text a picture of to the manager it was 2 hrs after i had clocked out on a saturday