Got snapped at by a clerk for being early and setting up the belt?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just a rant. I get to work 20 - 40 minutes early everyday. Clerk saw me setting up the belt like she has many times and says "wish you guys would stop coming in early and working off the clock". I tried to explain that I was just setting up cause it helps me get ready to just start loading my PCs. Nobody else on my belt knows how to do it, or they just wont. I also do it because as soon as the belt turns on the send agains on the belt start moving down and will keep going if i don't have the blocker on. It takes 5 minutes to set it up and bring up my send agains. I don't see what the issue is. Makes the start of my day easier.
Why not just leave some of your money in a basket with a "Free-Please Take" sign on it? Same thing.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah. Not a bad idea. The clerk has been there for 11 years so maybe I should heed her advice while I can.
Just a word of advice... Some of those old customer counter people can be sneaky and backstabbing... Specifically some of the grandmas... Be careful..

W

What The Hawk?

You sound like a troll....
I troll on YouTube. But my content on here is actually true. I was really looking for advice. Because I have been working off the clock for the past 45 days here and I won't be doing that anymore. It worked out just fine this morning.

You're covered. But it's an easy way to get terminated
Only if you are in pre seniority. Otherwise it's a simple "work as instructed" issue. Most state laws prevent the termination of an employee do to an on job injury. Another issue that UPS makes up rules on.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Only if you are in pre seniority. Otherwise it's a simple "work as instructed" issue. Most state laws prevent the termination of an employee do to an on job injury. Another issue that UPS makes up rules on.

He was never instructed to perform the setup work on his own time.

He was never instructed to perform the setup work on his own time.
When an employee works off the clock. It is the supervisors job to instruct the employee to never work off the clock, and document. The sup must cya. Otherwise, when an employee gets hurt working off the clock, the sup may be terminated. And could possibly open up another class action suit.