Grounds growth

overflowed

might not get it. If unemployment sees that video, they couldn't easily rule that making it constituted malicious intent.
Do you really think any government agency would side with a leaking gas tank?

Weren't we all talking recently about the condition of ground trucks we see? We are all liars we see exactly this kind of nonsense with the trucks. You guys say BS we pass inspection every month. I think maybe they only inspect the new trucks.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Now there was a very well-written piece.

"according to a civil complained filed by the state Department of Toxic Substances Control."...

"hazardous materials such as acids, solvents, insecticides, batteries and other blamable, toxic or corrosive materials." ....

What on earth is a blamable material?.....Would that be like wee wee on a customer's driveway?

bbsam

Staff member
Do you really think any government agency would side with a leaking gas tank?

Weren't we all talking recently about the condition of ground trucks we see? We are all liars we see exactly this kind of nonsense with the trucks. You guys say BS we pass inspection every month. I think maybe they only inspect the new trucks.
What new trucks?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Now there was a very well-written piece.

"according to a civil complained filed by the state Department of Toxic Substances Control."...

"hazardous materials such as acids, solvents, insecticides, batteries and other blamable, toxic or corrosive materials." ....

What on earth is a blamable material?.....Would that be like wee wee on a customer's driveway?

A "blamable material" is where FedEx takes some blam, sprays you with it, and then says it's your fault. Also known as "OLCC in a can".

gixxer squid

LMFAO

Out of the 120 trucks our terminal has, I would without hesitation say that 50% or more are not "road worthy". Borrowed a truck from another contractor as ours was being repaired and it was the biggest POS that shouldn't even be licensed or insured. Bulk head door was held shut with bungee cord. Instrumentation panel did not work, had no idea if I had gas or speed of truck. I pointed the steering wheel right to go straight, more black smoke coming from tail pipe than atom bomb. It was a friend**ing joke and then some. Oh, back up camera didn't work and I could only open up back door from outside. Made very interesting pulling back to a dock

Few months back a contractor failed DOT inspection on all 6 trucks he had, what did he do? Found someone to pass all 6. I love how terminal P&D manager at the exit door preaching safety safety safety when drivers get a POS truck they must drive. Give me a break!!!!!!

We have had unusually heavy ground volume that last month, busier than peak. Most drivers doing 120-140 stops a day. Each driver comes in approximately 7;00-7;15 and is ready to roll out once the belt stops. Last Wednesday the trucks were late, no one was let out of the terminal till 9:20. Now go figure, 120-140 stops and your let out an hour later than usual in a truck that probably shouldn't even be on the road…..

What the hell is wrong with FEDEX?

While I have not read the 300 plus pages of our contract, there must be something in there that prevents management from inspecting the insides of our trucks. I for one would encourage an inspection of ours because without a doubt we would have no problem.

Simple solution: FEDEX hires its own DOT inspectors and one by one they do an inspection and 15 minute road test on each truck. They wanna preach safety yet let unsafe vehicles out of terminal. If a truck fails, its off the road immediately and unfortunately we, the contractor, is responsible for a replacement. Simple as that.

Or, does fedex really truly care about safety and easier to turn the other way and ignore the facts? Trust me, there are trucks worse than that drivers in the video out there.

So, Dano and STXFG or any others that seem to be corporate management on this board, do pray tell why this isn't being addressed???

STFXG

LMFAO

Out of the 120 trucks our terminal has, I would without hesitation say that 50% or more are not "road worthy". Borrowed a truck from another contractor as ours was being repaired and it was the biggest POS that shouldn't even be licensed or insured. Bulk head door was held shut with bungee cord. Instrumentation panel did not work, had no idea if I had gas or speed of truck. I pointed the steering wheel right to go straight, more black smoke coming from tail pipe than atom bomb. It was a friend**ing joke and then some. Oh, back up camera didn't work and I could only open up back door from outside. Made very interesting pulling back to a dock

Few months back a contractor failed DOT inspection on all 6 trucks he had, what did he do? Found someone to pass all 6. I love how terminal P&D manager at the exit door preaching safety safety safety when drivers get a POS truck they must drive. Give me a break!!!!!!

We have had unusually heavy ground volume that last month, busier than peak. Most drivers doing 120-140 stops a day. Each driver comes in approximately 7;00-7;15 and is ready to roll out once the belt stops. Last Wednesday the trucks were late, no one was let out of the terminal till 9:20. Now go figure, 120-140 stops and your let out an hour later than usual in a truck that probably shouldn't even be on the road…..

What the hell is wrong with FEDEX?

While I have not read the 300 plus pages of our contract, there must be something in there that prevents management from inspecting the insides of our trucks. I for one would encourage an inspection of ours because without a doubt we would have no problem.

Simple solution: FEDEX hires its own DOT inspectors and one by one they do an inspection and 15 minute road test on each truck. They wanna preach safety yet let unsafe vehicles out of terminal. If a truck fails, its off the road immediately and unfortunately we, the contractor, is responsible for a replacement. Simple as that.

Or, does fedex really truly care about safety and easier to turn the other way and ignore the facts? Trust me, there are trucks worse than that drivers in the video out there.

So, Dano and STXFG or any others that seem to be corporate management on this board, do pray tell why this isn't being addressed???
Did you do anything or just drive the truck illegally and come on a message board to complain?

I find it hard to believe any of the garbage you're spitting on here.

Sent using BrownCafe App

CJinx

Funny how an account with only 10 posts to their name is already throwing corporate accusations around.
Sock puppetry much?

gixxer squid

Did you do anything or just drive the truck illegally and come on a message board to complain?

I find it hard to believe any of the garbage you're spitting on here.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I know now why I don't post more, its a lack of intelligence that you and others have. Rather than name calling like most, I prefer to take the high road as its pointless. I have offered suggestions to customer relations but they are only there to protect the company and its image. Same goes for you jinx

The gentleman that posted this video is not the exception, its the norm. Had I known I was going to get this POS to drive the bulk stops I had, I would not have driven.

Rather than sticking head in sand, I have given corporate the solution. Have own DOT inspectors and test drive each truck. Sure this can be put in contracts somewhere thats up for renewal end of this month. Simple enough. Remember, SAFTEY 1st.

gixxer squid

Taking the high road on this forum would certainly be the road less travelled.

Resident know-it-all.
Name calling solves nothing. I have lurked in this board for 4 years, my lack of posts mean squat.

I have continually seen small things that need changing. Read my messily 10 or what ever posts. I am not flaming FedEx. It supplies my employees with jobs and our responsibility to deliver the packages and provides a modest living, however, modest enough that I can't quit my full time job

However, we, the contractor, are continually getting squeezed for shareholder profitability. FedEx was 90 a share 6 months ago and was around 140 recently. That's a nice hefty 6 month gain. However, we, doing the grunt work don't see any of it. I understand how the game works. I ask, what con sessions, please, name 3 in three years we (contractor)have gotten??? Anyone???

We will soon be loosing our supplemented truck wash and uniform subsidy in the coming months just to name a few recent. So, it would be my assumption that trucks are gonna look even dirtier and the faded purple shirts I see in the terminal may even look worse....

I am not a whistleblower, look at Edward Snowdens life now. I may be dilliusiinal, but I care about my business and how I am perceived. That being said, I am more than welcome to provide my personal phone number to anyone who pm's me who wants to discuss positive changes from a contractor standpoint which seems to be the cash cow of fedex I am not hiding in my office punching a keyboard acting like El Zorro