Ground to Express. Mistake or not?

bbsam

Staff member
Just rubbing those greedy little hands in anticipation, eh? Well, I hope that the wheels fall off your Ground bus real soon. You can count on a lot of us to be loosening the lug nuts.

do you want Express to succeed or fail? If you want it to fail and do everything in your power to make that happen, he will soon be part time. If, however, you want it to succeed and everyone gets the full time hours they want, why would you advocate your little sabotage plans at every turn? Again, your success or failure has little to do with Ground at this point. The die is cast as far as the two paths are concerned. Whether or not you thrive going forward is up to you.

DRAisawesome

What market you in? That is one healthy starting salary even with the swing differential. And if people talk about top out pay to you. guess what, it will never happen. With a 4 yr degree I would seek employment elsewhere soon. you will be at 17 and change for awhile with your premiums continually going up along with deductibles and copays. Good luck at express.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
do you want Express to succeed or fail? If you want it to fail and do everything in your power to make that happen, he will soon be part time. If, however, you want it to succeed and everyone gets the full time hours they want, why would you advocate your little sabotage plans at every turn? Again, your success or failure has little to do with Ground at this point. The die is cast as far as the two paths are concerned. Whether or not you thrive going forward is up to you.

Huh? Our success or failure has little to do with Ground? I "thrive" because I've built a money-making business outside of FedEx. Nobody thrives at Express any longer unless you're atop the food chain. You're starting to sound like you've been listening to Dano's spew while he waxes MT3's limo. Express is designed to fail right now, because that's what the execs want. This will "justify" the shift in services over to Ground, a plan that has been underway for years. All they're doing now is trying to minimize the fallout after they drop the bomb.

bbsam

Staff member
Thrive may be a subjective term. Do Express drivers want 35 hours a week or 45 to 50? Yes a good deal of Express will go to Ground. That is the die that is cast. But it is a different day now. Express is reinventing themselves with new services, are they not? New commit times, new service guarantees, new customers. So what's it going to be? Go above and beyond to show what Express is made of, or a bunch of disgruntled employees pining for a past that is far gone? So again, do you want Express to succeed the way it has in the past or are you desiring that it become your vision of what Ground is?

TUT

Sorry none of that applies to me. I have no tats, never in life used a food stamp. I do have a track record of great service with my customers at ground and I do have a college degree from a 4 year university. Not sure what the ground drivers are like where you are but I'm not one of them.

Just to help you out, he's doesn't like you, he thinks Ground people are scabs to the Express worker. So you probably just ignore his simpleton comments as if "you" are his problem.

TUT

Yeah he gets himself stuck in that one often... One moment it's Kill Express, then another it's your hurting Express, stop it!

hypo hanna

Thrive may be a subjective term. Do Express drivers want 35 hours a week or 45 to 50? Yes a good deal of Express will go to Ground. That is the die that is cast. But it is a different day now. Express is reinventing themselves with new services, are they not? New commit times, new service guarantees, new customers. So what's it going to be? Go above and beyond to show what Express is made of, or a bunch of disgruntled employees pining for a past that is far gone? So again, do you want Express to succeed the way it has in the past or are you desiring that it become your vision of what Ground is?
Even if we go above and beyond to help FedEx succeed in its self reinvention, we know that we as the hourly employees will not share in the spoils. This has been clear to us older employees for a long time.

bbsam

Staff member
Even if we go above and beyond to help FedEx succeed in its self reinvention, we know that we as the hourly employees will not share in the spoils. This has been clear to us older employees for a long time.

then as I said before, the OP won't be truly full time for long. That's all I was pointing out.

vantexan

If they offer 45-50 I'll take it. Know why? They've kept our pay down to the point we are obligated to dance on the end of their string for a decent paycheck. Of course that's relative. Our decent paycheck is just a so so check for topped out couriers. And we work alot more to get what they take for granted with 40. That's just another reason to hate the job, being obligated to put it before everything else just to get by. And no matter what they do with new services it's doubtful we'll ever do as well as in the past because the push for profit precludes Express ever returning to what it once was.

STFXG

Sorry none of that applies to me. I have no tats, never in life used a food stamp. I do have a track record of great service with my customers at ground and I do have a college degree from a 4 year university. Not sure what the ground drivers are like where you are but I'm not one of them.

Just to help you out, he's doesn't like you, he thinks Ground people are scabs to the Express worker. So you probably just ignore his simpleton comments as if "you" are his problem.

TUT, I'm a ground contractor. I was pointing out all the ridiculous things express drivers say about ground drivers.

MJ, good luck with the new job. Report back to us how much easier it really is once you're running solo.

TUT

TUT, I'm a ground contractor. I was pointing out all the ridiculous things express drivers say about ground drivers.

Ah sorry about that, you did play the part perfectly though. +1 Oscar's to you!
And yes I have noticed that. The small guy beating on the small guy while the big guy laughs to the bank.

Fedexoffice_driver

Wow 17hr and here I though express pays more than office come to Fedex office I got started at 15.25hr ft with all the same benefits you listed and not such a ridiculous work load we average about 20 packages in and 8hr shift but were more like pizza delivery drivers so everyday is a new trip.But you know what anything is better than ground and if you like what you do keep doing it I have come too see all the fedex folks on here have different opinions and its never the Same for everybody.

mjtrackman

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it. Also, "code82approved" and I worked side by side at the Milwaukee terminal and the guys truck is loaded everyday. Between our trucks there were easily 500-600 packages a day!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it. Also, "code82approved" and I worked side by side at the Milwaukee terminal and the guys truck is loaded everyday. Between our trucks there were easily 500-600 packages a day!

And just think, you get paid $12 or so an hour to hump all that freight. Do you see a logical disconnect there?