Got snapped at by a clerk for being early and setting up the belt?

ani-09d9764935534b78129a0712b3a62078.gif

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Just a rant. I get to work 20 - 40 minutes early everyday. Clerk saw me setting up the belt like she has many times and says "wish you guys would stop coming in early and working off the clock". I tried to explain that I was just setting up cause it helps me get ready to just start loading my PCs. Nobody else on my belt knows how to do it, or they just wont. I also do it because as soon as the belt turns on the send agains on the belt start moving down and will keep going if i don't have the blocker on. It takes 5 minutes to set it up and bring up my send agains. I don't see what the issue is. Makes the start of my day easier.

Looks like you got hit with some knowledge !!

BcM8OTdTlT7La.gif

Don't work off the clock, EVER !!!!!!

By The Book

If you want to drive, after peak sign up for Sat. air and air exception driver. Then this Summer do vacation cover. Good way to get your foot in the door and decide if this is really the job for you.
All good suggestions but don't forget to mention that little thing called seniority.

PT Car Washer

All good suggestions but don't forget to mention that little thing called seniority.
Very true, but at least in my building UPS has almost exhausted all the PT seniority that want to drive in any capacity, PT or FT. Plus with Saturday Ground coming up they will need all the drivers they can find.

Dr.Brownz

Yes, however if it makes the start go smoother then why not? Its also a slide that devides the belt. If it's not set up by start time stuff goes everywhere.

YOU ARE WORKING FOR FREE!!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? WHY NOT JUST HAND THEM YOUR PAYCHECK BACK AT THE END OF THE WEEK?

20-40 minutes everyday is $800 - $1600 a year! I'd love to have an extra $1600 to blow on liquor and whores at the end of the year!

DON"T WORK OFF THE CLOCK! IF YOU GET INJURED YOU WILL BE SCREWED (hard)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just a rant. I get to work 20 - 40 minutes early everyday. Clerk saw me setting up the belt like she has many times and says "wish you guys would stop coming in early and working off the clock". I tried to explain that I was just setting up cause it helps me get ready to just start loading my PCs. Nobody else on my belt knows how to do it, or they just wont. I also do it because as soon as the belt turns on the send agains on the belt start moving down and will keep going if i don't have the blocker on. It takes 5 minutes to set it up and bring up my send agains. I don't see what the issue is. Makes the start of my day easier.
Really? "No one else on your belt knows how to do it"? That's doubtful. No one else on your belt is willing to come in 40 minutes early for work (which is pointless) when they can sleep an extra half hour and still show up on time. Incidentally, what did you say back to the clerk?

W

What The Hawk?

Lmao. ok guys I get it. i got 5 minutes until my start time and I haven't touched anything. Thanks for all the replies! Happy Thanksgiving!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

YOU ARE WORKING FOR FREE!!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? WHY NOT JUST HAND THEM YOUR PAYCHECK BACK AT THE END OF THE WEEK?

20-40 minutes everyday is $800 - $1600 a year! I'd love to have an extra $1600 to blow on liquor and whores at the end of the year!

DON"T WORK OFF THE CLOCK! IF YOU GET INJURED YOU WILL BE SCREWED (hard)

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. He said that he shows up 20-40 minutes early but only spends about 5 minutes before start time getting his belt set up.